IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, Simster said:

I think I'd respect you more for saying that than your original post where you accused me of being an arse licker for saying I like both Bristol clubs, when anyone with a brain could see that if I really was arse licking I'd have said I much preferred the red half or some such drivel.  Anyway, by way of an olive branch, I'll leave it there.  Nothing crappy or little about NSC, by the way.

So moving on, perhaps you could answer a question for me:  my sister moved to Brislington a year ago.  Is this historically City or Rovers territory?

Fek me! You could wear a replica jesters shirt when you visit your sister and see how you get on?‍♂️

Edited by GreedyHarry

2 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Can they not get ANYTHING right ??

I cannot believe vim saying this but I almost feel sorry for them.

That tweet from the weekend where the fan couldn’t exchange the kit because they’d taken the last ones in the size she wanted fir the first team ?

Do they literally not have a pot to piss in?

Jeez - Slagchat gets worse and worse - now claims that Ken Masters threw in a dodgy kiddy abuse complaint against Wael....

I was given information by someone unconnected to the board and the SC that the SC had made a safeguarding complaint to the FA. I will not give the details, they aren’t for me to say and the club cannot comment on the specifics either I would think.

At first I couldn’t believe it to be true. So I asked the question to a few people directly, to be told it was true. I was stunned, Wael Al’Qadi might be many things, but I never in a million years had him down to be a I love you. I’ve taken my own child into the box next to his over the course of 18 months and happily watched him engage with Harry and as he is also a father himself you can tell by the way he is with kids, he is in no way a threat.

So why would someone go to these lengths?

I spoke to one of the people involved at the centre of the complaint, Paul Adulous, known as Wilf, a member of the SC and chairman of the WSM branch of the SC by phone who gave me the real inside track on what went on, why and how far it had all gone and how he was pretty disappointed by the way things had gone.

I then received an anonymous letter sent to my business following various postings I made on gaschat where I believed this was an attempt at trying to lynch Wael and the this was nothing more than a dirty tactic which had no foundation.

In that letter was an unsigned note that had been computer printed saying that it wasn’t an attempt at a lynch but a very real complaint and it included a copy of the letter that was drafted to make the original complaint. I still do not know who sent me that letter. Although looking at the diction, or rather lack of, I have my suspicions.

I showed that to Wael, I felt I had a duty to do so that this information was so brazenly being passed around and that if someone had sent it to me, who else had they sent it to? Wael confirmed it was the letter that he had also seen.

Wael explained that he had been fully investigated by the FA, Council, Police and they had found nothing so I wasn’t to worry. I was happy with that explanation.

I sent Jim an email back in July after I had received some information that Steve Hamer and Ken Masters were colluding on this safeguarding matter. I never accused JC of being apart of it, in fact I said I hoped that he didn’t know about it and that I was willing to show him what I had, in the hope that he might realise the massive mistake he has made in backing Masters and that if he didn’t know about it, he has the opportunity to make it right.

Jim never replied and I’ve subsequently found out via his press release that rather than speak to me, he would rather speak to the SCs solicitors and ignore the elephant that was in the room and clearly the main thrust of his demise.

By his ignorance I’ll assume he did know, even if he wasn’t involved directly, and if he did know, he was complicit by not dealing with it appropriately.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Jeez - Slagchat gets worse and worse - now claims that Ken Masters threw in a dodgy kiddy abuse complaint against Wael....

I was given information by someone unconnected to the board and the SC that the SC had made a safeguarding complaint to the FA. I will not give the details, they aren’t for me to say and the club cannot comment on the specifics either I would think.

At first I couldn’t believe it to be true. So I asked the question to a few people directly, to be told it was true. I was stunned, Wael Al’Qadi might be many things, but I never in a million years had him down to be a I love you. I’ve taken my own child into the box next to his over the course of 18 months and happily watched him engage with Harry and as he is also a father himself you can tell by the way he is with kids, he is in no way a threat.

So why would someone go to these lengths?

I spoke to one of the people involved at the centre of the complaint, Paul Adulous, known as Wilf, a member of the SC and chairman of the WSM branch of the SC by phone who gave me the real inside track on what went on, why and how far it had all gone and how he was pretty disappointed by the way things had gone.

I then received an anonymous letter sent to my business following various postings I made on gaschat where I believed this was an attempt at trying to lynch Wael and the this was nothing more than a dirty tactic which had no foundation.

In that letter was an unsigned note that had been computer printed saying that it wasn’t an attempt at a lynch but a very real complaint and it included a copy of the letter that was drafted to make the original complaint. I still do not know who sent me that letter. Although looking at the diction, or rather lack of, I have my suspicions.

I showed that to Wael, I felt I had a duty to do so that this information was so brazenly being passed around and that if someone had sent it to me, who else had they sent it to? Wael confirmed it was the letter that he had also seen.

Wael explained that he had been fully investigated by the FA, Council, Police and they had found nothing so I wasn’t to worry. I was happy with that explanation.

