IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

The Gillingham rivalry goes back to 1979 when the two clubs were promotion rivals and things kicked of on the pitch and and continued on the terraces mainly at their place for the next 30 years but having played them a few times recently I would say that it is completely dead now. As for Brighton there's never been any hate towards them even when they stopped us getting to the playoff final against Bristol City at the Millenium stadium in 2003/4 season.

Fair enough, there's very little animosity from our side (although Swindon remain a club I personally don't like very much) but I remember all manner of bitterness in 2004 and later when we bought Greer off you.  Strange as Brighton have always been a bigger club than Swindon IMO (not that it matters).  I am genuinely pleased you've got that nob out of your club though, and I hope Oldham manage the same soon.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Just one of many reasons why OTIB is a top forum. 
Well done to the Mods and all the contributors.:clap:

Yeah it's a decent forum here (I put it down to liberal but fair moderation), but I will say this sort of thing goes on with loads of football forums.  It certainly does on ours.  Why wouldn't it?

I nipped into their online shop, I do like to have a look at different teams to see what tat they sell. Ours is poor IMO, when I was going up to see the Brother in Law who's a big QPR supporter, I wanted some bits to spread around his house secretly. Anyway. I was thinking they have a lot more than us, but I came across this and what with them being so poor , I found this ironic.
Get well soon Bristol R*vers ?

Lets hope they don't 

299816942_Screenshot2021-09-22at12_38_56.png.27ec0c133860533f6dc5681a9fbdae64.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

I wondered what the medal was for around his neck and so I zoomed in ...

DOG-TD-M35G_592x.jpg?v=1586515571

I thought he was too modest to boast of his conquests?!

At the risk of getting a big "whoosh" can you tell me where this "dog fetish" thing with Dopey originated, was it based on some kind of truth (however fanciful) or just a random stick to beat the idiot with ?

59 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It came from one of our top class French signings....

Came from Garita didn't it? Didn't somebody ask him to say/tweet it, with him not knowing what he was saying/implying?

Edited by Taz
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

At the risk of getting a big "whoosh" can you tell me where this "dog fetish" thing with Dopey originated, was it based on some kind of truth (however fanciful) or just a random stick to beat the idiot with ?

IIRC

Garita offered to retweet messages from fans when he first arrived
One of our fans sugegsted he retweet "Darrell clarke w##ks off dogs" and Garita did so without really knowing
The tweet was hastily removed (I presume when someone at the club explained what he had done)
The meme stuck though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

49 minutes ago, cityal said:

IIRC

Garita offered to retweet messages from fans when he first arrived
One of our fans sugegsted he retweet "Darrell clarke w##ks off dogs" and Garita did so without really knowing
The tweet was hastily removed (I presume when someone at the club explained what he had done)
The meme stuck though

Close. Garita was retweeting every single tweet sent to him when he signed. Obviously 99% of them were welcoming him to City, as he didn’t understand English someone quickly came up with the idea to tweet him saying “Darrell Clarke w@nks off dogs” and it was retweeted.

Our official Twitter then came out saying it wasn’t the real Garita account, which was nonsense and ridiculous as it had years of personal French tweets prior, so was obviously his real account, he was just unaware of what it meant.

If @BRISTOL86still has the original photo then that’d be great.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Simster said:

Fair enough, there's very little animosity from our side (although Swindon remain a club I personally don't like very much) but I remember all manner of bitterness in 2004 and later when we bought Greer off you.  Strange as Brighton have always been a bigger club than Swindon IMO (not that it matters).  I am genuinely pleased you've got that nob out of your club though, and I hope Oldham manage the same soon.

Yeah it's a decent forum here (I put it down to liberal but fair moderation), but I will say this sort of thing goes on with loads of football forums.  It certainly does on ours.  Why wouldn't it?

I agree OTIB is a very good forum and up there with the big clubs in the premiership and not just for football but a whole range of topics.

i totally agree Brighton are a much bigger club than Swindon and not much between yourselves, Pompey & Southampton and can still remember Peter Ward scoring for you regularly even though that was in the late 70's early 80's.

Edited by Shaun Taylor

21 hours ago, readie14 said:

Not sure if this has bern posted before, apologies if it has.

Screenshot_20210921-180026_Instagram.jpg

15 hours ago, Red Shadow said:

Um no not really. Apparently Trumpton is in Bristol...

twerton-park-ba2-bristol-rovers-t-shirt-p555-202_image.thumb.jpg.2a21948edc1d57b7e52cdadc6471bab1.jpg

The undisputed champions of Tinpottedness. The Doncaster United blue glass trophy is on its way to Wally now.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I believe in this context the correct noun is 'tinpottery' 

No, I beleive Tinpottery FC play in the Ebac Northern League Division 1

Formed in 1897 when Pottery Rangers joined forces with Tin Minors.

FA Vase quarter finalists 1927

Edited by myol'man
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Close. Garita was retweeting every single tweet sent to him when he signed. Obviously 99% of them were welcoming him to City, as he didn’t understand English someone quickly came up with the idea to tweet him saying “Darrell Clarke w@nks off dogs” and it was retweeted.

Our official Twitter then came out saying it wasn’t the real Garita account, which was nonsense and ridiculous as it had years of personal French tweets prior, so was obviously his real account, he was just unaware of what it meant.

If @BRISTOL86still has the original photo then that’d be great.

Ah that sounds familiar, knew it was something along those lines! 

11 hours ago, Monkeh said:

With regards to the safe guarding issue,

That's a sad state of affairs and if its a false accusation as it appears to be then the person doing the accusing needs to be sued and banned from ever setting foot in the methane again,

Those sort of false accusations have no place and just makes the police and authorities jobs much much harder,

And its the sort of thing those bottom dwellers would do

Got to say that Henbury (The IT Genius) is one such character ?

• Like 1

On 19/09/2021 at 13:13, Shaun Taylor said:

Not sure what game Barton was watching it's clear to the neautral that they can't defend and surprised Pitman had the legs to take the penalty?

Has this picture been lifted from a phone box on City Road, that geezer in the picture is clearly one of the local crack heads that hang out in that area?

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

It's because he likes to **** off dogs..! 

• Like 1

Priceless ! :rofl2br:

"On a recent occasion on a Saturday morning, a ball hit our gates so hard we thought a car had driven into them''.

"I went out and confronted the players and was passed over to the manager, Joey Barton. I've never heard of him but after a bit of a discussion, he agreed that they would try and refrain from kicking balls into our garden''.

• Haha 4