IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Ah, we just knew the 'massive fan base' would come into it. 'Loyal and true' can't be used anymore as they don't bother to turn up.

Swindon are getting much better crowds than the swamp dwellers, play in a much tidier ground (although the away end is a disgrace), a better manager and have a new owner trying to do things correctly.

'Massive' my arse! 

"We just have to tolerate their nonsense -

They will lend players to any club especially in our league bar us - Whatever "

One of 'em whining we wont loan them any players. He's obviously forgotten it was Wally Bazoom from the bank who put a stop to inter club transfers.

Knobs.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

One of 'em whining we wont loan them any players. He's obviously forgotten it was Wally Bazoom from the bank who put a stop to inter club transfers.

Knobs.

It's all worth noting that this one supporter is basically begging that the Fewers become a feeder club for us.

56 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Knobs.

Nice ‘Game On’ reference there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Knobs.

Probably more likely that none of our players want to play for that shower.

Edited by Super

5 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

The Gas vs Swindon...? | Bristol Rovers GasChat Forum

Absolute state of that first post :rofl2br:

It starts off with a lot of hot air then quickly fizzles out once there is no real interest amongst their gang.

Im obviously bias but we have a potential bigger fanbase and have much more history than them and surprise surprise they aren't on our radar as a big rival and ask any Swindon fan they would take Bristol City as the game they want to see again irrespective what league you are in.

As for ground potential/development they've had their opportunity over the last few years and what's happened.........nothing! 

I think we're leave them to continue their big Derby with Newport County

P.S No mention that we done the double over them last season!

Edited by Shaun Taylor

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's all worth noting that this one supporter is basically begging that the Fewers become a feeder club for us.

They couldn't afford the wages of our youth team, let alone our young professionals.

Nothing to gain for us in sending them any of our blossoming youth, nothing whatsoever.

10 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Why are they so obsessed with having a 20k stadium?

They haven't averaged close to 10k since the 70s and haven't averaged 20k since the 50s.

Absolute melters. 

I had a conversation with one of the blue few some time ago at work about this. After listening to them pontificating about how amazing their new stadium was going to be (I think it was the UWE one, but there have been so many attempts, it's hard to recall precisely), I replied that there is absolutely no point spending probably several million pounds (which they haven't got anyway) on 8,000 to 10,000 extra seats that they are extremely unlikely to ever use consistently for some time (by which, I meant decades). The only time they would ever need more is pulling one of 15 or so teams in the country at home in one of the cups. It's largely never going to pay for itself. They'd be far better off looking at the whole conferencing/exhibition route, if they did have the bunce to do it.

Expecting the typical rage and oral foaming, rather unbelievably, the bloke, I'll call him Graham, as that was his name, then completely agreed with me. I suspect, if he ever bothers to look at their joke of a forum is regarded as one of da shit as a result.

4 minutes ago, awbb said:

I'll call him Graham, as that was his name, then completely agreed with me.

Ahh one of the (very very very few!) more sensible ones.

Most of them seem to think Ray Liotta was talking about them in Field of Dreams. Trouble for the 15ers is they can't build it and nobody would come if they did.

• Haha 2

a good friend of mine sadly is gas but does have a sense of humour, said to him last week do you watch the big match revisited on itv4.i said how old and tatty grounds look and the state of the pitches and kits in 1975

to which he replied

i dont need to watch itv 4. i see it live every f///king home game

did make me chuckle love him

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Knobs.

Why the **** would we send young players to a convicted criminal, among other reasons(?)

41 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Why are they so obsessed with having a 20k stadium?

They haven't averaged close to 10k since the 70s and haven't averaged 20k since the 50s.

Absolute melters. 

Some fans forget how long this is.

They haven’t averaged 10k for 50 years.

They haven’t averaged 20k for 70 years.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Why the **** would we send young players to a convicted criminal, among other reasons(?)

Imagine one of our youngsters at their interview if they signed for that shower? 'Yeah, great training facilities, great fan base' while trying to keep a straight face after leaving the HPC and Ashton gate with 20K+ crowds for the swamp, 6K and their social club?

Edited by Ska Junkie

It's a well written rant, but you, me, anybody knows what actually happened. Pure rumour and speculation. In the mean time, he's actually putting a good squad together and getting some decent performances and results together.

Getting some decent performances and results together? I'd argue the only decent performance so far was the first half against crisis club Oldham and the game against Cheltenham's reserve/youths in the tin pot trophy. Other than that we got outplayed by Mansfield with barely a chance created, outplayed and lost vs Stevenage at home, lost the game conceding 4 goals in 25 minutes vs Exeter and couldn't beat a team who finished 21st in League Two last season despite having a man advantage for over an hour.

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:
It's a well written rant, but you, me, anybody knows what actually happened. Pure rumour and speculation. In the mean time, he's actually putting a good squad together and getting some decent performances and results together.

Getting some decent performances and results together? I'd argue the only decent performance so far was the first half against crisis club Oldham and the game against Cheltenham's reserve/youths in the tin pot trophy. Other than that we got outplayed by Mansfield with barely a chance created, outplayed and lost vs Stevenage at home, lost the game conceding 4 goals in 25 minutes vs Exeter and couldn't beat a team who finished 21st in League Two last season despite having a man advantage for over an hour.

But apart from that it's looking quite positive... ?

• Haha 1

On 08/09/2021 at 09:38, BCFC11 said:

The Gas vs Swindon...? | Bristol Rovers GasChat Forum

Absolute state of that first post :rofl2br:

Marvellous! Fresh from getting battered by Exeter, scraping a draw with the mighty Barrow and struggling to an undeserved win against Crawley , this chump is still trumpeting the championship potential nonsense. Quite what potential he believes a club with one of the worst stadiums in the league, average to mediocre support and an owner who stumbles from one disastrous manager to another has to achieve championship status is beyond my comprehension. Currently closer to non  league again than the championship. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Sorry if this has been posted before (I haven’t the time to wade through the thread and check) but I just found this piece of vintage footage from 1981 at Eastville…

”Bristol Rovers are already relegated” - nothing much changes does it!

”Even Bristol Rovers managed a shot on goal after that.” ?

That poxy hovel they called a ground.

And the “good-natured pitch invasion” at the end - cleared with alsatians and police horses.

My, my - they have come a long way since then haven’t they…

• Haha 1