IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

33 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It has to be that surely. No-one could seriously spout this bollocks and really believe it could they? What`s next - starting Bartontown somewhere on Salisbury Plain and inviting g*sheads to join him there in waiting for the apocalypse?

100%. Knows he’s spent and on the wind up. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some seriously dodgy shit going on there led by the messiah 

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It’s like we’ve found a magic well of hilarity that never dries up. Just constant buckets of funny shit coming up one after the other for our entertainment. Today their bizarre manager has given us this gift ?

Brilliant stuff ?

Thank you God.

I was thinking the same earlier today,it’s amazing how constant the stream of entertainment is that flows from them. Just when you think there can’t possibly be more they churn out another beauty every time.

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The number of "we would watch them from the pavements if they played in the street" brigade in that thread admitting that they have already stopped attending, is hilarious. :)

...and in time honoured fashion, they also stole that quote - first spouted by Rangers fans when they were demoted to the bottom division in Scotland ... ??

• Like 2

I see over on their forum there is another thread where someone is surprised at the amount of young kids wearing city shirts in kingswood.I’ve lived in the wood all my life and as a kid in the 70s more of the kids in my street supported city than the gas.I guess if your family had no ties to either club back then,you were probably more likely to end up supporting city as we were in the top flight back then.That was more or less my own situation, though my old man had been to a few gas games as a casual watcher.luckily he saw the error of his ways! By the time I was in secondary school I’d say it was probably 50/50 city/rovers in my year so my question is how far do you have to go back to when kingswood really was a staunch gas area?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mattjb said:

I see over on their forum there is another thread where someone is surprised at the amount of young kids wearing city shirts in kingswood.I’ve lived in the wood all my life and as a kid in the 70s more of the kids in my street supported city than the gas.I guess if your family had no ties to either club back then,you were probably more likely to end up supporting city as we were in the top flight back then.That was more or less my own situation, though my old man had been to a few gas games as a casual watcher.luckily he saw the error of his ways! By the time I was in secondary school I’d say it was probably 50/50 city/rovers in my year so my question is how far do you have to go back to when kingswood really was a staunch gas area?

1939-45 - gas masks everywhere apparently. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mattjb said:

From Kingswood here too, it has never really been a rovers area, they seem to think it was, or even still is, because the saggie fans I know generally just drink and hang about with other saggie fans. They do not know how to converse with anyone else so they just think the majority are Sags. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bearded_red said:

This part below appealed to me  - This is a truly mental analogy....

I’ve doubted myself a little bit because I’m a young coach and I’ve been pulled down by the fact the club has been in a negative cycle with 15 wins in 70 games.

It’s not a great period for the club and we’ve got to change that round and make sure in the next 70 games we’ve got more than 15 wins on the board, because if we haven’t we won’t be a league club. We’ll be out of the Football League.

If we get 25 wins, that’s progress, that’s getting better. If you went to the gym and lifted 15kg one day and the next day you lifted 20kg and the next day you lifted 25kg, you’re getting better.

So he starts of equating wins out of 70 games to weight lifting..

He's right about the series  15 > 20 > 25 as defining improvement (in either the weight lifting analogy or rovers pitiful win record) - then he adds this gem.....

It might not be 100kg because it takes a period of time to get to that, but at this moment in time we’ve just got to be better than what’s gone before.

so using the analogy of 1 win per kg he's aimng for 100 wins - but out of the next 70 games?

I'd certainly agree that takes a "period of time" . 

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

:noexp:

“Everybody wants to play for us”

”they look at our pitch and look at our fans”

”we get the best version of everyone”

He’s 100% trying to curry favour with the fan base/get copy out there shifting the blame so that when inevitably given the boot, he can claim to future employers it wasn’t his fault and he was in an impossible situation.

His ‘blame everyone but himself’ style is gross; whether it was at the sags or anywhere else, I’d say the same.

Possibly for the first time, I pity their fans; lunatic in charge of the asylum.

Edited by samo II
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm no fan of Barton - but he is clearly unwell.

He is obviously affected by either medication (prescribed) or self administered.

He is a sociopath - who now admits to a 'divine purpose' to 'save' Rovers

Look at the video - unable to keep eye contact, looking left, up ,around, as if he is actually seeing and responding to something.

In places he was unable to remember what he was saying or complete the sentence.

He is severely mentally unwell - I would hope Rovers club Dr has seen this and is making arrangements for him to be assessed by a mental health professional.

The man genuinely needs help.

• Like 2

Sadly it seems one of their players died this week and an autopsy was peformed. I'm not sure why they had to burn his heart afterwards? Could explain some of the recent poor performances though.

"Barton will also have centre-half Connor Taylor available for the visit of Carlisle after he was cleared by the medical staff this week.

“We took him off (against Swindon) because we thought it was concussion,” Barton explained. “He went down and had a dizzy spell.

"In the autopsy after that, it wasn’t a concussion, nobody touched him or got near him.

“He had like a panic attack. His heart rate and breathing had become irregular. He’s had it in his career before.

“Forgive me because I’m a football coach and not a surgeon, but it’s something to do with something in his heart that needs burning.

Seriously though that press conference is batsh*t crazy, I have some medical experience, albeit not in psychiatry but I think he needs some sort of psychiatric help. 

• Haha 4