IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, Simster said:

I'm not actually doing that, fella.  I'm "moaning" that one particular Swindon fan does nothing but post on this thread in the most cringeworthy, embarrassing arse-licking manner you could imagine.

But why do you care?

If a Rotherham (random team) fan was on a Brighton forum kissing arse by slagging off Crystal Palace, I really wouldn't care. ?

3 hours ago, Simster said:

As someone later points out, because it's so obviously a troll post:

"Guaranteed to add another 20 pages on OTIB"

But I bet he wasn't expecting it to be because of a post from OTIB's resident arse-licking Swindon fan.  Your posts on here are the cringiest, most bumlicking posts I've ever seen on any football forum ever.

Somebody's tired

Imagine coming on another's clubs forum to moan about a 3rd club

Are you sure your not that gas poster who went on man city's forum to try and tell them how bad out club was only to be laughed off the forum 

Edited by Monkeh
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Simster said:

Thanks for the explanation - very interesting as an outside observer.

No problem.

Like I say, I wouldn’t expect it to change your opinion of the Gas as an outsider but I felt it was worth pointing out that it goes deeper than just playing in the same City.
It would be hypocritical of me if I didn’t mention that our fans haven’t been angels in the past with an arson attack late one night in the early 90s...probably got the idea from Rovers themselves who allegedly set fire to their own main stand at Eastville about 7 years earlier. I don’t recall any occasion where City the club have tried to cause financial or stadium issues with Rovers.

People from outside often remark that the most sensible thing for football in Bristol would be to build a big, modern stadium in the centre of the City for both teams to share. 

I couldn’t see it working myself...?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

But why do you care?

If a Rotherham (random team) fan was on a Brighton forum kissing arse by slagging off Crystal Palace, I really wouldn't care. ?

I don't actually care, it was just an observation.  i.e. that I'd never seen such cringeworthy arse-licking on any football forum anywhere.  ?  I'm genuinely quite surprised this observation had such an impact tbh!  Anyway, I'll let you get back to taking the piss out of your cross city rivals.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Somebody's tired

Imagine coming on another's clubs forum to moan about a 3rd club

Are you sure your not that gas poster who went on man city's forum to try and tell them how bad out club was only to be laughed off the forum 

I am quite tired, to be fair.  Blame my youngest's sleep issues!  That's why I can't be arsed to do any work, or even talk or read about what a class act our new left back Marc Cucurella is or what a good job Potter is doing, so I ended up on here (after a quick chuckle at OwlsTalk).

Your final sentence made me chuckle though - I can imagine that happening.  Although, are you actually sure it wasn't Shaun Taylor moaning about how bad Rovers are?

Edited by Simster

25 minutes ago, Simster said:

Seriously, pissing your knickers over that?   What an embarrassing cock you are.

Good to see that irony isn't lost on our Southern cousins ?.

To be fair to you, I was obviously too subtle in my response.

What I meant to say was;

"I really dislike Brighton & Hore Albion football club and  its fans so why don't you f..k off back to your own crappy little forum"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Good to see that irony isn't lost on our Southern cousins ?.

To be fair to you, I was obviously too subtle in my response.

What I meant to say was;

"I really dislike Brighton & Hore Albion football club and  its fans so why don't you f..k off back to your own crappy little forum"

I think I'd respect you more for saying that than your original post where you accused me of being an arse licker for saying I like both Bristol clubs, when anyone with a brain could see that if I really was arse licking I'd have said I much preferred the red half or some such drivel.  Anyway, by way of an olive branch, I'll leave it there.  Nothing crappy or little about NSC, by the way.

So moving on, perhaps you could answer a question for me:  my sister moved to Brislington a year ago.  Is this historically City or Rovers territory?

3 minutes ago, Simster said:

I think I'd respect you more for saying that than your original post where you accused me of being an arse licker for saying I like both Bristol clubs, when anyone with a brain could see that if I really was arse licking I'd have said I much preferred the red half or some such drivel.  Anyway, by way of an olive branch, I'll leave it there.  Nothing crappy or little about NSC, by the way.

So moving on, perhaps you could answer a question for me:  my sister moved to Brislington a year ago.  Is this historically City or Rovers territory?

