IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I was chatting to a Boro fan a few seasons ago who was complaining about the evening kickoff for Sky given how far they had to travel for an away game.

I goes, “Mate, I had a 16-hour round trip by plane to get to this home game so forgive me if I don’t have much sympathy for you.” ?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Can we stop arguing about sag attendances and get back to the reason we're all here please?

Let's carry on ripping the piss out of them.....

OK. The Sags are priced at 8 to 1 to be promoted. For those who don't understand betting - if you bet £10 you will lose £10 ?

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

It’s shit for team who gets our home attendances (pre COVID anyway)

Instead of saying “shit”, why don’t you say “nothing special” or “pretty average”? I think most of us would agree with that.

Chanting away “we’re shit, we’re ******* shit, our fans suck, we wouldn’t do this, we wouldn’t do that...” like some demented, 15 year old troll on Facebook doesn’t do you any favours in my opinion.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

We'll be sixth or seventh in the home attendances. No one near that in away attendances.

We are a bigger club compared to most currently at this level and for that, our away support is shite.

I don't think you would hear a City fan saying anything different CC87, our away numbers aren't great, whereas the 'massive' up the A38 bang on constantly about their support even though, we, everyone else and themselves know it's distinctly average.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

No. I think you’ve completely misunderstood the post.

I’ll ask you this question then. Bournemouth are bringing 2500 to AG tomorrow, do you think they would’ve brought 2500 if they hadn’t recently been in the Premier League? I’m not saying that Bournemouth are a bigger club than City, just that their away support numbers are undoubtedly inflated by recent successes. 

Im sorry if I didn’t spell this out clearly enough for you.

The 2500 will make more noise than our 20000 home fans. The atmosphere at AG is dire and has been for a few years now. Its an old argument I know but the away fans must be moved from the Atyeo and our fans placed back there. I'm sure that's a lot to do with our home form.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marmite said:

The 2500 will make more noise than our 20000 home fans. The atmosphere at AG is dire and has been for a few years now. Its an old argument I know but the away fans must be moved from the Atyeo and our fans placed back there. I'm sure that's a lot to do with our home form.

Agree.

In fairness you would expect 2500 away fans to make more noise than the home fans at most games. Many times when we’ve had 2500+ at away matches I’ve read comments about us making more noise than the home fans (even when we’ve had less than that).

Atmosphere is dire at times at AG though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, marmite said:

Pretty much every person involved in the singing section on this forum complained bitterly about how poor the sound was from the Atyeo when they were in there, now we have people moaning they want to go back?

Anyway, going back to the Bradford City away attendance, fair play if they can get close to it but I doubt the team will match the performance on the pitch.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Eh?!

I wouldn’t rather we had a lower home attendance just saying for a team who gets our home support our away if poor compared to others with the same support . 

i put that as everytime Someone says something opinionated you seem to show up getting triggered 

Edited by Wiltshire robin

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Pretty much every person involved in the singing section on this forum complained bitterly about how poor the sound was from the Atyeo when they were in there, now we have people moaning they want to go back?

Anyway, going back to the Bradford City away attendance, fair play if they can get close to it but I doubt the team will match the performance on the pitch.

The sags could only wish for a team as good as that. Tavernier, Flint, Pack, Freeman, Wilbraham (who I assume the sags were hoping Clarke, Pitman and the other aging strikers would be like), Bryan etc that team was one of the best league one teams ever in the last 10 years easily.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I wouldn’t rather we had a lower home attendance just saying for a team who gets our home support our away if poor compared to others with the same support . 

i put that as everytime Someone says something opinionated you seem to show up getting triggered 

Triggered? About you? Don’t delude yourself ‘robin’. Just replying to your ‘opinionated’ view as it’s bullshit. As per….

Edited by lenred

9 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Do you travel away?

2 hours ago, marmite said:

You say that as if we are some anomaly - whenever there is a decent visiting turnout the home support are going to be hopelessly outsung. There’s been debates about how to improve the atmosphere at SG since time out of mind. This isn’t a phenomenon that has sprung up from refurbishing the stadium, nor even going all seater. Our ground has never been known as a cauldron of noise - the fact we remember games like Man Utd, Palace, Hartlepool, Chelsea, Liverpool, the Gash in 1991 or 1993 is because those times when the ground has been absolutely bouncing have been few and far between.

Our 2000ish easily outsang Reading and Cardiff this season - what should they do to address their abysmal atmospheres - relocate to Elm Park and Ninian respectively?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Son of Nob said:

Rovers… what a bunch of pricks, eh?

Just trying to navigate SS PhallusWag back on course.

I preferred when this topic was “hot” because of tin pottery, not the above shit.

? We got more fans than you!!!

Why bother?  This takes us back down to their level.

Anyway... BCFC v BRFC

That's a blast from the past!

17 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

got to be one of my best best away games ever, coypal.   feel sorry for the fans that couldnt get tickets 

Edited by Jim Davey

From todays match program..1984 the last game of the season, Chester away. "A 3,000 strong travelling Red Army saw Morgan put CITY ahead

just just after the half hour."  City were in the basement, not bad for Chester away in the basement league. I wonder how many other teams have equalled that. 

19 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I don’t think we would take any more than 400 to Hartlepool if we ever went down to league two . 

Also they sold out Exeter away , the away team are given a max of just over 1000 Tickets after Segregation.

My point is.... we're not in League Two so there is no comparison other than distance.

Edited by CiderJar

19 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

My point is.... we're not in League Two so there is no comparison other than distance.

I don’t really think the league matters, it’s more so the form. We took 5000 to MK Dons in League One when we were flying high. I doubt we’d take 1/3 of that to Watford if we were bottom of the Prem.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 1