1 hour ago, TheReds said:
baggins
Forum Legend

baggins Avatar

Posting Level

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:41pm via mobile Squiffy likes this
Post Options

Post by baggins on Sep 17, 2021 at 1:41pm

1,100 sold out of the 1,200 allocation. Assuming we’ll get more ?

Always amazed at our away travel support. No matter what League position, form, Manager, we always go with a good crew.

250-300 to Barrow and Hartlepool.

Before Covid, when they were putting their away support figures on Slagchat, they were regularly taking 300-350 to places like Rochdale, Scunthorpe, Burton and Gillingham...and not much more to places like Shrewsbury and MK Dons.

I don’t know why this Sag is so amazed by that?

Walsall is about an hour up the road FFS ?

Our fans don’t spank the monkey every time we sell out an allocation for a game that close to Bristol.

Still...it’s what they do.

• Flames 1

35 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

250-300 to Barrow and Hartlepool.

Before Covid, when they were putting their away support figures on Slagchat, they were regularly taking 300-350 to places like Rochdale, Scunthorpe, Burton and Gillingham...and not much more to places like Shrewsbury and MK Dons.

I don’t know why this Sag is so amazed by that?

Walsall is about an hour up the road FFS ?

Our fans don’t spank the monkey every time we sell out an allocation for a game that close to Bristol.

Still...it’s what they do.

TBF they are getting close to taking the same away as they get at home, not many teams can say that ?

• Haha 4

I thought this was interesting in the statement made. To the best of my knowledge none of the current Board, apart from the President and his brother, own any shares and none of them live in the Bristol area 

Does the brother still have shares? If not in the football club, perhaps Dwayne Sports or the company owning the Colony. Thought I read somewhere he still had a part involvement.

“Panic on the streets of Horfield

Panic in the tents of Blackthorn End

I Wonder To Myself

Will we ever win a game again

I wonder to myself

Joeys given someone a slap dear

And row M doesn’t exist here 

So you run down below Swindon Town

But there’s panic outside the Wellington

Lost to Barrow, Burton, Orient

But Waels such a nice gent

Burn down the Twerton

Smack the coach from Barnsley

Because the Fanta they’re serving today

It shows just how bad things are in my life 

Smack the coach from Barnsley

Punch the Horses

Punch the Horses 

Punch the Horses”

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 4

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

:icecream: Just another level of incompetence ;

No electronic subs board for the Gas .Billy Smart’s at the Mem .

Story from the post site.

No electronic board in Bristol

It’s now seemingly commonplace to have a digital subs board even in the lower tiers of non-league football, but for whatever reason, one was absent from the game on Saturday.

At first, it wasn’t noticeable as no subs needed to be made in the opening 45 minutes, and due to the scuffle between the two teams at the end of the first half, no one really paid any attention to how many minutes were added on until it was announced over the PA system.

Harvey Saunders introduction for the start of the second half then made it clear that a substitution board was nowhere to be seen and due to it being from the start of the half no Rovers player ran over to the touchline.

And due to the lack of clarification, completely incorrect information was passed onto stadium announcer Lance Cook who unnecessarily took the brunt of an error that was out of his control.

It became apparent soon that the fourth official was actually holding up his fingers as a way of communication which player was coming off, understandably causing some confusion on the terraces.

3 hours ago, ukneil said:

I do personally think Wally desperately wanted to be the owner of a (any) football club but agree that the reason his family agreed to buy this one was the property deal. If that had gone right (anyone forensicaly reconstructing that chain of events might conclude it was always doomed) then family investment is a winner and Wally is the hero lapping up the fan adulation of a club then probably on the rise (relatively speaking).

Deal falls through, family gets out, Wally is left to himself to restore his own business pride in what has become more and more (and nothing more) than a vanity project. Except in spite of, or probably more accurately because of Wally's leadership things keep getting worse making the club and anyone connected to it, especially its owner and President, a complete laughing stock. Hence behaviours such as a tweet throwing your stadium announcer under the bus after your club was unable to provide any means to clearly indicate substitutions and time added on. You know,  unlike all other professional football clubs in the Football Pyramid were able to do.

Perhaps we should all chip in to make some cards to help them out. I'll start by doing the number 1.

If we can do it on A3 please, make sure the number fills most of the page, and then laminate it - that way they can use them a few times without them getting crumpled, or too dirty.

I would say donate one or two of our old electronic boards, but they probably wouldn't have enough spare change for the meter to plug them in to charge them up.

An Evening of Queen – The Memorial Ground, Bristol

Hi there,

This event has been postponed...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that the show on Wednesday 25th September has been postponed and will no longer be taking place on this date.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know.

Please understand that given the circumstances, our Customer Service teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, we will send out any further information as soon as we can

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Best Wishes,

Bristol Rovers Customer Service

They are really the gift that just keeps on giving.

A Queen tribute band which was unscrupulously  promoted as the real Queen now postponed with only days to go .  Tinpot doesn’t even begin to cover this shambles.

• Haha 1

I have already explained elsewhere that the £50,000 demanded of the Supporters Club towards the training ground was in fact set aside by the Committee for facilities for fans and that the equipment we suggested to then Chairman Steve Hamer would remain the property of the Supporters Club so that it could be reused.

The money belongs to the Supporters Club because it is the entire proceeds from the enforced sale of the former SC shop and offices in Kingswood.

£50,000 for the sale of the club shop?

Sounds like someone got a bargain there!

41 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Hi there,

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that the show on Wednesday 25th September has been postponed and will no longer be taking place on this date.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know.

Please understand that given the circumstances, our Customer Service teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, we will send out any further information as soon as we can

Best Wishes,

A Queen tribute band which was unscrupulously  promoted as the real Queen now postponed with only days to go .  Tinpot doesn’t even begin to cover this shambles.

And don't even think of asking for your money back............as a smack in the mouth often offends !

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, bs3 said:

Hi there,

Best Wishes,

Another One Bites The Dust…

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, bs3 said:

Hi there,

Best Wishes,

Definitely a club under pressure.

11 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Imagine the uproar if they were only given 700 tickets like they've given Swindon?

I feel like they'd have been ok with it. Would've been another sold out away game and provided them a reason to spout how they would've travelled in their thousands if only they were granted the allocation.