Everywhere is a City area these days, but historically yes Brislington would have always been City.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Simster said:

I only know his posting history on this thread, because I have been a lurker here for some time.  A quick check on my posting history on NSC would clear it up for you - I'm as Brighton as you are Bristol City.  

It would be very simple for you to copy someone’s username to cover your tracks.  But if you are Brighton you haven’t answered why you are so bent out of shape about a league 2 fan having a go about a league 2 rival on a Championship forum.  Very odd behaviour if you aren’t :gasmask:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Simster said:

Brislington has always been massively red, don’t think there is anywhere in Bristol these days which is majority blue unlike the old days, might be wrong though

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

It would be very simple for you to copy someone’s username to cover your tracks.  But if you are Brighton you haven’t answered why you are so bent out of shape about a league 2 fan having a go about a league 2 rival on a Championship forum.  Very odd behaviour if you aren’t :gasmask:

As I said a couple of posts ago, I'm really not bent out of shape, it was merely an observation.

34 minutes ago, Simster said:

the red half

Red four fifths mate ?

34 minutes ago, Simster said:

City.

Rovers only remaining strongholds in Bristol are Cadbury Heath and..umm..

that’s it. Maybe Lockleaze?

Reasonable numbers of Gas in Henbury, Patchway, Horfield and Fishponds but they don’t outnumber City fans who also live in those areas. Bristol used to be divided by the River in terms of football but that’s largely gone in the last few decades with more and more City fans in North Bristol.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Simster said:

As I said a couple of posts ago, I'm really not bent out of shape, it was merely an observation.

Hi Simster, the thing about a gashead going on to the Manchester City forum is indeed true, the night we took 1000's to the Etihad and told them 'their city was red' and social media reported that '£750M can buy you success but not support like Bristol city' etc. The saggies were apoplectic and went straight onto the Man city forum, looking for love, only to be made to look very stupid by the home support.

An honest question, is there any historical issue between Brighton and Swindon? I know they have some strange mutual hatred thing with Gillingham which is very odd.

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Red four fifths mate ?

City.

Reasonable numbers of Gas in Henbury, Patchway, Horfield and Fishponds but they don’t outnumber City fans who also live in those areas. Bristol used to be divided by the River in terms of football but that’s largely gone in the last few decades with more and more City fans in North Bristol.

Above a certain age, I would agree (I live in Barrs, up the road) but the vast majority of under 25's in this part of the city are wearing our red, especially those of school age. I rarely see their rag on anyone under 50 nowadays.

The lamb is possibly their last bastion TBH and there are reds that drink in there, some post on here. 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I see I'm getting abit of stick off the Brighton fan (water of a ducks back?)

Im here here for a bit of banter, humour and some decent conversation about Football in general and if that means a little Mickey tacking about the Gas so be as go on their forum they've given STFC enough over the years even they've got nothing to be proud of but if you think that's Arse licking of course you're entitled to your opinion.

For the record I do have connections with the City of Bristol and have some decent older friends who guess what support Bristol City! Yes I'm a Swindon Town fan and always will be but you will find in life decent people can get along with anybody no matter ho they support if you treat them nicely.

Maybe give it a try and watch your friends list grow?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Hi Simster, the thing about a gashead going on to the Manchester City forum is indeed true, the night we took 1000's to the Etihad and told them 'their city was red' and social media reported that '£750M can buy you success but not support like Bristol city' etc. The saggies were apoplectic and went straight onto the Man city forum, looking for love, only to be made to look very stupid by the home support.

An honest question, is there any historical issue between Brighton and Swindon? I know they have some strange mutual hatred thing with Gillingham which is very odd.

Hello SJ,

First of all, that is a hilarious tale and exactly the sort of arse-licking I'm railing against, even if I was probably a bit harsh and it did seem odd me interjecting on a Championship forum about two league 2 teams.

Brighton and Swindon - hmmm.  Well we don't really like each other for sure, but it's nothing like Gillingham and Swindon.  To be fair, that is more from the Gillingham side going back to their play-off with Swindon in 1987 or something (a bit like Colchester and Wycombe) although I suspect there was a bit of needle before that.   As I understand it, Swindon are a bit more ambivalent towards Gillingham as they do have proper rivals of their own whereas Gillingham are like Bournemouth - fans who hang around like a bad smell desperate to be disliked because nobody cares about them. 

