IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I'm still mystified why they've only given Swindon 700 for next week  

I can't actually see anything that confirms they've only given you 700 tickets. 

The only update I can see anywhere is on your site saying that they going on sale. 

No update saying its sold out, or confirming the number you were allocated - only that it was still to be confirmed, before they went in sale. Can't see any update beyond that though..? 

Edited by Bar BS3

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

They always used to give about 1100 including us when we used to play them...back in the oldun days

Yeah, I vaguely remember. 

I remember seeing the black & white highlights and driving back under the flyover outside Temple meads aswell..! 

As I recall, there was great excitement that Brunel himself were to make an appearance for the grand opening of temple meads..?! 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, weepywall said:

They always used to give about 1100 including us when we used to play them...back in the oldun days

But they used to allocate about 1100 to away fans, when we last played them. 

Surely all the ground improvements make more than that available now..? ??

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I remember seeing the black & white highlights and driving back under the flyover outside Temple meads aswell..! 

As I recall, there was great excitement that Brunel himself were to make an appearance for the grand opening of temple meads..?! 

And going down to the Home & Colonial Stores for a Green `un

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can't actually see anything that confirms they've only given you 700 tickets. 

The only update I can see anywhere is on your site saying that they going on sale. 

No update saying its sold out, or confirming the number you were allocated - only that it was still to be confirmed, before they went in sale. Can't see any update beyond that though..? 

It was on the website around 10 days ago and sold out instantly to season ticket holders. Swindon complained and Rovers said they would review it on Monday just gone so we have to assume that they didn't change their mind.

• Thanks 1

Martin Belsten Memorial Match 2021!

Fair play in respect of the above Charity Game played yeasterday at the Mangos Ground  - Gas Legends (no, Windass did not play?) v Fans 11 with a crowd over 2,000 - Very Impressive, and I guess over £30k for Charity ?

Part of the off field entertainment was Sponge Throwing at Scotty ?

Edited by BRIAN WILSON

20 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

and still  being able to drive over jail ferry bridge in a motor car.

57 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

So I've heard that there has been a 'pretty spectacular' falling out behind the scenes at Rovers and a number of coaches (believe mostly youth) have left/will be leaving.

Will be interesting to see if anything comes out next few days! (I know nothing more than the above so don't have details)

Oddly, I heard quite the opposite on Saturday, as 'someone*' who is apparently a pal of the kitman, said that whilst results have been shocking, the players, coaches and execs all adore Barton.

*No idea (as is often the case with these stories) who this someone is, it was a mate of a mate of a mate who told me.

On 26/09/2021 at 18:34, Bar BS3 said:

Halcyon days - driving over the Temple Meads flyover on the way to watch 'Cheese,,Gow & Co!!.........

Oh yesterday.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, hinsleburg said:

So I've heard that there has been a 'pretty spectacular' falling out behind the scenes at Rovers and a number of coaches (believe mostly youth) have left/will be leaving.

Will be interesting to see if anything comes out next few days! (I know nothing more than the above so don't have details)

Looks as though you could well be spot on with this.......

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Oddly, I heard quite the opposite on Saturday, as 'someone*' who is apparently a pal of the kitman, said that whilst results have been shocking, the players, coaches and execs all adore Barton.

*No idea (as is often the case with these stories) who this someone is, it was a mate of a mate of a mate who told me.

Have heard the total opposite. Majority of Players can’t ******* stand him apparently. Think it’ll be telling either way to see how they perform against Swindon after scabbing a win Saturday