IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sounds - from that tweet - that Rovers ran in to the pub to avoid the police and/or Newport.

So either they are indeed the peaceful family club they claim to be, or they ran away*.

*Which, to be fair, is what I would do, but having no interest in football violence, I wouldn't have then stood by the window of the pub pretending I was well up for a scrap.

They were probably licking the windows...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Just in case any of you thought Jailbird Joey is just a misunderstood soul, here is a quote from today. 

“Someone gets in and does well for a game and then has a holocaust, a nightmare, you know an absolute disaster”

If they had any morals (ha ha!) this would be a sackable offence, even without his shit results.

• Like 4

I hate the muppet as much as the next man but I don’t see too much reason to get up in arms here.

Some Stoke fans refer to their dreadful 84/85 campaign as their Holocaust season. 

There’s plenty of things to skewer Sharton over more than an arguably iffy choice of words.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I don’t think that’s a justification for use of the term in a footballing context. It just means that Stokies have got it wrong too. 

Personally I wouldn’t use that term in a footballing sense, but I don’t think it’s worth losing our s*** over. 

Just heard a re-run of Joey’s Radio Bristol interview - can’t believe he said their ‘fans turned out in huge numbers again’ and then he said ‘the players are still lacking in confidence because of things that had gone on before’ - still blaming the previous managers after all this time!!!! Unbelievable guff from their manager - oh well ...

38 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Personally I wouldn’t use that term in a footballing sense, but I don’t think it’s worth losing our s*** over. 

What's that word that describes the rape & molestation of young children...? So I can use it to apply to Simpson back pass today... 

No, on second thoughts, maybe I won't. 

Want to have a guess as to why...?! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just heard a re-run of Joey’s Radio Bristol interview - can’t believe he said their ‘fans turned out in huge numbers again’ and then he said ‘the players are still lacking in confidence because of things that had gone on before’ - still blaming the previous managers after all this time!!!! Unbelievable guff from their manager - oh well ...

I couldn’t believe it when I heard him blame the previous management again, in saying that it’s the only thing worth listening to on Radio Bristol after the game as it brings a smile to my face, absolutely no interests in what the Yeovil manager has to say (who is apart from a few hundred down in deepest South Somerset) Bath rugby is fine for all their fans in West Wiltshire, don’t get me started on Ian and dear old John, he repeats the same thing after every away game (we’re not very good) by the time NP comes on i’ve had enough and switched off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

I was just going to add that the extra money would come in useful after the summer you had. Can’t hate Swindon as my dad was born there so we have some good banter.

I've been to many Swindon v City games since the late 70's and still the biggest game for me and much more enjoyable than playing the Gas, Oxford and Reading. Did you ever get to go to any games with your Dad?

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Far be it from me to defend any manager from the dark side……but there’s a fair few posters on other threads here blaming previous managers and CEOs for where we are after a similar length of time.

I still think he talks bollocks though! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Far be it from me to defend any manager from the dark side……but there’s a fair few posters on other threads here blaming previous managers and CEOs for where we are after a similar length of time.

But then we haven’t signed a completely new squad like JB has!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Difference is NP isn’t blaming LJ/DH/MA for our current failings. Some fans are I agree, but fans (City or Rovers) pay their money so are entitled to moan. Jailbird Joey has signed 11 players (an entire team) so to blame previous managers is rather pathetic. 

8 minutes ago, INCRED said:

But then we haven’t signed a completely new squad like JB has!

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Difference is NP isn’t blaming LJ/DH/MA for our current failings. Some fans are I agree, but fans (City or Rovers) pay their money so are entitled to moan. Jailbird Joey has signed 11 players (an entire team) so to blame previous managers is rather pathetic. 

