IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, TomF said:

Probably grates them more that many on here almost sympathise that JB has totally lost it. I’m in the ‘he needs help’ category 

He’s getting more like Brent every day, Jesus went to Nazareth, Bristol’s a big place but once i’ve finished here there’s  Bath, Dursley,  Yatton. You know... Weston, Thornbury. Because i’m my own boss...... Burnham

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sat on an upgrade 'babysitting'  job on a  Saturday with nothing better to do I ended up glancing at Gaschat, and the thread they have there about is their owner worth more than any Premier League owners.

It struck me that it is very difficult to actually put a price on Wael's worth. With Steve Lansdown it is pretty consistent and clear wherever you look, but Wael seems to vary widely according to if the page you look at is influenced by the gas or Post in any way.

These are the only two 'independent' sites I could find that put a price on him, though neither looks particularly reliable (the second one moreso than the first)...

https://popularbio.com/wael-al-qadi/

https://goalballlive.com/richest-premier-league-owners/

These list him at £1million and £30million respectively, lower by degrees than what is claimed by the Post.

Wikipedia puts him at £500million but then, when you check the citation next to it they get that from the Bristol Post :laugh:.

Does anybody actually have any clue?

Edited by richwwtk

And they wonder why we're all interested in the goings on over there? Because It's gold, but it's almost at the point where it's not funny.. Almost I say...

JB seems a bit bi- polar to me he also has very poor impulse management ( short fuse as it was called). He's on a high right now, or was at that presser, hence the stream of consciousness ... Hard to look at isn't it? But funny as ****.

2 hours ago, harrys said:

He’s getting more like Brent every day, Jesus went to Nazareth, Bristol’s a big place but once i’ve finished here there’s  Bath, Dursley,  Yatton. You know... Weston, Thornbury. Because i’m my own boss...... Burnham

Oi Harry, what have we done in the Yatton area to deserve such a "coming". Oh, on second thoughts don't answer that.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Sat on an upgrade 'babysitting'  job on a  Saturday with nothing better to do I ended up glancing at Gaschat, and the thread they have there about is their owner worth more than any Premier League owners.

It struck me that it is very difficult to actually put a price on Wael's worth. With Steve Lansdown it is pretty consistent and clear wherever you look, but Wael seems to vary widely according to if the page you look at is influenced by the gas or Post in any way.

These are the only two 'independent' sites I could find that put a price on him, though neither looks particularly reliable (the second one moreso than the first)...

These list him at £1million and £30million respectively, lower by degrees than what is claimed by the Post.

Wikipedia puts him at £500million but then, when you check the citation next to it they get that from the Bristol Post :laugh:.

Pretty sure the wealth they got all super excited about at the start “Premiership in 5 years, unlucky the shit” was the total combined family wealth & everyone else from Jordan has now walked away from Rovers.

Think there was also an older brother involved initially & he was taking flak from the few for not allowing Wael to spend more?

I would say he’s probably worth circa £50m, which seems a lot for the level they now play at, though in comparison Dale Vince of the vegans just up the road is worth double that.

Their problems stem from the fact that they have a dilapidated ground & if stories are true, very high wages in comparison to the level they play.

When you add in that they have been on a downward trajectory for years, are getting smaller & smaller gates (today’s will be horrendous) & Barton now appears toxic to a fair percentage even of their idiotic fan base, the outlook looks grim.

******* brilliant, isn’t it?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pretty sure the wealth they got all super excited about at the start “Premiership in 5 years, unlucky the shit” was the total combined family wealth & everyone else from Jordan has now walked away from Rovers.

Think there was also an older brother involved initially & he was taking flak from the few for not allowing Wael to spend more?

I would say he’s probably worth circa £50m, which seems a lot for the level they now play at, though in comparison Dale Vince of the vegans just up the road is worth double that.

Their problems stem from the fact that they have a dilapidated ground & if stories are true, very high wages in comparison to the level they play.

When you add in that they have been on a downward trajectory for years, are getting smaller & smaller gates (today’s will be horrendous) & Barton now appears toxic to a fair percentage even of their idiotic fan base, the outlook looks grim.

The sooner they go the better. I'm not interested in any so-called rivalry, that's well in the past now. One team in Bristol - the sooner that's literally the case, the better. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Their wage bill must be horrendous,  I don't see how it can be otherwise with the recent signings. Jailbird can claim he is treating them as a "pro bono" case as much as he likes, but the fact is all the cronies he has signed will have been rubbing their hands at the prospect of topping up their pension pots.

JB spouting off about what a great owner he is just serves to massage the ego of what appears to be a highly naive individual, who has been identified as a cash cow by players and agents alike.

I'll bet he has to be protected from telephone scam calls as well. 

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

And we thought we were shit at home!  They've even managed to be worse than we are! God love 'em!

Always trying to one up us aren't they!?

Well in this instance - good luck to 'em, they can have that award! Wael done saggies:dance:

Looking at the state the gas are in now, I am very thankful to my dad (born and raised in the northville area) when a kid in the 60’s and 70s decided not to trek down muller rd to eastville and instead when he went with my grandad to visit his aunt in Southville (carrying on the ville theme ?) he would go down to the gate on his own instead. I owe my dad a lot for his sensible decision making.

living in Yate I know a few gas heads who were not so fortunate (although they all seem to have a second club, can’t imagine why).

here’s to all the people that made the sensible decision of going to the Gate instead of Eastville, twerton and the cabbage patch ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I think it was estimated that his personal wealth was circa 60mil when he took over, but that was neither here or there as he was part of a family investment.

Since he has gone solo, his father has died so estimating his wealth would be a complete guess as without knowing how much his father left it could be a fiver, it could be a billion.

• Thanks 1

I read that the entire Family Wealth was around 300 million US Dollars.At the time that Wally was touted as a zillionaire by gasheads on Utube. Wally was listed as running the Jordanian Travel company (travel agent). The brother that was involved with him is not a Football fan and had spoken about Wally as needing something to occupy himself with because he was'nt too bright. His was turned down when he approached Gillingham and one other club before the Gas begged him to take them on. At one time during Jordanian financial crisis quite a few million was lost by the family. If there has been any recovery it can't be worth billions.

31 minutes ago, Mayes86 said:

Looking at the state the gas are in now, I am very thankful to my dad (born and raised in the northville area) when a kid in the 60’s and 70s decided not to trek down muller rd to eastville and instead when he went with my grandad to visit his aunt in Southville (carrying on the ville theme ?) he would go down to the gate on his own instead. I owe my dad a lot for his sensible decision making.

living in Yate I know a few gas heads who were not so fortunate (although they all seem to have a second club, can’t imagine why).

here’s to all the people that made the sensible decision of going to the Gate instead of Eastville, twerton and the cabbage patch ?

In the 50's/early 60's ,as was almost the norm , dad who worked at BAC would go to who ever was home. Not being a local ,he had no real preference but he said he proffered the ambiance (wouldn't have used that word, necessarily) of Ashton Gate, so thankfully that's where he took me for my debut, the Oldham promotion match.........hooked ever since !

• Like 1

He’s spouting it all in the national media too! 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joey-barton-bristol-rovers-tories-25173091

Theres a hilarious bit at the end. He points out that the lowest he ever finished in his playing career was above the highest that Rovers have ever finished in their history! Not sure what that’s trying to tell them!