IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Is there a video of the crowds reaction at the end of the game? I would love to hear the boos and jeers (assuming there were enough of them to make any noise).

A second spell of non-league football being managed from a prison cell looks certainly on the cards.

Go back a bit on this thread and you’ll find one

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I’ll just leave this here.

ECF99EDF-5807-4DA7-AC6B-469D2BAC0F56.jpeg

So a decision taken during the 2nd world war was their biggest mistake? One that they have had nearly 80 years to rectify? I  am sure there must have been several occasions when the Greyhound Company would have wanted to sell it back to them, if they had someone with the wherewithal to fund it.

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

I’ll just leave this here.

ECF99EDF-5807-4DA7-AC6B-469D2BAC0F56.jpeg

Only a factor of x10 out (unlike them!!) on the capacity, given their latest hopeless showing at the weekend....and moving up the leagues and into Europe, they say....I must've dreamt that slide into National League obscurity beaten by a team wearing their own kit, having celebrated beating Wycombe the week before, and I can't really remember their surge up the leagues either. They're so thick, they probably don't even have passports.......any excuse for not travelling.

43 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Is there a video of the crowds reaction at the end of the game? I would love to hear the boos and jeers (assuming there were enough of them to make any noise).

A second spell of non-league football being managed from a prison cell looks certainly on the cards.

https://twitter.com/swanseagas/status/1439257391065931782/video/1

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So a decision taken during the 2nd world war was their biggest mistake? One that they have had nearly 80 years to rectify? I  am sure there must have been several occasions when the Greyhound Company would have wanted to sell it back to them, if they had someone with the wherewithal to fund it.

Yes

so that’s a bit like us saying if the Hun hadn’t bombed our grandstand in WW2, Ashton Gate would have. 200 k capacity by now!!

• Like 1