IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

35 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Thing is with bartons two legal battles coming up I doubt they can afford to sack him unless he is convicted in o e 9f them and they can go for gross misconduct. I think they are in a much bigger mess than everyone realises.

Exactly, they won't sack him now and have to pay him off when they could potentially get rid for nothing in a couple of months time. There could be a very strange scenario where the Rovers board and entire fan base are hoping for his court cases to go against him.

They are now below ourselves, Cardiff, Swansea, Plymouth, Exeter, Swindon and even Forest Green in terms of West Country football, if they drop into non league again I'm not sure they'll recover.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

A hard thought win today but momentum is growing and hopefully we can get another forward in by Tuesday evening 

Oh wow. I hadn’t looked at Swindon’s result. But I’m pleased. I have no allegiance to Swindon at all, in fact after that November I actively dislike them, but I’m really pleased for you. Enjoy. ? 

• Like 2

Just now, Dolman_Stand said:

Exactly, they won't sack him now and have to pay him off when they could potentially get rid for nothing in a couple of months time. There could be a very strange scenario where the Rovers board and entire fan base are hoping for his court cases to go against him.

They are now below ourselves, Cardiff, Swansea, Plymouth, Exeter, Swindon and even Forest Green in terms of West Country football, if they drop into non league again I'm not sure they'll recover.

Not firing him could well result in relegation from the League, but given their poor attendances, there may not be much of a financial loss in falling out of the league. 

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Don`t forget Cheltenham who took their coveted place in League 1 from them.

Hopefully soon they`ll be below the Mangos and Manor Farm.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Oh wow. I hadn’t looked at Swindon’s result. But I’m pleased. I have no allegiance to Swindon at all, in fact after that November I actively dislike them, but I’m really pleased for you. Enjoy. ? 

But but but, Swindon have the terrible manager who wasn’t good enough for Rovers

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I think a lot of us are enjoying it TBH. Not just because Ben Garner is proving he is an OK manager who it seems was just at a shit side but also  because we remember 82 and know Swindon came so close to doing the same. Real fans don`t deserve that.

Together with all the shit, nasty players and staff from 2014 have now moved on I can`t dislike them as much as I once did.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Cheers Fordy, Yes that November game was over the top by many but take it as a compliment that we celebrated beating a big club which wouldn't have happened if we had beaten the other lot who've always been in your shadow but even that is a distant memory for them theses days. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Barrow helped out by the referee, says Barton. After he'd sent off a Barrow player. He didn't win the second half this week, tbf, or the first half, so he's got to focus on the ref this week.

You can always tell a referee is biased when he sends off a player of the team he wants to win. ?

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Almost hope they don't, I hardly use my car these days and the Fewers park quite close to my house. 

Taking up 2 parking spaces makes me feel my errort is worth it, if they don't turn up....

I just remembered it's the international break so they may get a few extra floaters wanting to enjoy the atmosphere!

5 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Cheers Fordy, Yes that November game was over the top by many but take it as a compliment that we celebrated beating a big club which wouldn't have happened if we had beaten the other lot who've always been in your shadow but even that is a distant memory for them theses days. 

I bet you can’t believe the start to the season you have had after everything that went on . I’ve not got a lot of time for Swindon but credit where credit is due 

1 minute ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I bet you can’t believe the start to the season you have had after everything that went on . I’ve not got a lot of time for Swindon but credit where credit is due 

It was touch and go if we would be able to start the season or even worse fold completely so really pleased that we've got our club back and at long last have a decent owner 

• Like 2