IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, Lydered said:

551167015_Screenshot_20210923-003821_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7df8ec396c72629774238e18e543819e.jpg

This is in the comments on this article. I know we aren't perfect, but surely this didn't happen did it?

Well I never saw it reported and lets face it, the local press don't need much encouragement to try and put us in a bad light.

Going back to The Quarters, I never realised it was so close to residents, there was always going to be issues really.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well I never saw it reported and lets face it, the local press don't need much encouragement to try and put us in a bad light.

Going back to The Quarters, I never realised it was so close to residents, there was always going to be issues really.

Sure they're not just playing on the streets... 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Priceless ! :rofl2br:

"On a recent occasion on a Saturday morning, a ball hit our gates so hard we thought a car had driven into them''.

"I went out and confronted the players and was passed over to the manager, Joey Barton. I've never heard of him but after a bit of a discussion, he agreed that they would try and refrain from kicking balls into our garden''.

6 hours ago, zippycar said:

Even better:

"On occasions, both my wife and daughter have witnessed players and staff urinating against the hedge which backs onto Hortham Lane. Not nice, especially when they have toilet facilities in their clubhouse.

So now who's taking the/a piss

I just don’t know what to believe any more. This stuff is so good that it could just as easily be made up. 

Priceless. 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

There was something, car windows smashed and someone posted letters iirc. 

I seem to remember someone (possibly Barr’s Court Red) put a jokey suggestion on here about building bamboo pits and some roaster reported it to the Police.

12 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Read this in the post article:

"The application also seeks to remove conditions relating to opening hours and open of the site for non-professional use."

So the Sags first team haven't got permission to train there yet then?

I thought rovers got permission on the basis that one of the pitches would be used by the community when Rovers weren't training.

I'm sure their "Loyal and Prowed" fans will be happy with that.

• Like 1

I see the traveling wagon of methane snorting goons rolls up in my neck of the woods this weekend. Sadly family commitments prevent me from visiting the Bescot to take the piss out of Biffer and his geriatric footballing oafs but at least I have enough warning to keep away from the centre of town. 

They are already crowing about away ticket sales on the Narnia that is their forum.

At this rate they may need 2 coaches.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

I see the traveling wagon of methane snorting goons rolls up in my neck of the woods this weekend. Sadly family commitments prevent me from visiting the Bescot to take the piss out of Biffer and his geriatric footballing oafs but at least I have enough warning to keep away from the centre of town. 

They are already crowing about away ticket sales on the Narnia that is their forum.

At this rate they may need 2 coaches.

There was also mention that there might be less there than normal due to traffic jams on the M6 caused by a junction being closed in Staffordshire?

• Haha 2

Walsall struggled to get going in League 2 and took 5 league games to find a win. They then seemed to settle down a bit, drawing with Bradford away and then beating Mansfield at home. Their last game was a 2-0 away defeat to Newport.

They look like a difficult team to break down but have conceded late goals on couple of occasions. There biggest problem is creating chances. They simply don't. Even against Mansfield where they scored 3 they only had 5 on target the whole match.

With the sags unable to hit a cows arse with a banjo this match could end up being the unstoppable shite meets the immovable shite.

If Walsall win by anything more than 1 goal then the sags really are epically crap under Biffer Barton.

It should have 0-0 written all over it 

7 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Walsall struggled to get going in League 2 and took 5 league games to find a win. They then seemed to settle down a bit, drawing with Bradford away and then beating Mansfield at home. Their last game was a 2-0 away defeat to Newport.

They look like a difficult team to break down but have conceded late goals on couple of occasions. There biggest problem is creating chances. They simply don't. Even against Mansfield where they scored 3 they only had 5 on target the whole match.

With the sags unable to hit a cows arse with a banjo this match could end up being the unstoppable shite meets the immovable shite.

If Walsall win by anything more than 1 goal then the sags really are epically crap under Biffer Barton.

It should have 0-0 written all over it 

‘Only 5 on target the whole match’

I mean, that’s just given me a nose bleed imaging that many!

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

To$$ers can't even sell out their allocation for a game an hour and half up the road. Amazing away following my a$$.

Yet Barton said on RB that the "thousands" that came were the 12th man today.

Why does everyone associated with them perpetuate this myth?

#pathologicalliars

• Like 1