IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

You’re comparing it to the semi finals of the League Cup against one of the best teams in Europe at a ground we’ve never visited before and may never visit again....ok

Yes,  our away support is shite because a lot of people only come out to watch us play prem teams . You don’t see those same fans away at millwall , Middlesbrough or blackburn.

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We’re Swindon, Oldham and Bradford in the Premier League as recently as 2 years ago?

Wednesday and Forest are huge clubs no matter what division they’re in.

I shouldn’t have to explain this to an adult.

Ok so Brentford are a bigger club than Middlesbrough, Cardiff and Swansea then .

1 minute ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Yes,  our away support is shite because a lot of people only come out to watch us play prem teams . You don’t see those same fans away at millwall , Middlesbrough or blackburn.

So our away support is “shite” because we take more to a League Cup Semi Final at the Etihad than we do to grounds we play at every season in the League. What a bizarre argument, in that case everyone’s away support is shite. ?

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Ok so Brentford are a bigger club than Middlesbrough, Cardiff and Swansea then .

No. I think you’ve completely misunderstood the post.

I’ll ask you this question then. Bournemouth are bringing 2500 to AG tomorrow, do you think they would’ve brought 2500 if they hadn’t recently been in the Premier League? I’m not saying that Bournemouth are a bigger club than City, just that their away support numbers are undoubtedly inflated by recent successes. 

Im sorry if I didn’t spell this out clearly enough for you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

So our away support is “shite” because we take more to a League Cup Semi Final at the Etihad than we do to grounds we play at every season in the League. What a bizarre argument, in that case everyone’s away support is shite. ?

I give up , our away support is shite and I was saying it’s funny how we can sell 8000 away at Man City ( which we would of done if it was the first round and not semis ) and then struggle to sell 900 at Bradford for a promotion game in one of the clubs best ever seasons .

1 minute ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I give up , our away support is shite and I was saying it’s funny how we can sell 8000 away at Man City ( which we would of done if it was the first round and not semis ) and then struggle to sell 900 at Bradford for a promotion game in one of the clubs best ever seasons .

It’s not funny, you’re literally describing the support of 75% of clubs outside the Premier League. Are you new to football?

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Most would...because you say so. You’re entitled to your opinion but I think you’re wrong. Had it been promotion to the Prem I dare say we probably would’ve sold out. As a Championship/L1 yo yo club for most of our history this wasn’t as huge a game as I think you’re making out. 

You’re comparing it to the semi finals of the League Cup against one of the best teams in Europe at a ground we’ve never visited before and may never visit again....ok

One thing to bear in mind with that Bradford game is, we were away to Preston (who were second) on the Saturday before that Tuesday night game. I'm sure plenty would have prioritised that game over the Bradford game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

One thing to bear in mind with that Bradford game is, we were away to Preston (who were second) on the Saturday before that Tuesday night game. I'm sure plenty would have prioritised that game over the Bradford game.

That is a great point.

We had a very ‘embarrassing’ 2500 fans at that match.

Dear oh dear, what are we like eh? Tut.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bigger club compared to most?

Forest, Derby, Sheffield Utd, Boro, Birmingham City, Coventry, West Brom, Stoke, Fulham are all bigger clubs. You could argue that Huddersfield, Blackburn are as well. We’re not ‘bigger’ than QPR, Swansea, Cardiff, Preston, Hull, Barnsley and Millwall. Bournemouth have recent Premier League history.

What does that leave us with?

Sixth or seventh biggest in the league as per number of fans. Definitely top 10.

Way bigger (not even close) than Blackburn (about 9k fans ), PNE, Bournemouth, QPR, Swansea, Barnsley, Hull, Millwall. Pretty on par with Caerdydd, Coventry, a bit smaller than Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Stoke, a lot smaller than Forest, Derby, Sheff Utd.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

Difference has between the 2 clubs is clear they **** on about how great there away support is whilst we argue between ourselves wether our away support is shit or just ok! 
when our away support is miles better than theirs!

Our home support is miles better than theirs but there really isn’t a lot of difference in terms of away support .

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Our home support is miles better than theirs but there really isn’t a lot of difference in terms of away support .

About 400/500 more than theirs on average if you look at the actual figures each season.

Considering our away support is apparently shit beyond belief and theirs is ‘amazing’ you’d think it would be the other way around? 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, you’re alright, the England kit he had on is from 25 years ago ... the Euro 96 kit we wore against Germany ...

That was my initial thought but he was talking about the kiddie behind him with the round neck shirt on which is from 2020 at the latest

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Really?

313 - Bristol Rovers fans at Hartlepool United (273 miles Sat)
430 - Bristol City fans at Middlesbrough (263 miles Sat)

1,051 -  Bristol Rovers fans at Exeter City (80 miles Sat)
2,100 - Bristol City fans at Reading (77 miles Tues)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

31 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Really?

Additionally, West Brom away. City sold out 2,000 allocation 3 weeks before the match.

Rovers at Walsall (virtually same distance) took nowhere near that amount

Another small factor is league 2 match tickets will on average be cheaper than Championship tickets 

• Flames 1

36 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Really?

I don’t think we would take any more than 400 to Hartlepool if we ever went down to league two . 

Also they sold out Exeter away , the away team are given a max of just over 1000 Tickets after Segregation.

23 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Also stop making excuses about the distance we have poor away support and most other teams we play will tell you the same

I think you’ll find it’s above average actually. If we were to divide by miles travelled it’d be even better.

3AA5A5EC-1930-4113-B6C5-CA446B82FE06.png

Edited by Marcus Aurelius