IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Joey Barton has had enough btw. Watch his post match. His body language is totally shot to pieces, head down and constantly shrugging his shoulders. Think he knows the mess he’s in now 

Best bit is he slandered Tisdale but, right now, he”s making Tisdale look like Pep ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TomF said:

The natives are getting restless, lots of Barton out on social media.  Let’s hope Wael sticks to his appointment. He’s doing a grand job 

I have previously mentioned my deep admiration for the job Ben garner did there. I thought his "win" record would never be "bettered" for the red 75% of Bristol. Joey has done just that so far though!

Obviously it is hard to "like" Joey; essentialy he is a nauseating thug, but he is gaining some begrudging admiriation from me for the job he is doing.  Bettering Garner (from our point of view) while sigining a lorry load of northern has beens, and spoon feeding the dribbling masses at the mem soundbites like "promotion gauranateed" - it's almost too good to be true thus far! ??

Their current plight is almost enough for me to wish he is not detained at her majesty's pleasu...

Scratch that! I hope he gets locked up, but lets enjoy it while it lasts.

If carlsberg did seasons... it would have him locked up and their team self-imploding into non league oblivion come early May.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

While the wife took my daughter to a birthday party today, I decided to take my lad out for a bite to eat. I took him to a pub that does great food and he calls it his favourite cafe. 

Unfortunately a group of rowdy Mansfield fans were using it as a pre match boozer before their game against Walsall.

There wasn't any trouble but they were singing the usual footy songs and bantering with a few Walsall fans in the same pub 

I was annoyed and my 9 year old son wasn't massively impressed.

Then I cant my mind back to certain match on May 3rd 2014 where Sir Colin Daniel scored the only goal of the game.

Like that moment when your puppy takes a piss and a shit on your carpet but then looks at you with those beautiful puppy dog eyes, I looked at the Mansfield Town fans who'd spoiled some quality father / son time and I thought to myself "Nah, I can't stay angry at you for long"

???

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

While the wife took my daughter to a birthday party today, I decided to take my lad out for a bite to eat. I took him to a pub that does great food and he calls it his favourite cafe. 

Unfortunately a group of rowdy Mansfield fans were using it as a pre match boozer before their game against Walsall.

There wasn't any trouble but they were singing the usual footy songs and bantering with a few Walsall fans in the same pub 

I was annoyed and my 9 year old son wasn't massively impressed.

Then I cant my mind back to certain match on May 3rd 2014 where Sir Colin Daniel scored the only goal of the game.

Like that moment when your puppy takes a piss and a shit on your carpet but then looks at you with those beautiful puppy dog eyes, I looked at the Mansfield Town fans who'd spoiled some quality father / son time and I thought to myself "Nah, I can't stay angry at you for long"

???

Agreed - as long as they weren’t wearing Rovers away shirts, because then I’d’ve been shielding my son’s eyes and chucking broken crockery at them… ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

The state of West Country football at the moment!

Bristol City > Plymouth Argyle > Cheltenham Town > FGR > Swindon Town  > Exeter City > Bristol Rovers

Shame Torquay just missed out on promotion last season as there's every chance that they'd be above Rovers too.

Surely Bath City are too given they beat them in FA Trophy Rd1 last time the two clubs met…

My favourite bit of justifying the defeat was the one that said Hartlepool had won 17 of their last 19 home games, conveniently forgetting to mention they have been non league for the past 4 years, so have only actually played 3 league teams in that time.

How low do they want to set that bar? We’ve played teams with their own goalposts & who managed to have the full set of substitutes, so no wonder we struggle.

Pitiful outfit, just fold.

31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

My favourite bit of justifying the defeat was the one that said Hartlepool had won 17 of their last 19 home games, conveniently forgetting to mention they have been non league for the past 4 years, so have only actually played 3 league teams in that time.

How low do they want to set that bar? We’ve played teams with their own goalposts & who managed to have the full set of substitutes, so no wonder we struggle.

Pitiful outfit, just fold.

Just when you think they have enough whoppers already, along comes another one. Pitiful.

51 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Oh Jesus Christ. 

7 points from 7 games. They’re 21st in the very bottom professional league. And what is the bloke talking about in his post defeat interview… yep, you’ve guessed it…

Promotion. 

Remarkable. 

Yes but to quote one of them yesterday "if we won we'd be one point outside the play offs"

I see that he has stopped his customary "We will definitely get promoted 100% mantra" after a defeat.

He really is the Donald Trump of League 2; believing in his greatness; above and beyond all others.

So far their two league wins, have been both narrow 1-0 home wins against arguably two of the worse teams in the league; and even those results could have easily gone the other way.

Wait until they play the likes of Forest Green, Harrogate, Orient, Rochdale, Bradford etc. They are really going to struggle.

They won't go down of course. There are teams in L2 that are even more of a car crash (Oldham springs to mind). But Barton is completely deluded if he thinks that they are going up.

And then What?

Replace 15 players, with another 15 players??? You're not going to build a team employing 36 & 37 year olds on 1 year contracts are you? It's just all really bizarre in the extreme.

• Like 1

New post on their forum called "our supporters are becoming a laughing stock" from one of their better posters I will admit.

But surely they are already a laughing stock? I mean we jest about Sir Colin Daniel who sent them into non league but didn't they invite Dean Windass to some sort of event? They are a league 2 club with a national south Division stadium, the whole boycotting Sainsbury's because of the mem thing honestly the list could go on.

3 minutes ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

New post on their forum called "our supporters are becoming a laughing stock" from one of their better posters I will admit.

But surely they are already a laughing stock? I mean we jest about Sir Colin Daniel who sent them into non league but didn't they invite Dean Windass to some sort of event? They are a league 2 club with a national south Division stadium, the whole boycotting Sainsbury's because of the mem thing honestly the list could go on.

Are you sure it's a new post.Could be years old?

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

And it takes about six posts to descend into an `I`m a bigger fan than you` bitchfest. Hilarious.

A new poster has also started a Barton out thread and within about five posts our old friend Henbury S*g has accused him of being a gurt sheed.

It has now been pointed out to him by others that this is unlikely as the last thing City fans want is Barton sacked!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Robin 1

23 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And it takes about six posts to descend into an `I`m a bigger fan than you` bitchfest. Hilarious.

A new poster has also started a Barton out thread and within about five posts our old friend Henbury S*g has accused him of being a gurt sheed.

It has now been pointed out to him by others that this is unlikely as the last thing City fans want is Barton sacked!

Absolutely and as it stands the current Rovers manager has  appointnents in court for not one but two charges of violence.

Not to make light of alleged violence against his wife which if true, is just beyond the pale but the reputational damage could be disastrous. Entirely self-inflicted too, they took on someone with 2 prior convictions for violence as manager. 

Just a huge stain on the city of Bristol whichever way you look at it. 

1 hour ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

and the funniest thing about that thread is that the OP is praising the team for only conceding 1 at Hartlepool! Imagine how far you have to fall and lower your expectations to consider that losing 1-0 at Hartlepool, just returned from Non-League, is a good result.

No offence to Hartlepool intended of course. Obviously it was their cup-final to have the privilege of even playing such a massive and famous club as Bristol Rovers and they must have raised their game faced with the overwhelming atmosphere generated by the 300-odd away supporters!

I just don't get the sense of entitlement their supporters have. They seem to think they are somehow "special". I think most City fans wouldn't think we're anything special, just an under achieving team, from a big city with reasonably loyal supporters, which has achieved the square root of f. all in 120 odd years. And for the vast majority of that time they've played second fiddle to City. So I can kind of understand the bitterness but not the 'us supporters deserve so much better" thing. 

• Like 2