IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

and the funniest thing about that thread is that the OP is praising the team for only conceding 1 at Hartlepool! Imagine how far you have to fall and lower your expectations to consider that losing 1-0 at Hartlepool, just returned from Non-League, is a good result.

No offence to Hartlepool intended of course. Obviously it was their cup-final to have the privilege of even playing such a massive and famous club as Bristol Rovers and they must have raised their game faced with the overwhelming atmosphere generated by the 300-odd away supporters!

I just don't get the sense of entitlement their supporters have. They seem to think they are somehow "special". I think most City fans wouldn't think we're anything special, just an under achieving team, from a big city with reasonably loyal supporters, which has achieved the square root of f. all in 120 odd years. And for the vast majority of that time they've played second fiddle to City. So I can kind of understand the bitterness but not the 'us supporters deserve so much better" thing. 

But, but they took three times as many as the stadium actually holds to Wembly.............................................................

2 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

No offence to Hartlepool intended of course. Obviously it was their cup-final to have the privilege of even playing such a massive and famous club as Bristol Rovers and they must have raised their game faced with the overwhelming atmosphere generated by the 300-odd away supporters!

Bit of an exaggeration saying that all 300 are odd ?

250 maybe?

• Haha 2

southbristolgas
Reserve Team

southbristolgas Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 398 posts
yesterday at 8:27am via mobile  
Post Options

Post by southbristolgas on yesterday at 8:27am

Anyone know how many gas at Hartlepool?

bodies
Youth Team

http://storage.proboards.com/5848383/a/c6fIyvbPPO3AI60KH0Wl.gif

Posting Level

Next Level in 59 posts
yesterday at 8:42am Antonio Fargas and southbristolgas like this
Post Options

Post by bodies on yesterday at 8:42am

southbristolgas Avatar

rememberhalifax
Club Legend

http://storage.proboards.com/5848383/a/c6fIyvbPPO3AI60KH0Wl.gif

Posting Level

Next Level in 739 posts
23 hours ago dmacca65 and Big Jock like this
Post Options

Post by rememberhalifax on 23 hours ago

Good stuff mate ,glad you enjoyed the day and found plenty of positives in the game and in the 'away' experience in general, well done to you and the other 340 folk for making the effort.

This is how it starts! If this thread rolls on for another couple of pages, expect their support at Hartlepool to edge over the thousand mark!

• Haha 10

29 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:
southbristolgas
Reserve Team

southbristolgas Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 398 posts
yesterday at 8:27am via mobile  
Post Options

Post by southbristolgas on yesterday at 8:27am

bodies
Youth Team

Posting Level

Next Level in 59 posts
yesterday at 8:42am Antonio Fargas and southbristolgas like this
Post Options

Post by bodies on yesterday at 8:42am

southbristolgas Avatar

rememberhalifax
Club Legend

Posting Level

Next Level in 739 posts
23 hours ago dmacca65 and Big Jock like this
Post Options

Post by rememberhalifax on 23 hours ago

Good stuff mate ,glad you enjoyed the day and found plenty of positives in the game and in the 'away' experience in general, well done to you and the other 340 folk for making the effort.

This is how it starts! If this thread rolls on for another couple of pages, expect their support at Hartlepool to edge over the thousand mark!

Presumably he is including the 26 members of the squad and the coaching staff? :) 

It is not the responsibility for the Barton out gang to come up with a decent replacement. It ain't our job. We as fans can only comment and debate about them. I am not keen on Sol Campbell either but I would take him in a heartbeat over JB. I actually think taking Brian Tinnion and Scott Murray as a team to sort us out would do better than JB and be less divisive too than JB. Ok, ok, I went too far there but that is how low down I rate JB's managerial ability and chances to turn things around.

• Haha 18

A couple of interesting events from Companies House.

Dwane Developments UK - the one Hani stepped down from leaving Wael as sole director has been dissolved by compulsory strike off which takes effect tomorrow.

The reason isn't stated but it looks like failure to file a Confirmation statement.

This was a dormant company which looked like it would br used to develop The Colony's additional land; it only had £1 sitting on it so no big deal.

image.png.8467076688baa5e2c3043cafafb8a03d.png

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11253528

Far more interestingly however:

Rovers have the same corporate structure as most football clubs, including us, with a holidng company (BRFC 1883 in their case) owning separately the football club (BRFC) and the ground (the Memorial Stadium co.).  Plus they had three tiny companies - Filton something - that were there for the sale of the ground and move to UWE which didn't happen.

Now amazingly there is a first notice of compulsory strike off against the Memorial Stadium Company:

image.png.6997f68224543a1e59ac8f48293d041d.png

For failing to file accounts:

image.png.14862509717c2f66403bd4e51fcc9448.png

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03536554/filing-history

And this is no dormant company.  It owns the ground, fully depreciated so showing as zero in the accounts, and £900k of assets.

If it's dissolved then all of that goes to the Crown though the charge upon the Ground may affect that.

image.png.27e2fa09371db64db2d078d435680e41.png

There was ten weeks between first notice and compulsory sign-off for Dwane Developments so this should be similar.

