IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 hours ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

Jesus Christ... I know the guy's a **** but you should never describe something as a holocaust especially a players performance.

Having been forced to attend a religious school I appreciate the term 'Holocaust' predates it's post-war appropriation by historians by several thousand years.

I'm told Barton is prone to make holocaust one or more players after a game, both in the sense of them becoming sacrificial offerings or (pushing his incorrect usage to its limits,) consuming them with his fiery vective. Problem here is simply one of catachresis. An incorrect use of the term in any of its definitions. Freudians might conclude this misuse betrayed the 'sacrifices' and 'ritual slaughters' Joey was about to make post interview.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

So about 6500 slags in attendance.

Still pathetic for a club who’s fans make out they have a huge fanbase. It’s not like they went into this game on the back of 3 soul destroying defeats or without a win at home for 10 months.

Their latest #gaslogic justification for their amaaaazing support is “well, Colchester only get 2,500”. Which is the problem in a nutshell. If they were to say “our support is decent for a terrible side in Div 4”, we would find very little to snigger at. It is the perpetual assertion that there support is “massive” or in any way remarkable which generates all the comedy. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Having been forced to attend a religious school I appreciate the term 'Holocaust' predates it's post-war appropriation by historians by several thousand years.

I'm told Barton is prone to make holocaust one or more players after a game, both in the sense of them becoming sacrificial offerings or (pushing his incorrect usage to its limits,) consuming them with his fiery vective. Problem here is simply one of catachresis. An incorrect use of the term in any of its definitions. Freudians might conclude this misuse betrayed the 'sacrifices' and 'ritual slaughters' Joey was about to make post interview.

So, to follow that through…

Barton is either

a) A student of Ancient History, or

b) An ignorant, insensitive ****t

Vote NOW…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

For me, he’s trying to get fired.

Saying weird stuff is part of it; get himself slung in way that means he gets paid off before he maybe gets the boot for a conviction, that might save the club from having to folk out.

Either way; no chance he’s there till the end of the season, more’s the pity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I've been to many Swindon v City games since the late 70's and still the biggest game for me and much more enjoyable than playing the Gas, Oxford and Reading. Did you ever get to go to any games with your Dad?

Only Ashton Gate. FA Cup 1990. He didn’t get back to Swindon much after he came to Bristol buddy.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

So, to follow that through…

Barton is either

a) A student of Ancient History, or

b) An ignorant, insensitive ****t

Vote NOW…

I don't think he's either.

I think he's an uneducated felon doing excellent work in his present community service tenure.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, samo II said:

For me, he’s trying to get fired.

Saying weird stuff is part of it; get himself slung in way that means he gets paid off before he maybe gets the boot for a conviction, that might save the club from having to folk out.

Either way; no chance he’s there till the end of the season, more’s the pity.

Can you receive a pay off for a position you claim you are doing for free?

• Haha 1

How long before Special Agent Barton gets rumbled as being on Steve Lansdown's payroll?

Surely they will figure it out soon ...

Manager P Division(s) W % D % L %
Clarke 246 4th, 5th, 4th to 3rd 104 42% 56 23% 86 35%
Coughlan 56 3rd 25 45% 18 32% 13 23%
Garner 33 3rd 6 18% 10 30% 17 52%
Tisdale 19 3rd 5 26% 3 16% 11 58%
Barton 35 3rd to 4th 8 23% 5 14% 22 63%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

How long before Special Agent Barton gets rumbled as being on Steve Lansdown's payroll?

Hence his statement he`s doing it for free. Wally`s not paying him but the rosy cheeked lady garden is.

4 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

What the hell is the 5th division?

Edited by Port Said Red

9 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Their latest #gaslogic justification for their amaaaazing support is “well, Colchester only get 2,500”. Which is the problem in a nutshell. If they were to say “our support is decent for a terrible side in Div 4”, we would find very little to snigger at. It is the perpetual assertion that there support is “massive” or in any way remarkable which generates all the comedy. 

Just wait till it starts getting cold.  There will be so few of the fewers that you will be able to count them.

I wonder what the real attendance was minus away supporters and those who had tickets but did not attend.

It's been a few weeks since Joey assaulted his Mrs or anyone else, so I'm sure another display of aggression is due - with his history and with cases pending, I guess he would be remanded in custody until the trial as he's a danger to society, the bloke seems like an absolute headcase to me.  When is he up before the beak anyway, it all seems to have gone a bit quiet on that front.

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies if someone has already highlighted this - but we can’t ignore another laughable milestone provided by our neighbours - last Friday was the 44th anniversary of Spurs 9 Sags 0 - I raised a Malbec and grinned for most of the evening - that was a great memory - especially as Colin Lee bagged 3 - cheers!

Your Malbec tainted your memory, Colin Lee scored four, his debut as well

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, harrys said:

Your Malbec tainted your memory, Colin Lee scored four, his debut as well

Cheers H - thanks for pointing that out - I remembered a short while after posting but too late to edit - Moores got 3 didn’t he? And Hoddle and Taylor one each? If I’ve got all that wrong it’s time to get off the Malbec!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...