I know…..my comment was a bit tongue in cheek. It was just something that struck me having spent half an hour reading other threads where the issue of previous managers and their legacy features heavily! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, italian dave said:

That’s complete bollocks . This is a laugh at rovers thread so I don’t want to derail it. How you can compare the two though is utter shite. The state we are in currently is completely down to Lansdown & Ashton upping the wage bill but reducing quality. Please don’t respond on this thread but join the other ones on this if you want to talk complete rubbish. 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

That’s complete bollocks . This is a laugh at rovers thread so I don’t want to derail it. How you can compare the two though is utter shite. The state we are in currently is completely down to Lansdown & Ashton upping the wage bill but reducing quality. Please don’t respond on this thread but join the other ones on this if you want to talk complete rubbish. 

Calm down, see my post above.

You surely can’t deny that there’s a certain irony in this board being full of posts doing precisely what you’re doing above, blaming where we are on a previous CEO, and then poking fun at the rovers manager for doing just that.

Im not making judgements about the validity of either because like you I don’t want to derail this thread.

• Like 1

Just now, italian dave said:

Calm down, see my post above.

You surely can’t deny that there’s a certain irony in this board being full of posts doing precisely what you’re doing above, blaming where we are on a previous CEO, and then poking fun at the rovers manager for doing just that.

Im not making judgements about the validity of either because like you I don’t want to derail this thread.

But you give me no choice but to comment. NP has to unravel a mess created by Lansdown & Ashton . He’s got rid of 12 or so players & brought in 4 . It’s going to take years to correct the shit show but NP doesn’t blame anyone else & as soon as he came in said it was his team & his players . Unlike that scouse **** that has blamed everyone else but himself, took a photo of the suspension bridge on Instagram & sad “ not here to compete , here to  take over “ “ everyone’s cup final” “we’ll definitely get promoted” “ every player in league two wants to play for rovers”  “massive fanbase “ 

He has a completely new squad that he bought but continues to dodge the blame. 
please tell me where the similarities lie . 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

But you give me no choice but to comment. NP has to unravel a mess created by Lansdown & Ashton . He’s got rid of 12 or so players & brought in 4 . It’s going to take years to correct the shit show but NP doesn’t blame anyone else & as soon as he came in said it was his team & his players . Unlike that scouse **** that has blamed everyone else but himself, took a photo of the suspension bridge on Instagram & sad “ not here to compete , here to  take over “ “ everyone’s cup final” “we’ll definitely get promoted” “ every player in league two wants to play for rovers”  “massive fanbase “ 

He has a completely new squad that he bought but continues to dodge the blame. 
please tell me where the similarities lie . 

As I’ve said twice now, my comment was not an analysis of the validity of either Barton’s statement nor those of City fans posting on here (I have never suggested that NP has made such a statement).

The similarities are simply in the fact that Barton blames previous management regimes and some City fans blame previous management regimes. It’s a simple and as shallow as that.

The question as to whether City fans are justified in that view is debated endlessly elsewhere. Whether Barton is justified I really couldn’t give a toss. 

6 minutes ago, YattonCity said:

7515 was the actual attendance not that it matters much. Still low for the sags.

So about 6500 slags in attendance.

Still pathetic for a club who’s fans make out they have a huge fanbase. It’s not like they went into this game on the back of 3 soul destroying defeats or without a win at home for 10 months.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, italian dave said:

As I’ve said twice now, my comment was not an analysis of the validity of either Barton’s statement nor those of City fans posting on here (I have never suggested that NP has made such a statement).

The similarities are simply in the fact that Barton blames previous management regimes and some City fans blame previous management regimes. It’s a simple and as shallow as that.

The question as to whether City fans are justified in that view is debated endlessly elsewhere. Whether Barton is justified I really couldn’t give a toss. 

But we blame Ashton & Lansdown . There are no similarities whatsoever 

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

From the little of gaschat I see, Rovers often blame Lansdown too.

(And yes, that’s my idea of a joke).?

I have gas mates . Lansdown really does live rent free in their heads. They genuinely think all rovers troubles are our fault . It’s brilliant to witness in person ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3