IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

31 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Apologies 42nite just honest football chat with decent posters 

Did i hear right that it’s your best start to a season for 15 years ( crazy after everything leading up to it)

Also what happened between your fans and the stewards yesterday?

Edited by Wiltshire robin

Just now, Wiltshire robin said:

Did. I hear right that it’s your best start to a season for 15 years ( crazy after everything leading up to it)

Also what happened between your fans and the stewards yesterday?

I'm not sure if it's our best start for 15 years but Garner has certainly got them playing well and we've recruited nungary young players who want to win and not just after a final pay day.

The stewards seem to start the trouble with one in particular saying don't mess with the Taliban and attempting to throw some punches at fans which upset some of our idiots who then retaliated. The steward was then dragged away by his buddies and a few things were broken and thrown onto the pitch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We tried to relocate 20 years ago up by junction 16 but at the last hurdle the council opposed as they found great crested newts on the land. A couple of years later the young announced they were building a couple of thousand homes!! All sites in and around Swindon have been developed so I can't see that there's anywhere to build a new stadium as Junction 15 has the GWH hospital plus new houses and all along the A419 is built up or allocated for another 8000 homes.

There are plans to redevelop the County ground with the new owner once he's sorted out Powers mess but it won't happen overnight. Ideally it would be great to turn the stadium around 90 degrees but the cricket ground is the problem as the pavilion has heritage protection so we may have been to build a new Townend and redevelop the Stratton bank and put a roof on it.

If there’s a listed pavilion in the way of development in Bristol it would usually be burnt down in mysterious circumstances.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, harrys said:

If there’s a listed pavilion in the way of development in Bristol it would usually be burnt down in mysterious circumstances.

That was unfair blaming you guys without any proof but they should be thankful as they wouldn't playing in the state of the art stadium today if it hadn't burnt down!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Apologies 42nite just honest football chat with decent posters 

But you do realise this thread is primarily to enjoy our neighbours up the roads demise?

If you want to join in then fine, but if you wish to come on a Bristol City forum and keep us informed about the latest goings on at STFC then why not start a thread just for this purpose?  Then anybody remotely interested in your club will be able to join in with you.  Leaving the dustbin thread for those of us to enjoy without having to read about the latest goings on around your magic roundabout. 

Just a suggestion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 42nite said:

But you do realise this thread is primarily to enjoy our neighbours up the roads demise?

If you want to join in then fine, but if you wish to come on a Bristol City forum and keep us informed about the latest goings on at STFC then why not start a thread just for this purpose?  Then anybody remotely interested in your club will be able to join in with you.  Leaving the dustbin thread for those of us to enjoy without having to read about the latest goings on around your magic roundabout. 

Just a suggestion.

Most of the time regarding Swindon I'm replying to questions that I've been asked but point taken and no worries I'll stick to the thread topic.

9 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Most of the time regarding Swindon I'm replying to questions that I've been asked but point taken and no worries I'll stick to the thread topic.

take no notice of others i quite like your updates,got to be honest never really liked swindon but for some reason this year with ben garner i want you to do well.not sure why ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, big dosser said:

take no notice of others i quite like your updates,got to be honest never really liked swindon but for some reason this year with ben garner i want you to do well.not sure why ?

Cheers Buddy and here's hoping Ben Garner proves the other lot wrong and had a successful managerial career starting with us.

Ive been posting on here since 2016 so definitely not here to wind anybody up. Love the humour, Mickey taking sense of humour and love to join in where appropriate

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Cheers Buddy and here's hoping Ben Garner proves the other lot wrong and had a successful managerial career starting with us.

Ive been posting on here since 2016 so definitely not here to wind anybody up. Love the humour, Mickey taking sense of humour and love to join in where appropriate

Always thought you were a decent poster

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just popped over to their forum to see if they were coming for us again.

Nope.

The only effort of note was a newly registered poster being called 'I smell shit' within 3 posts of starting a thread introducing himself, and a moderator locking a thread about how they could make the place better because they now know how to ignore each other.

Classic fewer behaviour.

It's absolutely no surprise they can't attract new fans and their support is dropping.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

What gets me is they're all old men don't they have any younger supporters 

I see a few of them around and about but they are close to extinct. As I was driving around town the other day my son saw a youngun in a Tesco bag and shouted out “I’m Neymaaaaaarr”. Poor fewer boy looked confused as **** but I pissed myself. I love my son

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Seven years ago to this very day:

Braintree Town 2 Bristol Rovers 0

The travelling Gash fans took the humiliating defeat with their usual grace and good humour as I recall…

...and the predominant chant from the home fans that day? “We know what we are, we know what we are, a pub team from Essex, we know what we are...” - now that is high class comedy from a footballing point of view - the 10,000 Gas fans who undoubtedly attended that day would have obviously been livid at some locals putting them firmly in their place ...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...and the predominant chant from the home fans that day? “We know what we are, we know what we are, a pub team from Essex, we know what we are...” - now that is high class comedy from a footballing point of view - the 10,000 Gas fans who undoubtedly attended that day would have obviously been livid at some locals putting them firmly in their place ...

And the Rovers fans’ riposte?

“We know what we are, we know what we are - a pub team from Wessex, we know what we are” (probably…)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:
But, but, but.. loyal and true?

8DAB3669-20F3-43C5-AFFB-F48E5D9ED1DF.png

The absolute beauty that is contained in those few words...! 

The mighty Bristol Rovers see a goalless draw with Barrow, a Pappa John's Pizza trophy win against a Cheltenham 2nd string side, and a  somewhat fortunate 1-0 home win Vs a Crawley team that look destined for a relegation struggle, as turning the corner...! 

• Haha 2