IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, StGeorge said:
4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Matches that end in a draw after 90 minutes go to penalties to win an additional point. 

That's just too sensible

Although , thinking about it, a lot of the time, a draw is a fair result. going to penalties in a league game is a lottery for an extra point and would never be accepted in normal football

Just now, StGeorge said:

Although , thinking about it, a lot of the time, a draw is a fair result. going to penalties in a league game is a lottery for an extra point and would never be accepted in normal football

And also we would never be allowed to take penalties at Ashton Gate as they are strictly forbidden in the referees secret code of conduct.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, CiderJar said:

They just can't help themselves...

Caption competitionScreenshot_20211013-053915_Twitter.thumb.jpg.204a9957c5581546fb9b583605a87abb.jpg

No wonder Chelsea fans didn't turn up in their numbers at the Mem tonight. There is no way the Chelsea Headhunters are going to risk mixing it with the Rovers firm. They'd probably carry razors if any of them had started shaving yet!

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, TomF said:

Not bashing them on that personally. The less people who turn up the better. God awful competition ruining what used to be a great lower league event, especially the potential of a wembley trip.   

Funny you should mention a Wembley trip because the other year when they got quite close to the final it was strange how many of them suddenly decided that the competition wasn’t a complete car crash after all. They were making up all sorts of excuses about why they would definitely go to Wembley if they got to the final (most used excuse was that all U21 teams had been eliminated by that stage).

I suppose when you’ve competed in a cup competition over 30 times and never won it whilst knowing that your closest rivals have taken part in half that and are the most successful club in the competitions history, you get desperate?

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

This is why Premiership under 21 sides were introduced into this cup. It's not about playing "men's level" football. It's all about showing the young players that if they don't work hard and train like their lives depended on it they could see their playing days expire in shit holes like the Mem. 

If that isn't enough to inspire the next generation of talent I don't know what is.

*premier league - it hasn’t been called the ‘premiership’ for 14 years - yep, call me a pedant, but it’s just correct to call it the premier league and lazy to decide not to ... apologies for being that guy ??

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Funny you should mention a Wembley trip because the other year when they got quite close to the final it was strange how many of them suddenly decided that the competition wasn’t a complete car crash after all. They were making up all sorts of excuses about why they would definitely go to Wembley if they got to the final (most used excuse was that all U21 teams had been eliminated by that stage).

I suppose when you’ve competed in a cup competition over 30 times and never won it whilst knowing that your closest rivals have taken part in half that and are the most successful club in the competitions history, you get desperate?

Yep @Robbored had probably booked a minibus and everything - he was obviously gutted when his gas mates crashed out, denying him the chance to drive their hordes to “Wembly” ???????

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, CiderJar said:

They just can't help themselves...

Caption competitionScreenshot_20211013-053915_Twitter.thumb.jpg.204a9957c5581546fb9b583605a87abb.jpg

have a look the lad at the back showing his muscle with his fist clench with lad in the grey market £15 stone island hoody wrapping his arm around him.so sweet and good to see them come out the closet and be prowed sorry proud

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Not bashing them on that personally. The less people who turn up the better. God awful competition ruining what used to be a great lower league event, especially the potential of a wembley trip.   

Me either - happy to focus on their pitiful league crowds instead where they’ve yet to breach the 8,000 threshold despite not being able to go for 18 months.

Just want to say congratulations to Chelsea under 21s for winning their cup final tonight. Obviously they all want to play for Rovers, they go to the Mem, they see the fanbase there...and the pitch, they see how much money the Gas players are on and they all want to get away from Stamford Bridge ASAP and play for Horfields biggest club.

#Bartonlogic

#deludedmutants

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Sadly the song is true 'the gas, the gas, you'll never get rid of the gas' as most of their fans in this pic are 13, they will be around for another 70-75 years on average.

I wouldn't worry too much. You can guarantee that they've all got a favourite Premier League team.

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes, I remember it. Didn’t they turn up for their ‘love-in’ bottom buddies from the North East, Sunderland?

I’m surprised that they didn’t go ahead with their open top bus tour of Kingswood anyway, like they did for their massive achievement of finishing 2nd in non-league football.

Being the most hypocritical bunch of melts on the planet they go from ‘boycotting’ to saying “Well this is different, it’s for the kids”……….Yes, that would be the over 50 bald headed tote end monkey spanking neanderthal kids then!

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Sadly the song is true 'the gas, the gas, you'll never get rid of the gas' as most of their fans in this pic are 13, they will be around for another 70-75 years on average.

I'm sure that pic was doing the rounds a few years ago so maybe 65-70 years, and thats only if they carry on going once their parents arent buying their tickets any more ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

I'm sure that pic was doing the rounds a few years ago so maybe 65-70 years, and thats only if they carry on going once their parents arent buying their tickets any more ?

That firm got together at infant school, they used to bash other kids on the head with their Sherbet Dippers

10 hours ago, big dosser said:

have a look the lad at the back showing his muscle with his fist clench with lad in the grey market £15 stone island hoody wrapping his arm around him.so sweet and good to see them come out the closet and be prowed sorry proud

And little matey sat in front of them with his curly quiff, hood up and also with his little fist clenched. The absolute gift ....