IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

In the 50's/early 60's ,as was almost the norm , dad who worked at BAC would go to who ever was home. Not being a local ,he had no real preference but he said he proffered the ambiance (wouldn't have used that word, necessarily) of Ashton Gate, so thankfully that's where he took me for my debut, the Oldham promotion match.........hooked ever since !

I really like the idea of the days when working people would buy two season tickets so they could see a game each Saturday because it was a cheap afternoon out.

There must be someone who still does it in Bristol; I used to know someone who simply liked football but didn't support any particular side. He lived in London and used to go to the two games that looked most interesting each month.

Just now, Malago said:

1-0 at half time.  I’m confused.  It’s that equivalent to lifting 5, 10 or 15kg, or seeing it’s half time do you have to divide the weights in two?

Can anybody help?

Concerned of Bedminster.

Half way up Everest mate and popped into the church mate. I think that’s the equivalent. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Malago said:

1-0 at half time.  I’m confused.  It’s that equivalent to lifting 5, 10 or 15kg, or seeing it’s half time do you have to divide the weights in two?

Can anybody help?

Concerned of Bedminster.

I prefer to think of it as climbing the Matterhorn, if they win in the end it`s the equivalent of Everest.

"it was divine intervention that led us to victory over the team who were level with us only above us on goal difference.

I would like to thank Carlisle for giving 3 points to charity because they are the bigger club, they didn't have to give us 3 points but thanks to their generosity our fans can believe that we will be promoted."

4 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

So the G*s have scaled the metaphorical mountain that is the mighty Carlisle, bit like running up Glastonbury Tor....well done them.

HMS Piss the League back on the slipway, as opposed to being sat in dry dock?

Hopefully setting sail. Worse things happen at sea as they say.

23 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

… said the man who says he spent an hour in church on Wednesday. Of course he may have been there at a Mother’s Union bring and buy sale, looking forlornly for a striker. 

Or at a Mother's Union bring and buy sale looking for a fight...

Oh the joy of my own personal “gift” seeing the disappointment of my Gas “mates” as the reality that Barton’s jobs is safe for a few more weeks after today’s results. I’m really quite conflicted. They loose and get relegated, they win and they keep Joey ?. Oh the gift ?