IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Stick and carrot handed out at the same time.

Going by the last few managers, shelf life, surely he wont see september out now.

You think? I wonder what kind of contract he is on and the cost of sacking him.

The gamble is sacking him now with all the associated costs of replacing him, or hoping that the position is recoverable by the time he gets sent down for one of his many crimes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The gamble is sacking him now with all the associated costs of replacing him, or hoping that the position is recoverable by the time he gets sent down for one of his many crimes.

It's got to be that hasn't it?

Several hundred k in compensation to sack him now or zero when he returns to his regular holiday home at Her Majesty's Pleasure.

They're not exactly awash with cash so Wael is going to wait and let the new manager have that money to spend in the January window rather than giving it to Norman Stanley to buy more snout.

Of course he could be found innocent of both charges; and then he would have to be sacked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

The loyal & true few, demonstrating why they are the worlds best supporters and putting other clubs to shame, as usual. 

The ovation afforded to JB at such a difficult time is to be applauded. 

It's unfortunate that within ear shot, if you listen carefully, you can just about pick up the audio of someone who's just seen Matty Taylor in attendance in the Blackthorn end..! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

46 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It's got to be that hasn't it?

Several hundred k in compensation to sack him now or zero when he returns to his regular holiday home at Her Majesty's Pleasure.

They're not exactly awash with cash so Wael is going to wait and let the new manager have that money to spend in the January window rather than giving it to Norman Stanley to buy more snout.

Of course he could be found innocent of both charges; and then he would have to be sacked.

Since Clarke left in 2019, including Caretakers, they have had 8 managers ;

Graham Coughlan Dec 2018 - Dec 2019
Joe Dunne (Caretaker)
Kevin Maher (Caretaker)
Ben Garner.  Dec 2019 - Nov 2020
Tommy Widdrington (Caretaker)
Paul Tisdale. Nov 2020-Feb 21
Joey Barton

That could mean, if they haven't paid them up, that they could have 3 managers on the wage bill before they sack Barton. 
They've also let him sign about 15 players (?), so can they afford to think about a change ? 
I would expect him to get some time to turn it around, which could see them adrift, but I just don't see how they can afford to start again. Barton wouldn't have come without some security, his contract is until 2023 so how many will they end up paying for? 
Coughlan was on a 2 1/2 year deal so that one is probably up.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Since Clarke left in 2019, including Caretakers, they have had 8 managers ;

Graham Coughlan Dec 2018 - Dec 2019
Joe Dunne (Caretaker)
Kevin Maher (Caretaker)
Ben Garner.  Dec 2019 - Nov 2020
Paul Tisdale. Nov 2020-Feb 21
Joey Barton

That could mean, if they haven't paid them up, that they could have 3 managers on the wage bill before they sack Barton. 
They've also let him sign about 15 players (?), so can they afford to think about a change ? 
I would expect him to get some time to turn it around, which could see them adrift, but I just don't see how they can afford to start again. Barton wouldn't have come without some security, his contract is until 2023 so how many will they end up paying for? 
Coughlan was on a 2 1/2 year deal so that one is probably up.

They must have come to a settlement with Garner, I’m pretty sure you can’t manage again until outstanding compensation is sorted. Tisdale is probably the only one, as they gave him a two and a half year deal but sacked him after 19 games..

I think there are 2 possibilities as to why the fake Sheikh hasn’t sacked him, as others have said, he is waiting to see if the courts do the job for him (saving him the compensation) or he’s scared of him.

That second one is no joke, some of Barton’s hangers on are seriously unpleasant, if you don’t believe me, Google Joey Barton & Andrew Taylor..

• Like 1

Roll up! Roll up! Come see the latest hilarious excuse for shite attendances. The 2,000 odd at Tokyo World don’t you know. Poor, poor victims to circumstance yet again.

mftc
First Team
about an hour ago

In the scheme of things, this is no buggy, but we all know when the balloon fiesta is on City don't play home games.

Tokyo World may only be 2,000 attendance but if affects traffic and I am sure I saw one Rovers shirt apparently decide to follow the girls and go there instead of the game. He may have been wearing the shirt to go to the festival but seems a strange thing to wear. My guess he was persuaded by seeing more attractive sights than Pittman. 

I wouldn't have been surprised if quite a few decided to go to the festival rather than the game.

Would a more professional sic club have looked to change fixtures and played away? I seem to remember Peterborough changing the ko time/ date when we played them for a similar or perhaps even smaller festival.

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, GreedyHarry said:

Roll up! Roll up! Come see the latest hilarious excuse for shite attendances. The 2,000 odd at Tokyo World don’t you know. Poor, poor victims to circumstance yet again.

mftc
First Team
about an hour ago

In the scheme of things, this is no buggy, but we all know when the balloon fiesta is on City don't play home games.

Tokyo World may only be 2,000 attendance but if affects traffic and I am sure I saw one Rovers shirt apparently decide to follow the girls and go there instead of the game. He may have been wearing the shirt to go to the festival but seems a strange thing to wear. My guess he was persuaded by seeing more attractive sights than Pittman. 

I wouldn't have been surprised if quite a few decided to go to the festival rather than the game.

Would a more professional sic club have looked to change fixtures and played away? I seem to remember Peterborough changing the ko time/ date when we played them for a similar or perhaps even smaller festival.

Desperate stuff ?..... I can almost hear the wheels coming off robboreds minibus....

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They must have come to a settlement with Garner, I’m pretty sure you can’t manage again until outstanding compensation is sorted. Tisdale is probably the only one, as they gave him a two and a half year deal but sacked him after 19 games..

I think there are 2 possibilities as to why the fake Sheikh hasn’t sacked him, as others have said, he is waiting to see if the courts do the job for him (saving him the compensation) or he’s scared of him.

That second one is no joke, some of Barton’s hangers on are seriously unpleasant, if you don’t believe me, Google Joey Barton & Andrew Taylor..

Rovers won’t sack him , firstly because they can’t afford to and secondly if found guilty of either court case then I’m sure rovers would look to sack with no compensation due. Secondly Barton isn’t going to walk, he must know if he’s found guilty of either offence he’s unlikely to get another management job in this country, plus he’s likely to have relatively large legal bills. 

18 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

mftc
First Team
about an hour ago

Under normal circumstances that would be one of the most RIDICULOUS things I’ve ever read...however, as this is Bristol Rovers we’re talking about, I can imagine some fat old piss stinking letch deciding to stalk some young girls instead of continuing his trek to the Mem. 
How ‘loyal’ ?

They’ll think of any old shit excuse to try and hide the fact their support is rubbish.

Utterly pathetic.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

mftc
First Team
about an hour ago

Capacity is far in excess of 2,000.

Not like a Fewer to get attendance numbers wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Meet some Everton fans on my travels and they said his family were rough as xxxx

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, what the belter is saying is, that absolutely nothing should happen in the Greater Bristol area when the fewers are playing. All the shops should be closed, all events cancelled and the roads cleared by the police to allow them through.

They`d still only get 6k.

Perhaps their new stadium should be in Kabul? Job’s a good’un..