IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Big thread over on their forum about the problems at the club and how it is being run badly.

One person (Wally) escapes criticism. For reasons I don't fully understand, they have never questioned why Wally never held a senior position in the family banking company or how he earned his wealth.... Yet the problems (as they see it) are with the manager and CEO.

Two positions Wally would have had a significant voice in appointing.

But it is unlikely, given that Wally has never held a senior role, he would have previously recruited people in lofty positions.

But apparently he IS a lovely bloke. With a nice watch.

What sort of watch has he got?

3 hours ago, adamski said:

Got to love this comment on Sag Chat, great demonstration of self awareness

Bristol Rovers are set to complete the signing of left-back Junior Brown on a free transfer. Brown is a versatile left-sided player who can play as a left-back, a wing-back or even as a winger further up the field.
The 32-year-old is vastly experienced, having endured spells in the EFL with the likes of Fleetwood Town, Scunthorpe United and Shrewsbury Town.
Brown, who was also on Coventry’s books, joined Scunthorpe last summer on a one-year deal, making 14 appearances in League Two for the Iron.

Fills ALL Rovers criteria on 3 fronts:
1 Fleetwood, 
2: Coventry 
3: Over 30. 

What a ******* joke we have become

Love how this describes him as having “endured” spells in the EFL with Fleetwood, Scunthorpe, Shrewsbury. Tell you what mate, if you think that was ‘endurance’, you ain’t seen nothing yet! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Big thread over on their forum about the problems at the club and how it is being run badly.

One person (Wally) escapes criticism. For reasons I don't fully understand, they have never questioned why Wally never held a senior position in the family banking company or how he earned his wealth.... Yet the problems (as they see it) are with the manager and CEO.

Two positions Wally would have had a significant voice in appointing.

But it is unlikely, given that Wally has never held a senior role, he would have previously recruited people in lofty positions.

But apparently he IS a lovely bloke. With a nice watch.

He's the Messiah 

33 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Sounds like a giant killing might be on the cards this evening.

And no surprise, if you disrespect the lower league sides like that by playing your youth team, they're gonna raise their game. 

A bit of a worry that Crawley (who they play on Saturday) got walloped 6-1 by Charlton tonight. We don`t want them winning two in a row or we`ll be looking over our shoulders again.

10 minutes ago, richyy66 said:
Hahahahhahhhahah

Large

Having seen him up close I reckon the one on the end is nearer 50 than 30.

Cotts bombed Leon Clarke out last season after scoring just once, another is described by a Blackpool fan as one of the worst to play for them & the last bloke (the 50 year old) got released by Scunthorpe after playing just 14 games in the season.

**** me.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Having seen him up close I reckon the one on the end is nearer 50 than 30.

Cotts bombed Leon Clarke out last season after scoring just once, another is described by a Blackpool fan as one of the worst to play for them & the last bloke (the 50 year old) got released by Scunthorpe after playing just 14 games in the season.

**** me.

DiCanio kicked him up the arse in 2011 for poor attitude on the pitch and a couple of years ago whilst at sheff Utd he was wearing gloves in September?