IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Lockleaze would be my shout, too.

Henbury, Patchway & Horfield are like a foreign country to me, so have absolutely no idea but would have thought Fishponds was still a bit more blue than red?

Used to be the case that East Bristol was seen as Gas, but doubt very much that the likes of gentrifying St.George & Redfield are these days & as someone who grew up there in the early 70s it was 50/50 even back then.

I am a City Fan from Lockleaze ?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BigTone said:

There was a time when us oldies were kids we would watch City one week and Rovers the next. Just needed the football fix. Would I watch Rovers now ?  Nah, never.

Each to their own Tone,but I would think that now would be a great time to watch the g*s.

Edited by Slacker
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

I am from Horfield, there were quite a few City over 40 odd years ago, being in the top flight helped. Was also great for rugby and cricket on the doorstep.

I'm from Winterbourne and Frampton originally. It was full of gas in the 80's. It wasn't great in the early 80's being a kid as a City fan back then. I live in yate now and still have a few gas friends, they take the piss out of themselves than what we are doing. I've got a young lad who's, 19 and works as my labourer, he's a City fan and has never seen a derby. I couldn't give a shit if they ended up playing on the Downs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, bs3 said:

An Evening of Queen – The Memorial Ground, Bristol

Hi there,

This event has been postponed...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that the show on Wednesday 25th September has been postponed and will no longer be taking place on this date.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know.

Please understand that given the circumstances, our Customer Service teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, we will send out any further information as soon as we can

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Best Wishes,

Bristol Rovers Customer Service

They are really the gift that just keeps on giving.

A Queen tribute band which was unscrupulously  promoted as the real Queen now postponed with only days to go .  Tinpot doesn’t even begin to cover this shambles.

Bohemian Crapsidy ? 

In the early/mid 70’s, Henbury, Southmead, Horfield and Redland formed the broad ‘front line’ dividing predominantly City to the west and the Sags to the east. 

Being a regular visitor to ‘front line positions’ I was acutely aware of tensions and who was who. 

The Sags have never ‘owned’ North Bristol.

Certainly back in the day, Southmead had good representation on the East End. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

To be fair Paul Randall was a decent forward 

He was indeed. Saw him play many years later for someone against Nailsea Utd.

They had a few good players. Dick Shepard was a good keeper until he suffered that nasty injury.

Edited by BigTone
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Simster said:

Ha!  Laying my cards on the table, seriously I am a passing Brighton fan and I regularly log into forums of clubs around the league.  I just like football and reading what other football fans think - that's all.  As for Bristol, I quite like both Bristol clubs if I'm honest.  I do feel sorry for Rovers though (in a way I wouldn't expect you to, for obvious reasons) - they've had ground problems ever since I was a teenager and I'm 50 on Saturday - although they don't exactly help themselves when they hire violent cretins like Joey Barton.

I thought you’d come on here to thank us for selling you Adam Webster, who is obviously a key part of your team  achieving such lofty heights in the PL so far this season.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

I thought you’d come on here to thank us for selling you Adam Webster, who is obviously a key part of your team  achieving such lofty heights in the PL so far this season.

He's been excellent for us, to be honest.  Started off shakily in his first half season (perhaps to be expected) but now firmly part of a very good Premier League defence.  Shame he's injured for the next four games as we will undoubtedly miss him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

No problem.

Like I say, I wouldn’t expect it to change your opinion of the Gas as an outsider but I felt it was worth pointing out that it goes deeper than just playing in the same City.
It would be hypocritical of me if I didn’t mention that our fans haven’t been angels in the past with an arson attack late one night in the early 90s...probably got the idea from Rovers themselves who allegedly set fire to their own main stand at Eastville about 7 years earlier. I don’t recall any occasion where City the club have tried to cause financial or stadium issues with Rovers.

People from outside often remark that the most sensible thing for football in Bristol would be to build a big, modern stadium in the centre of the City for both teams to share. 

I couldn’t see it working myself...?

Well no, because that would involve some money from those ***** and they don’t have any.