IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, bs3 said:

An Evening of Queen – The Memorial Ground, Bristol

Hi there,

This event has been postponed...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that the show on Wednesday 25th September has been postponed and will no longer be taking place on this date.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know.

Please understand that given the circumstances, our Customer Service teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, we will send out any further information as soon as we can

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Best Wishes,

Bristol Rovers Customer Service

They are really the gift that just keeps on giving.

A Queen tribute band which was unscrupulously  promoted as the real Queen now postponed with only days to go .  Tinpot doesn’t even begin to cover this shambles.

I believe The Fake Sheikh was hoping to join in a karaoke version of 'We Are The Champions' but when told it could only be 'Hammer To Fall' he took umbrage & pulled the plug.

18 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

They want a bigger stadium than yours and have aspirations to appoint our ex manager from 1990?

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/18604/ossie-ardiles

As someone later points out, because it's so obviously a troll post:

"Guaranteed to add another 20 pages on OTIB"

But I bet he wasn't expecting it to be because of a post from OTIB's resident arse-licking Swindon fan.  Your posts on here are the cringiest, most bumlicking posts I've ever seen on any football forum ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Simster said:

As someone later points out, because it's so obviously a troll post:

"Guaranteed to add another 20 pages on OTIB"

But I bet he wasn't expecting it to be because of a post from OTIB's resident arse-licking Swindon fan.  Your posts on here are the cringiest, most bumlicking posts I've ever seen on any football forum ever.

Last time it was a Gas fan pretending to support Portsmouth, this time it’s Brighton.  I know it’s embarrassing to admit but really(?)

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Last time it was a Gas fan pretending to support Portsmouth, this time it’s Brighton.  I know it’s embarrassing to admit but really(?)

Ha!  Laying my cards on the table, seriously I am a passing Brighton fan and I regularly log into forums of clubs around the league.  I just like football and reading what other football fans think - that's all.  As for Bristol, I quite like both Bristol clubs if I'm honest.  I do feel sorry for Rovers though (in a way I wouldn't expect you to, for obvious reasons) - they've had ground problems ever since I was a teenager and I'm 50 on Saturday - although they don't exactly help themselves when they hire violent cretins like Joey Barton.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

I like Shaun Taylor posts. I like the fact he can come on here and discuss with us stuff.

Which is very different from gaschat where you get banned instantly if you don't agree with that the party line in.

Not really.  He generally comes on here, derides Rovers (which obviously gets lapped up) and throws in titbits about how wonderful his own club's support is (usually by throwing in more arse-licking comments about how nevertheless it isn't a patch on City's support, of course).  He's a boring, arse-licking bell-end.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 2

4 minutes ago, Simster said:

Not really.  He generally comes on here, derides Rovers (which obviously gets lapped up) and throws in titbits about how wonderful his own club's support is (usually by throwing in more arse-licking comments about how nevertheless it isn't a patch on City's support, of course).  He's a boring, arse-licking bell-end.

And you're an unwelcome, equally arse-licking ("I quite like both Bristol clubs if I'm honest") knob....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 3

6 minutes ago, Simster said:

Not really.  He generally comes on here, derides Rovers

I know this is hard to believe, but many Swindon fans despise Rovers as well.

I know, crazy huh?

As for support numbers thing, Gasheads have only got themselves to blame for that I’m afraid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Simster said:

We have several Swindle fans that come on here and I don't think we have much issue with them. There has never been a great rivalry between us, despite some of their players apparently trying to create one. But for some reason there has always been a lot of aggro between them and the Gas, so you might be able to see why @Shaun Taylor likes posting in this thread.

Personally I have found his take on the demise of Lee Power and how the club are making a recovery quite interesting. I would have thought a Brighton fan with your not to distant history would do too.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ask Bristol Rugby fans if they have sympathy for Rovers stadium problems after the way they lost their spiritual home to the Gas.

Don't you mean 'stolen'?

Who'd have thought a clause could be inserted without the knowledge or veto of club members or the remainder of the Board that effectively and shortly thereafter gave the once tenant the right to purchase the asset for a nominal coin? The clause inserted by a director who shortly thereafter cut ties with the club.

The Gas deserve to rot.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

It's hilarious that a Brighton fan is on here moaning that a Swindon fan is posting here. ?

At least he doesn't at every opportunity try to big up his own club (on a sag piss taking thread).

If people want to know more about Swindon that much....start a thread why don't you?

