IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

They just can't help themselves...

Caption competitionScreenshot_20211013-053915_Twitter.thumb.jpg.204a9957c5581546fb9b583605a87abb.jpg

41 minutes ago, weepywall said:

That photo has been doing the rounds, a Bradford fan said " I hope they are not planning to come to Bradford on Saturday...we will all be frightened to go" ?

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I always thought they made Cub Scouts wear uniform on official trips? :)

I'd be worried to be fair. The coach would have got back so late most would have missed their bedtime by at least 6 or 7 hours.

Their teachers won't be happy when they doze off tomorrow in school.....

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

WHere would we need to finish in the league for our U21 side to be eligible for this competition next season? Surely that would be the final nail in the coffin of the "rivalry" if our U21's beat their senior side?

I *think* it’s based on your academy category, and you have to be Cat 1 to go in. As most premier league sides are Cat 1, if they want to take up the invite, they tend to use all the spaces (I think only Fulham are in from a championship level this year). 

So I think the invite hierarchy is:

Premier League (Cat One)

Championship (Cat One)

Premier League (Cat Two)

Championship (Cat Two)

Now, obviously Brentford aren’t eligible fullstop, some teams may decide not to partake (European football IIRC) and you have others whom it wouldn’t be plausible for (eg I think Derby are cat one but they’d decline an invite I’d imagine!)

So, we need to be Cat one and most likely in the Prem for this to arise 

13 hours ago, weepywall said:

That photo has been doing the rounds, a Bradford fan said " I hope they are not planning to come to Bradford on Saturday...we will all be frightened to go" ?

Christ. The "firm" I work for can make the rest of us look like a comedy act on occasions with it's last minute changes of direction at frequent intervals....and then there's this. Shakin' like a shittin' dog? Not!!

13 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I always thought they made Cub Scouts wear uniform on official trips? :)

got to be them.

A Scout group has not paid its rent for 30 years, a review of a council's leases has revealed.

The information came to light after the mayor of the Town Council examined nine lease agreements with business and community groups.

One of the longest cases involved bristol rovers Scouts which appeared not to have paid any rent since 1991.

A motion in 2016 said it should pay in line with rent paid by the bowls club - currently about £770 a year.

At a meeting, councillors were informed agreements had not been reviewed for years, while others had lapsed completely, meaning the council had taken no income from them.

Mayor Philip Leslie, who investigated the leases, said "it did not look very good", the Local Democracy Reporting Service reported.

Councillor Taila Taylor said of the Scouts: "It's my understanding that we've had no income from them to date, but they sub-let, they do birthday parties.

"I'm guessing they're not letting these people use it for free, they're taking money but they're not giving us anything - which I think is ruthless.

"I think we should evict them."

38 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Losing at home to Chelsea children.

And they've lost, 2-1. Lord only knows what the pampered squad of Chelsea U21's made of the Swamp compared to the palatial surroundings of Stamford Bridge, which let's not forget was in its own run down dilapidated state not such a long time ago.....still, I'm sure that nice man Mr Wael has managed to get a watch upgrade this evening if nothing else. Saves us hearing about how many they would've taken to the Bridge.....

Edited by BanburyRed
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Lord only knows what the pampered squad of Chelsea U21's made of the Swamp compared to the palatial surroundings of Stamford Bridge,

This is why Premiership under 21 sides were introduced into this cup. It's not about playing "men's level" football. It's all about showing the young players that if they don't work hard and train like their lives depended on it they could see their playing days expire in shit holes like the Mem. 

If that isn't enough to inspire the next generation of talent I don't know what is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

And they're out, 2-1. Lord only knows what the pampered squad of Chelsea U21's made of the Swamp compared to the palatial surroundings of Stamford Bridge,

I could be wrong but isn’t the competition still in the group stages? 

Either way, losing to a Under 21 side is just the latest in a long line of cup **** ups. 

?

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I could be wrong but isn’t the competition still in the group stages? 

Either way, losing to a Under 21 side is just the latest in a long line of cup **** ups. 

?

I think you might be right......like you say tho, just another cup defeat. Funny as.