Back to Swindon and BHA, we don't like them much but Swindon dislike us more than we dislike them.  This goes back to our glorious 2003/4 promotion season when we absolutely robbed them* before going on to beat you in Cardiff in a game that was tighter than a gnats chuff.  

* we didn't rob them at all.  They were the better side in both games, but what irritated them was that we equalised in the last minute of extra time.  In a situation like that (if we had lost to you at Cardiff, for example),  I'd have consoled myself that the team that finished higher in the league won through, so fair enough.  They didn't - they whined like bitches forever.  I remember coming on here and chuckling at a Swindon fan saying how desperate he was for you to beat us. 

A few years later, we signed Gordon Greer off them.  They couldn't understand why he went and were absolutely fuming - a sideways move apparently.  Except we were a year from moving into a new stadium and had built a side that was about to win the league and they were about to head into division 4 again (where they belong).

Swindon are a joke club with utter bell-ends as fans.  But in recognising that ultimately we're all just fans of our own clubs, I am nevertheless pleased and delighted for them that the ***** running their club into the ground has been booted out.

I've just remembered another reason I don't like Swindon.  In 1989 some Swindon ***** snatched my Albion ski hat as I was sat on the train home from Bristol Rovers away in Bath.  Their demise is delicious schadenfreude for that little ***** as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 42nite said:

At least he doesn't at every opportunity try to big up his own club (on a sag piss taking thread).

If people want to know more about Swindon that much....start a thread why don't you?

I thought I answered that previously. If some decent BCFC poster ask me something about Swindon Town I will answer the question which then gives genuine football fans an insight into what's going on locally.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Simster said:

Not really.  He generally comes on here, derides Rovers (which obviously gets lapped up) and throws in titbits about how wonderful his own club's support is (usually by throwing in more arse-licking comments about how nevertheless it isn't a patch on City's support, of course).  He's a boring, arse-licking bell-end.

To be honest you're not exactly covering yourself in glory. Shame, as Brighton are having a great start to their PL season. Maybe you should be rubbing it in on PL forums, like Palace?.....rather seeing where @Shaun Tayloris posting. To be fair one of the more balanced non City posters in this forum and this thread, for all things pisstaking. We don't have a Rovers Appreciation thread.

Good luck with the rest of your season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simster said:

I don't actually care, it was just an observation.  i.e. that I'd never seen such cringeworthy arse-licking on any football forum anywhere.  ?  I'm genuinely quite surprised this observation had such an impact tbh!  Anyway, I'll let you get back to taking the piss out of your cross city rivals.  

We don't have any 'cross city rivals'.

8 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

To be honest you're not exactly covering yourself in glory. Shame, as Brighton are having a great start to their PL season. Maybe you should be rubbing it in on PL forums, like Palace?.....rather seeing where @Shaun Tayloris posting. To be fair one of the more balanced non City posters in this forum and this thread, for all things pisstaking. We don't have a Rovers Appreciation thread.

Good luck with the rest of your season.

Yes, I've calmed down a bit since then though. ?

Oh and the Palace forum is as bad as GasChat in terms of moderation - they ban you for trivial reasons there.

55 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Red four fifths mate ?

City.

Lockleaze would be my shout, too.

Henbury, Patchway & Horfield are like a foreign country to me, so have absolutely no idea but would have thought Fishponds was still a bit more blue than red?

Used to be the case that East Bristol was seen as Gas, but doubt very much that the likes of gentrifying St.George & Redfield are these days & as someone who grew up there in the early 70s it was 50/50 even back then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simster said:

There was a time when us oldies were kids we would watch City one week and Rovers the next. Just needed the football fix. Would I watch Rovers now ?  Nah, never.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I see I'm getting abit of stick off the Brighton fan (water of a ducks back?)

Im here here for a bit of banter, humour and some decent conversation about Football in general and if that means a little Mickey tacking about the Gas so be as go on their forum they've given STFC enough over the years even they've got nothing to be proud of but if you think that's Arse licking of course you're entitled to your opinion.

For the record I do have connections with the City of Bristol and have some decent older friends who guess what support Bristol City! Yes I'm a Swindon Town fan and always will be but you will find in life decent people can get along with anybody no matter ho they support if you treat them nicely.

Maybe give it a try and watch your friends list grow?

Don't worry about it you're welcome here like all fans of other clubs who aren't tools

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1