Edited by 42nite

2 hours ago, Simster said:

Ha!  Laying my cards on the table, seriously I am a passing Brighton fan and I regularly log into forums of clubs around the league.  I just like football and reading what other football fans think - that's all.  As for Bristol, I quite like both Bristol clubs if I'm honest.  I do feel sorry for Rovers though (in a way I wouldn't expect you to, for obvious reasons) - they've had ground problems ever since I was a teenager and I'm 50 on Saturday - although they don't exactly help themselves when they hire violent cretins like Joey Barton.

Bullshit you are. And if you are (and not the ‘sad Gas head Bas tard’ that I think you are) then knowing someone’s posting history and tearing into them behind a keyboard and on a site that has nothing to do with you or  your team is equally as sad tbh! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 42nite said:

At least he doesn't at every opportunity try to big up his own club (on a sag piss taking thread).

If people want to know more about Swindon that much....start a thread why don't you?

I'll tell you one thing, if City were currently 4th in the Premier League, I wouldn't be posting on a mid table Championship side's forum. Especially if it was to moan that a League Two fan was posting abuse about another League Two club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simster said:

Used to like Brighton but seem to have a bit of a complex about them, which us only natural I suppose given your last several seasons. I remember reading your forum and you lot were slating our away attendance of 1400 (2500 in gas currency) for our last game of the season when you got promoted. Im pretty sure your average in your promotion season was on a hundred or so more than that. Funny what we remember eh. I dont mind other clubs fans coming on here......we won't ban you thats for sure.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I know this is hard to believe, but many Swindon fans despise Rovers as well.

I know, crazy huh?

As for support numbers thing, Gasheads have only got themselves to blame for that I’m afraid.

I seem to recall a group of Swindon fans being subjected to a pretty vicious assault from a bunch of warm and fuzzy Family Club Gastards a few years back.

1 hour ago, Super said:

"A third foot injury in the squad has prompted Bristol Rovers to investigate the training pitches at The Quarters. Mark Hughes is the latest player to suffer problems, missing Saturday's defeat to Leyton Orient with a sore Achilles. He follows Anssi Jaakkola (Achilles) and Josh Grant (plantar fascia) in picking up wear and tear in his foot since the training ground opened 11 months ago. Both Jaakkola and Grant have had long-running ailments.:clap:

(Six fingers and now three feet?)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

There are obvious reasons why we have no sympathy for Rovers stadium issues but they probably run deeper than you think.

Rovers tried (and failed) to hammer the final nail in our coffin in 1982 by acquiring our stadium. Also, objecting to the potential financial help offered from the Local Authorities was a nice touch.

Ask Bristol Rugby fans if they have sympathy for Rovers stadium problems after the way they lost their spiritual home to the Gas.

Rovers refused to support a bid for Bristol to become a World Cup venue if England had won the right to host the tournament in 2018? A bid that would’ve greatly helped our own new stadium plans at Ashton Vale.

Their fans were already busy trying to sabotage these plans by setting up petitions against the new stadium for various bullshit reasons.

This is all just for balance, not that I would expect you to have an opinion on any of it. Personally I think they’ve now got the ground and manager their club and fans deserve. ?

Thanks for the explanation - very interesting as an outside observer.

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

It's hilarious that a Brighton fan is on here moaning that a Swindon fan is posting here. ?

I'm not actually doing that, fella.  I'm "moaning" that one particular Swindon fan does nothing but post on this thread in the most cringeworthy, embarrassing arse-licking manner you could imagine.

44 minutes ago, lenred said:

Bullshit you are. And if you are (and not the ‘sad Gas head Bas tard’ that I think you are) then knowing someone’s posting history and tearing into them behind a keyboard and on a site that has nothing to do with you or  your team is equally as sad tbh! 

I only know his posting history on this thread, because I have been a lurker here for some time.  A quick check on my posting history on NSC would clear it up for you - I'm as Brighton as you are Bristol City.  

36 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Used to like Brighton but seem to have a bit of a complex about them, which us only natural I suppose given your last several seasons. I remember reading your forum and you lot were slating our away attendance of 1400 (2500 in gas currency) for our last game of the season when you got promoted. Im pretty sure your average in your promotion season was on a hundred or so more than that. Funny what we remember eh. I dont mind other clubs fans coming on here......we won't ban you thats for sure.....

Careful you don't say you also used to like Crystal Palace as well!  Sir Leigh of Somerset might cry:

2 hours ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

And you're an unwelcome, equally arse-licking ("I quite like both Bristol clubs if I'm honest") knob....

Seriously, pissing your knickers over that?   What an embarrassing cock you are.