IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

This thread has some double-top #GasLogic.

If you were buying a one-of-a-kind bit of art, how many examples of this work would you expect to see. The clue 'one of a kind'...

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/18511/signed-rickie-lambert-artwork

Come on lad, it doesn’t say “one of a kind”.

“We’ve got 100 of these one off Rickie Lambert pieces”

Meaning it’s a one time run of 100 pieces. Once they’re gone, they’re gone. It’s for charity. Give it a rest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seventeen said:

Come on lad, it doesn’t say “one of a kind”.

“We’ve got 100 of these one off Rickie Lambert pieces”

Meaning it’s a one time run of 100 pieces. Once they’re gone, they’re gone. It’s for charity. Give it a rest.

What does the seventeen in your username mean?

17 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We left it late and had 67% possession and took over a 1000 today 

Was talking to a Swindon fan at Gloucester city last week, a mate of Gerrys, he said there is a real feel good factor at Swindon since that weasel Power left. Away support is up and fans are enjoying their football again.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Was talking to a Swindon fan at Gloucester city last week, a mate of Gerrys, he said there is a real feel good factor at Swindon since that weasel Power left. Away support is up and fans are enjoying their football again.

It's like the club has been reborn again since Clem took over and the feel good factor Is definitely back.

We're never going to have your support home or away but over a thousand yesterday at Stevenage, nine hundred at Scunthorpe and eight hundred at Salford is pretty good going considering none of them were local.

3 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It's like the club has been reborn again since Clem took over and the feel good factor Is definitely back.

We're never going to have your support home or away but over a thousand yesterday at Stevenage, nine hundred at Scunthorpe and eight hundred at Salford is pretty good going considering none of them were local.

Never ceases to amaze me some of the support that clubs get in L1 & L2 for away games......fair play on those 3 away turn outs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

That's why I was surprised Rovers took less than 300 to Barrow considering most of their loyal bunch wouldn't have been there before 

Didn't surprise me....they big up their "massive away support" but we all know its just another fantasy in their tiny minds. "bang average away support" is a better description.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I would say thats fantastic away support seeing as you just got relegated as is the home support. Been quite surprised myself but then you have a decent catchment area. Are you looking to relocate too or refurb your stadium? 

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I would say thats fantastic away support seeing as you just got relegated as is the home support. Been quite surprised myself but then you have a decent catchment area. Are you looking to relocate too or refurb your stadium? 

We tried to relocate 20 years ago up by junction 16 but at the last hurdle the council opposed as they found great crested newts on the land. A couple of years later the young announced they were building a couple of thousand homes!! All sites in and around Swindon have been developed so I can't see that there's anywhere to build a new stadium as Junction 15 has the GWH hospital plus new houses and all along the A419 is built up or allocated for another 8000 homes.

There are plans to redevelop the County ground with the new owner once he's sorted out Powers mess but it won't happen overnight. Ideally it would be great to turn the stadium around 90 degrees but the cricket ground is the problem as the pavilion has heritage protection so we may have been to build a new Townend and redevelop the Stratton bank and put a roof on it.

2 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We tried to relocate 20 years ago up by junction 16 but at the last hurdle the council opposed as they found great crested newts on the land. A couple of years later the young announced they were building a couple of thousand homes!! All sites in and around Swindon have been developed so I can't see that there's anywhere to build a new stadium as Junction 15 has the GWH hospital plus new houses and all along the A419 is built up or allocated for another 8000 homes.

There are plans to redevelop the County ground with the new owner once he's sorted out Powers mess but it won't happen overnight. Ideally it would be great to turn the stadium around 90 degrees but the cricket ground is the problem as the pavilion has heritage protection so we may have been to build a new Townend and redevelop the Stratton bank and put a roof on it.

You could start off by just putting a new light bulb in the away end toilet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

There always seems to be a lot of potential brownfield area near the "back route" into the Outlet Centre, I would have thought it would be possible to find something there? If you're council is anything like BCC, they will be looking at the County Ground as a great spot for development. Do you own it these days?

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There always seems to be a lot of potential brownfield area near the "back route" into the Outlet Centre, I would have thought it would be possible to find something there? If you're council is anything like BCC, they will be looking at the County Ground as a great spot for development. Do you own it these days?

There was an agreement for the STFC trust to purchase 50% with Power buying the other half so I'm assuming that the new owner will carry that on. There is a covenant on the land saying that it has to be used for sporting purposes only so it can't be developed for houses etc.

The problem we seem to have with brownfield sites is the locals always complain about the potential traffic it would create.

• Like 1

Just now, Shaun Taylor said:

There was an agreement for the STFC trust to purchase 50% with Power buying the other half so I'm assuming that the new owner will carry that on. There is a covenant on the land saying that it has to be used for sporting purposes only so it can't be developed for houses etc.

The problem we seem to have with brownfield sites is the locals always complain about the potential traffic it would create.

Shame about that covenant, but I guess that makes it easier in some ways, it has to be development where you are. I never feel there is much of a "footprint" outside of the confines of the ground to develop into though.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Shame about that covenant, but I guess that makes it easier in some ways, it has to be development where you are. I never feel there is much of a "footprint" outside of the confines of the ground to develop into though.

You're right there's not really anywhere else within the current footprint to develop.

Swindon is now heavily populated on the North side with thousands of new homes & families etc which many won't be aware of so there's maybe potential off the A419 near Cricklade but it would be a few miles away from the Town centre.

• Like 1