IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

T he fat twerp that reports on the sags in the BP has nailed his colours to the mast of HMS Piss the league

when asked on their q&a ,did he regret his choice of job, he replied

Certainly not. I love my job and I am very lucky to cover such a huge club and fanbase.

It would make me very happy to see Rovers do well.

If anything, I'm sorry, because my time covering Rovers – so far – has been cursed! I hope that changes fast.

How can he spout that garbage with a straight face ?  :grr:

Do they have some kind of 'delusion' jab on their way into the swamp or something? Injection | Contraception Choices

As one of their own said on their own forum yesterday, they've spent most of the last 10 years in League 2 so are an average league 2 club. 

'Huge club and fan base'? Where? 6,000 is NOT huge. Huge clubs take that number across Europe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

T he fat twerp that reports on the sags in the BP has nailed his colours to the mast of HMS Piss the league

Certainly not. I love my job and I am very lucky to cover such a huge club and fanbase.

If anything, I'm sorry, because my time covering Rovers – so far – has been cursed! I hope that changes fast.

"Fat twerp"! ?

Love it Slarti...?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

A couple of interesting events from Companies House.

Dwane Developments UK - the one Hani stepped down from leaving Wael as sole director has been dissolved by compulsory strike off which takes effect tomorrow.

The reason isn't stated but it looks like failure to file a Confirmation statement.

This was a dormant company which looked like it would br used to develop The Colony's additional land; it only had £1 sitting on it so no big deal.

image.png.8467076688baa5e2c3043cafafb8a03d.png

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11253528

Far more interestingly however:

Rovers have the same corporate structure as most football clubs, including us, with a holidng company (BRFC 1883 in their case) owning separately the football club (BRFC) and the ground (the Memorial Stadium co.).  Plus they had three tiny companies - Filton something - that were there for the sale of the ground and move to UWE which didn't happen.

Now amazingly there is a first notice of compulsory strike off against the Memorial Stadium Company:

image.png.6997f68224543a1e59ac8f48293d041d.png

For failing to file accounts:

image.png.14862509717c2f66403bd4e51fcc9448.png

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03536554/filing-history

And this is no dormant company.  It owns the ground, fully depreciated so showing as zero in the accounts, and £900k of assets.

If it's dissolved then all of that goes to the Crown though the charge upon the Ground may affect that.

image.png.27e2fa09371db64db2d078d435680e41.png

There was ten weeks between first notice and compulsory sign-off for Dwane Developments so this should be similar.

All they need to do to stop that is file the accounts.  How hard can it be?

Though the clock is now ticking and the shambolic nature of the Rovers' back office team continues to astound me as they have been repeatedly fined for late filing of accounts.

Maybe they will be sufficiently incompetent that the ground does to the Crown.  Maybe the Crown will then sell it to Sainsbury's.

Bunch of clowns.

So much fuss over absolutely nothing. This company is a dormant subsidiary of Bristol Rovers (1883) Ltd (where the trading activities are found). It looks like the strike off notice is due to a failure to file 2019 accounts yet. It's not the first time they've had a strike off notice. Probably down to their auditors, who appear to be a bunch of non-entities in in Yeovil with the hipster name of The M*ll. They used to be audited by the much larger Grant Thornton; funnily enough, these notices didn't happen on their watch. To be honest, the sensible thing for them to do would be to write off the intergroup balances and dissolve the company themselves.”

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

So much fuss over absolutely nothing. This company is a dormant subsidiary of Bristol Rovers (1883) Ltd (where the trading activities are found). It looks like the strike off notice is due to a failure to file 2019 accounts yet. It's not the first time they've had a strike off notice. Probably down to their auditors, who appear to be a bunch of non-entities in in Yeovil with the hipster name of The M*ll. They used to be audited by the much larger Grant Thornton; funnily enough, these notices didn't happen on their watch. To be honest, the sensible thing for them to do would be to write off the intergroup balances and dissolve the company themselves.”

Yes I've seen the postings on the gas threads where they seem wholly unable to differentiate between a dormant company being allowed to be struck off and a first notice of same for the company that owns their ground.

I think I temporarily lost about ten IQ points reading through it.

this-is-fine-icegif-1.gif

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

HMS Piss the league !!

?

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes I've seen the postings on the gas threads where they seem wholly unable to differentiate between a dormant company being allowed to be struck off and a first notice of same for the company that owns their ground.

