IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

Amazing really. Their fans were in the doldrums following their dismal form. They then beat Cheltenham's youth team and sign a few players at the tail-ends of their careers, and suddenly there's belief they're going to win the league!!

Twas ever thus. The knee-jerk reaction to a win over Cheltenham`s youth team is bewildering. It`s like us thinking we`re going down because we lost to FGR in the cup.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, archie andrews said:

Is he rovers though? 

I think that's very telling...!

He's happy to admit to all that he used to be a racist, sexist & homaphobic biggot - but he's way to embarrassed to tell anyone that he supports Bristol Rovers, incase it ruins their opinion of him..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

From Sagchat

'Last night's display should boost Sat's crowd by a few hundred.They won't bring many but with a rare positive display last night the Gas will hoping for a much needed three points'

What a few hundred more than last nights 750+ ?????? ?

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Beating Cheltenham's youth team will put numbers on the gate?

Meanwhile, 10 of our youth team/senior squad beat Hulls U23's 6-2, it was nice to watch, but I can't see it affecting the gate V Preston.

That sound you hear is them desperately clutching at straws.

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Beating Cheltenham's youth team will put numbers on the gate?

Meanwhile, 10 of our youth team/senior squad beat Hulls U23's 6-2, it was nice to watch, but I can't see it affecting the gate V Preston.

That sound you hear is them desperately clutching at straws.

What are you on about? By gas logic our under 23's result will mean we get an extra 10,000 for the game against Preston with 6,000,000 locked out 

• Like 1

There appears to be a distinct lack of birthday greetings on this thread to the manager who seems to be doing everything in his power to remove them from the football league

I just hope he appreciated my gift ....

Dq7T9eYV4AALq0c?format=jpg&name=900x900

This time next year he might have to bend over to receive his birthday gifts from fellow inmates (fingers crossed)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

There appears to be a distinct lack of birthday greetings on this thread to the manager who seems to be doing everything in his power to remove them from the football league

This time next year he might have to bend over to receive his birthday gifts from fellow inmates (fingers crossed)

Hopefully Ryan Giggs?

26 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Are the seven whippy things there to represent the points he`s collected since he joined them?

• Like 1

One thing that appears to have escaped notice is that Gloucester City decided not to offer Leon Clarke a contract this summer after he spent some time with them. They're currently 11th in National League North.

https://the72.co.uk/244837/gloucester-city-decide-not-to-sign-former-sheffield-united-striker-leon-clarke-after-shrewsbury-town-exit/

• Haha 2

On 01/09/2021 at 17:24, GrahamC said:

How do you even know who they are?

The bloke you mention (Barrett) could be stood next to me & I wouldn’t have a clue who he was.

23 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You’d recognise his helicopter ....

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

or his out of date dolly mixtures

I think you mean Bassett not Barrett @redsquirrel ... ??

35 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

One thing that appears to have escaped notice is that Gloucester City decided not to offer Leon Clarke a contract this summer after he spent some time with them. They're currently 11th in National League North.

https://the72.co.uk/244837/gloucester-city-decide-not-to-sign-former-sheffield-united-striker-leon-clarke-after-shrewsbury-town-exit/

It's really funny, but on slightly more serious note.... what is Joey doing? The signings seems to be getting increasingly bizarre, they are either complete unknowns or has beens. 

I can't comment on whether there is any rhyme or reason to the positions the players play, because I don't know who they are, I am convinced these are literally the only ones who said yes to him. 

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It's really funny, but on slightly more serious note.... what is Joey doing? The signings seems to be getting increasingly bizarre, they are either complete unknowns or has beens. 

I can't comment on whether there is any rhyme or reason to the positions the players play, because I don't know who they are, I am convinced these are literally the only ones who said yes to him. 

Dont tell em pike..... 

14 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Could be their divisional rivals next season. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I fear we may be disappointed today as Crawley are truly dreadful and the s*gs should win comfortably. They will then, of course, be coming for us again.

Mind you, if they did lose.......................................................

Crawley can hardly raise a team today as they have so many players out injured

Think the Sags will win this easy

Bloody hope not though 

• Like 1