I sent Jim an email back in July after I had received some information that Steve Hamer and Ken Masters were colluding on this safeguarding matter. I never accused JC of being apart of it, in fact I said I hoped that he didn’t know about it and that I was willing to show him what I had, in the hope that he might realise the massive mistake he has made in backing Masters and that if he didn’t know about it, he has the opportunity to make it right.

Jim never replied and I’ve subsequently found out via his press release that rather than speak to me, he would rather speak to the SCs solicitors and ignore the elephant that was in the room and clearly the main thrust of his demise.

By his ignorance I’ll assume he did know, even if he wasn’t involved directly, and if he did know, he was complicit by not dealing with it appropriately.

Who was this from,some "high-up"?

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Who was this from,some "high-up"?

I loved he 'couldn't disclose or comment', then provided sufficient personal details to easily be traceable.

Irrespective of whether or not things are 'made up' the first rule of a safeguarding policy is when a complaint is raised its recorded, investigated using an agreed procedure and steps are taken to ensure all parties are protected in the immediate future with wider actions taken, if necessary. This would include responding to the complainant that post investigation no cause for concern was substantiated against allegations made. None of which appears to be reported by either side in this case.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

as he is also a father himself you can tell by the way he is with kids, he is in no way a threat

Because child abusers go out of their way to display traits that might indicate they abuse those under their care, they'd never collude to hide their intentions toward children -  not for one minute implying The Fake Sheikh is anything other than wholly upstanding in that respect.

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

An honest question, is there any historical issue between Brighton and Swindon? I know they have some strange mutual hatred thing with Gillingham which is very odd.

Some hatreds are very irrational - I used to hate Stockport Country with a passion because of one of my many trips up to see City at Edgeley Park - at half time they gleefully sold me a portion of mushy peas before even more gleefully informing me that they had no more cutlery - so I instantly bought a Twix and used both sticks to scoop up said peas of the mushy variety! And if my memory is correct it poured with rain that day and we scraped a 2-2 draw with Bo in goal and Jim Brennan notching!! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Gaschat moderator and Wally sycophant Gashead81

Ongoing feud between SC and Wally - this gashead81 seems to be a talking head on a stick for Wally

This chap became very upset when he was accused of being Mr Al-Quidi’s puppet.

Mr Al-Quidi said “what’s got into you ?”

Gashead81 said “your hand”

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Hi Simster, the thing about a gashead going on to the Manchester City forum is indeed true, the night we took 1000's to the Etihad and told them 'their city was red' and social media reported that '£750M can buy you success but not support like Bristol city' etc. The saggies were apoplectic and went straight onto the Man city forum, looking for love, only to be made to look very stupid by the home support.

An honest question, is there any historical issue between Brighton and Swindon? I know they have some strange mutual hatred thing with Gillingham which is very odd.

The Gillingham rivalry goes back to 1979 when the two clubs were promotion rivals and things kicked of on the pitch and and continued on the terraces mainly at their place for the next 30 years but having played them a few times recently I would say that it is completely dead now. As for Brighton there's never been any hate towards them even when they stopped us getting to the playoff final against Bristol City at the Millenium stadium in 2003/4 season.

Edited by Shaun Taylor
  • Thanks 1

With regards to the safe guarding issue,

That's a sad state of affairs and if its a false accusation as it appears to be then the person doing the accusing needs to be sued and banned from ever setting foot in the methane again,

Those sort of false accusations have no place and just makes the police and authorities jobs much much harder,

And its the sort of thing those bottom dwellers would do

15 hours ago, 'Pack' It In said:

I am a City Fan from Lockleaze ?

14 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Horfield for me,the Fellowship end mind,not up on the common.

I was brought up in Saint Werburghs, all my mates from school days were Red

15 hours ago, BigTone said:

There was a time when us oldies were kids we would watch City one week and Rovers the next. Just needed the football fix. Would I watch Rovers now ?  Nah, never.

When we were young and started going to football, my Mum was happy for me to go to Eastville park so we would be allowed to go to Eastville to watch R*vers. I didn't despise them then, and as you say Tone, you needed a football fix. 
As I was allowed to go to City on my own the hatred started kicking in, we still went to Eastville but usually in with the away fans ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

With regards to the safe guarding issue,

That's a sad state of affairs and if its a false accusation as it appears to be then the person doing the accusing needs to be sued and banned from ever setting foot in the methane again,

Those sort of false accusations have no place and just makes the police and authorities jobs much much harder,

And its the sort of thing those bottom dwellers would do

Being “banned from ever setting foot in the methane again” is more of a reward than a punishment.

45 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

There was a city player involved that night, and it was a big thing at the time.

I cant recall who.

Gary marshall?

Anybody?

Well this is the game you’re after:

https://www.11v11.com/matches/england-v-turkey-15-october-1985-257819/

However, only mentions the subs that came on. There was a period when England called up players from the club where the game was played (I recall Matt Hewlett making the squad vs Italy U21), but that one I can’t recall. I can’t, however, even with England following that route, see them having called up Marshall who was a bit part winger at a div 3 side - happy to be wrong though!