IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Think ole jailbird might be backtracking a bit. 
five more signings to come . That’s 18 in & 27 out . Oh but they’ll need time to bed in. 
Last week he said they’ll definitely get promoted. Complete cockwomble that bloke 

Did he mention again "that no team will respect them in this division" zzzz?

Sounds like a miserable trip down the M6 this evening for the faithfull 300 (minus the seven that weren't).

They are suggesting that Joey might have headed too many footballs in his playing days as an excuse for his behaviour and the nonsense he spouts, then this:

Lionheart Avatar
Lionheart
Club Legend
13 minutes ago

I listen to Nigel Pearson - Quality balanced and measured leader.

I then listen to Barton - Fast paced, contradicting himself and just nonsense. It’s embarrassing
  • Robin 1

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Respect to the 7 who saw the light and stayed at home... 

12 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

7 decided not to go then as they said 300 were sold?

They go in for a bit of "rounding up" the Few, bless 'em. Never any rounding down, though. Or just giving it straight, ie it was 293, not "300."

Imagine them playing cricket, you could never trust their scorer.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Calling for the managers head. Surely not he’s got loads of Twitter followers . Strokers 

Well if they sack Joey I hope they appoint Warnock so I can finally dislike him and give you lot a rest from my continual fawning all over him and highlighting his phenomenally successful record - I may even lower myself to call him ‘Colin’ in that situation ... ???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mjd said:

I believe early on and we would lose to Cardiff and be used other way home so I say to him unlike gashed you must be gutted like your mob coming home ha ha 

Yes I think I post before reading it ,must been the excitement of winning and the beer .Should of said a gashead came on our forum saying we would lose to Cardiff and be  upset on the way home, so unlucky gashead, you and your mob are the gutted ones haha. 

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

The infrastructure has improved since he’s been there?!

Did he put a side wall on one of the awnings or something?

I think he was just doing his usual trick of using big words that he's just learned. 

Usually it's enough to baffle the fewers into believing he's not just a thick scouse thug. 

I don't think he actually knows what many of the words mean - he just likes showing that he knows them. 

• Like 1

Has Barton lost track of how many players he signed/got rid of?

I'm sure Bristol Live a few weeks ago, announced their 15th signing. So an extra 5, would take it to 20(not 18). Also transfermarket has 20 leaving, not 28. Is he thinking 8 will leave this week? That would probably have to include some of his signings from the summer.

Of the players leaving now, they are having to pay up contracts (Baldwin the latest example). No clubs are paying fees for their players. The Hanlan money from Wycombe just covered, the money the tribunal said they had to pay Gillingham. Their finances must be all over the place. Relegation would have hit them hard anyhow (Tv money, attendances etc).

Plus aren't the gas at the limit of their over 21 allowance( only 20 allowed)? I thought they were 3 over (according to BL), but Baldwin, and Hanlan have gone; so maybe only 1 over now.

What a mess. December 2019 they were 4th in League 1, when Coughlan left.That is one mighty drop in 20 months.

13 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Has Barton lost track of how many players he signed/got rid of?

I'm sure Bristol Live a few weeks ago, announced their 15th signing. So an extra 5, would take it to 20(not 18). Also transfermarket has 20 leaving, not 28. Is he thinking 8 will leave this week? That would probably have to include some of his signings from the summer.

Of the players leaving now, they are having to pay up contracts (Baldwin the latest example). No clubs are paying fees for their players. The Hanlan money from Wycombe just covered, the money the tribunal said they had to pay Gillingham. Their finances must be all over the place. Relegation would have hit them hard anyhow (Tv money, attendances etc).

Plus aren't the gas at the limit of their over 21 allowance( only 20 allowed)? I thought they were 3 over (according to BL), but Baldwin, and Hanlan have gone; so maybe only 1 over now.

What a mess. December 2019 they were 4th in League 1, when Coughlan left.That is one mighty drop in 20 months.

Hilarious, mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Barton;

“I’ve got my professional life at stake here because if I can’t get Bristol Rovers promoted out of this division, I’m not going to get the top jobs I want, I’m not going to get to work up the food chain for these big clubs, so I’ve got a lot invested.”

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Barton;

“I’ve got my professional life at stake here because if I can’t get Bristol Rovers promoted out of this division, I’m not going to get the top jobs I want, I’m not going to get to work up the food chain for these big clubs, so I’ve got a lot invested.”

The only big club he’s going to be in charge of is the one for breaking rocks at Her Majesty’s pleasure.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Barton;

In it for the long haul then. Either that or aiming to be the top man of D Wing.