All they need to do to stop that is file the accounts.  How hard can it be?

Though the clock is now ticking and the shambolic nature of the Rovers' back office team continues to astound me as they have been repeatedly fined for late filing of accounts.

Maybe they will be sufficiently incompetent that the ground does to the Crown.  Maybe the Crown will then sell it to Sainsbury's.

Bunch of clowns.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Dwane Developments UK - the one Hani stepped down from leaving Wael as sole director has been dissolved by compulsory strike off which takes effect tomorrow.

The reason isn't stated but it looks like failure to file a Confirmation statement.

This was a dormant company which looked like it would br used to develop The Colony's additional land; it only had £1 sitting on it so no big deal.

Rovers have the same corporate structure as most football clubs, including us, with a holidng company (BRFC 1883 in their case) owning separately the football club (BRFC) and the ground (the Memorial Stadium co.).  Plus they had three tiny companies - Filton something - that were there for the sale of the ground and move to UWE which didn't happen.

Now amazingly there is a first notice of compulsory strike off against the Memorial Stadium Company:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03536554/filing-history

And this is no dormant company.  It owns the ground, fully depreciated so showing as zero in the accounts, and £900k of assets.

If it's dissolved then all of that goes to the Crown though the charge upon the Ground may affect that.

There was ten weeks between first notice and compulsory sign-off for Dwane Developments so this should be similar.

Though the clock is now ticking and the shambolic nature of the Rovers' back office team continues to astound me as they have been repeatedly fined for late filing of accounts.

Maybe they will be sufficiently incompetent that the ground does to the Crown.  Maybe the Crown will then sell it to Sainsbury's.

Bunch of clowns.

That is quite staggeringly incompetent. Is their back office now made up entirely of unpaid interns or something?

Mind you the last thing HMQ needs is to have Joey Barton on her payroll. She's got enough legal trouble with Andrew as it is. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Bunch of clowns.

I`m guessing stuff like this is a real red flag to any potential investors? Like any prospective partner in a  proposal to develop say, a fruit market?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Bunch of clowns.

My wife (the Company Secretarial Administrator) says that there are no charges against the ground anymore, all charges are currently satisfied? 

There is an interesting note in the Bristol Rovers 1883 and Dwane Sports files that suggest that the £15m loan that has been put into the club has accrued £2.1m in interest so far.

Edited by Port Said Red

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

My wife (the Company Secretarial Administrator) says that there are no charges against the ground anymore, all charges are currently satisfied? 

There is an interesting note in the Bristol Rovers 1883 and Dwane Sports files that suggest that the £15m loan that has been put into the club has accrued £2.1m in interest so far.

Only interesting if the interest is being claimed. Which they said they weren't doing.

But does that interest mean they can't spend as much?

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The £10m fixed charge in favour of Dwane Sports set up on takeover in 2017 is live and is the only remaining charge upon the ground.

She may be looking at the land registry title which, unsurpisingly, Dwane Sports may not have bothered to update.  To be fair that's a faff as I used to have to do some of those.

image.png.573d95439b08f63304c77733b0edce5c.png

image.png.f90da93e7534435796e544c97b070563.png

image.png.46a0ed7450918559a72a3dc811f62f5e.png

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04501223/charges/wSc2Sf8fS_sfvZmboWRkEEkZX6Q

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Only interesting if the interest is being claimed. Which they said they weren't doing.

But does that interest mean they can't spend as much?

True, but it would still be owed in theory if he were able to sell up. One way of walking away with something out of the whole thing. Just going through their operating losses and the changes in the last year makes grim reading. He would need to be the billionaire that the Gasheads thought he was to maintain those kind of losses. His family are not going to be very forgiving if he loses all his daddy's inheritance in this venture.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

It is not the responsibility for the Barton out gang to come up with a decent replacement. It ain't our job. We as fans can only comment and debate about them. I am not keen on Sol Campbell either but I would take him in a heartbeat over JB. I actually think taking Brian Tinnion and Scott Murray as a team to sort us out would do better than JB and be less divisive too than JB. Ok, ok, I went too far there but that is how low down I rate JB's managerial ability and chances to turn things around.

In their dreams. Pretty sure Scott would hand-wash shit stains out of underwear for free than take a job with that lot! 

As for Tins, yeah he'd probably give Scott a hand...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It owns the ground, fully depreciated so showing as zero in the accounts, and £900k of assets.

Which breaks down as follows:

£899,000 on a giant electronic score board.

£1000 - 3 plastic chairs, a wooden and plastic cover over the disabled by supporters viewing area, a TV with Freeview to watch babe station, a plastic cover over the restaurant entrance, 2 pitch side sprinklers and a new carpet.

• Thanks 1

T he fat twerp that reports on the sags in the BP has nailed his colours to the mast of HMS Piss the league

when asked on their q&a ,did he regret his choice of job, he replied

Certainly not. I love my job and I am very lucky to cover such a huge club and fanbase.

It would make me very happy to see Rovers do well.

If anything, I'm sorry, because my time covering Rovers – so far – has been cursed! I hope that changes fast.

How can he spout that garbage with a straight face ?  :grr:

• Haha 4