I think I temporarily lost about ten IQ points reading through it.

this-is-fine-icegif-1.gif

It no longer owns the ground. Look at the balance sheer you linked. Is there a figure in there for land of buildings? No. It did when it was formed in 1998, but ownership of the ground was transferred to Bristol Rovers (1883) Ltd in 2004. Maybe if you learned how to read a set of accounts it might help.”

12 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

It no longer owns the ground. Look at the balance sheer you linked. Is there a figure in there for land of buildings? No. It did when it was formed in 1998, but ownership of the ground was transferred to Bristol Rovers (1883) Ltd in 2004. Maybe if you learned how to read a set of accounts it might help.”

See Note 5, tangible fixed assets, of the 1883 accounts 2020.

Carrying values:

Company (1883) fixed assets: nil 

Group fixed assets: £3.4m.

Where and what is that £3.4m then? As it doesn't sit within 1883.

And if the ground does sit within the 1883 company, as you claim, then why has it no value; given that nobody depreciates freehold land?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Carrying values:

And if the ground does sit within the 1883 company, as you claim, then why has it no value; given that nobody depreciates freehold land?

Doesn't everything belong to Dwayne sports ? The training ground was purchased in DS's name and the Ground is as far as I know. It is listed in a meeting with Friends of the Memorial Ground Group , as owners. This was when they (DS) were going to build a 20,000 all seater stadium. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Carrying values:

“You may have stumbled on a rather more fundamental problem, in that if I go back to 2019, I can't get the consolidated fixed asset land and buildings figure from the three separate balance sheets of the companies making up the 1883 group. Taking the land and buildings cost figures, the 1883 company balance sheet shows £3,224,562, Memorial nil, and BRFC (the third company in the group) £1,142,473, which comes to £4,367, 035, a difference of £2,192,029. I have no idea how or why that difference arises. The carrying value is a bit of a red herring - it just means the related assets are fully depreciated. What's also unclear is if they actually own the freehold on the ground.

On further inspection, there's a £20,000 figure in the BRFC accounts for "shares in group undertakings". Sadly, the identity of that company is not disclosed. I need to do some more digging

It's pretty clear (to me anyway) that the company with the strike off order is dormant, and someone has simply forgotten to file the accounts.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

14 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Explains why he writes such embarrassing rubbish though.

Another one who has drunk the “massive club” “best fans” “35000 locked out” Kool Aid.

Absolute state of it, do enjoy your trips to Sutton & Harrogate.

They’re slowly dying, their aged fan base is dwindling & they are becoming less relevant in this city every year.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Doesn't everything belong to Dwayne sports ? The training ground was purchased in DS's name and the Ground is as far as I know. It is listed in a meeting with Friends of the Memorial Ground Group , as owners. This was when they (DS) were going to build a 20,000 all seater stadium. 

22 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

“You may have stumbled on a rather more fundamental problem, in that if I go back to 2019, I can't get the consolidated fixed asset land and buildings figure from the three separate balance sheets of the companies making up the 1883 group. Taking the land and buildings cost figures, the 1883 company balance sheet shows £3,224,562, Memorial nil, and BRFC (the third company in the group) £1,142,473, which comes to £4,367, 035, a difference of £2,192,029. I have no idea how or why that difference arises. The carrying value is a bit of a red herring - it just means the related assets are fully depreciated. What's also unclear is if they actually own the freehold on the ground.

On further inspection, there's a £20,000 figure in the BRFC accounts for "shares in group undertakings". Sadly, the identity of that company is not disclosed. I need to do some more digging

It's pretty clear (to me anyway) that the company with the strike off order is dormant, and someone has simply forgotten to file the accounts.

That's all very interesting; forensic accounting required.

I will also do some digging when on a proper computer this evening.

The position of minority shareholders would be compromised if the ground had been simply hoiked out as opposed to sold at fair value (not carrying value) for starters.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

That's what I thought. What happens to the £10M charge Dwayne sports (Dormant) hold over the mem then? 

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Spotted this beauty elsewhere. Anyone know who…..and why?

ED261B46-0A74-4DD6-B407-28E585AF3298.png

One for my generation - my strange initial thought (don't ask me why) was Adam & the Ants and looking at the lyrics it seems particularly apt. Just a pity that nappies are not included 

Don't you ever, don't you ever
Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome

Prince Charming
Prince Charming
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of
Lower yourself, forgetting all your standards