IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

25 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Nah.

Wimbledon are League 1.

I haven’t seen it but I hope he wasn’t offside.

Reason....

F2E153E0-BAC0-49CA-99DA-EAAF2EBF3BA6.jpeg

I suspect it may have been mentioned on here previously, but does anybody see the resemblance to Luke Freeman, (fairly) recently of this parish?

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Haha 2

Presumably their fans will want Wally to take Gary Neville  to court for some reason after last night.

Thats the beauty of the Few though - we go as low as you can get getting bummed by 10 men so they just go and concede and throw a simple win away against 9……….and a minority on here wonder why this thread exists.

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Laughably shit.

To think because they won a game recently there were some on here saying they’d beat us.

Pub team.

Who said that? Someone who clearly has anger issues….

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Gotta be honest, that is cracking midweek away support.

That is great midweek away support. Worth bearing in mind though it’s their first time at Salford so a new ground to visit.
I went to Salford with a Plymouth mate for a Tuesday night match in Feb 19 and they took over a thousand. 

The accounts for the Memorial Stadium Company have now been filed as the accounts for a dormant company showing £1.6m gross, £0.9m net assets at 30 June 2020; the striking off procedure has been cancelled.

So again the late filing of accounts looks to be as a result of incompetence rather than a deliberate choice to wind up a company with no assets as was being claimed.

They do like their late filing fines up at the "Mem".

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03536554/filing-history

• Like 1

"I’ve said to them in the dressing room, if they don’t get ship shape and sharpish, they will be leaving this building as soon as the window opens in January. We’re just not having it anymore.

"The amateur hour of Bristol Rovers is over. We’re the not f****** about group. That’s what I am. I don’t have any b******* from any players. Didn’t have any at Fleetwood and I don’t intend to have any here."

2 hours ago, MrBibs said:

That is great midweek away support. Worth bearing in mind though it’s their first time at Salford so a new ground to visit.

Exactly this.

This is the reason they take 690 to Salford midweek but only 350 to Rochdale on a Saturday in League 1 three months before Covid.

That’s not a criticism, we’re exactly the same. Take 600 to Wolves on a Tuesday night but can’t wait to sell out our 4k allocation at Villa Park a few months later.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, myol'man said:

1740-692 = 1,048

That can't be the home attendance surely?

How can they sustain a league club on crowds as low as that? ?

Or the away attendance has been miscalculated....wouldn't be the first time, some photos I've seen from last night certainly didn't look like nearly 700 pikeys there.

34 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Or the away attendance has been miscalculated....wouldn't be the first time, some photos I've seen from last night certainly didn't look like nearly 700 pikeys there.

Their last few home league games are as follows...

Exeter 1,892 (incl. 472 away)
Rochdale 2,173 (973 away)
Hartlepool 2,448 (incl. 1,019 away)
Northampton 2,037 (incl. 677 away)

The lowest home attendance there was vs Rochdale and that was still 1200 which means either the gas are such a massive draw that it has lowered their worst home support by about 10% or the number of away fans has been overstated. It's not yet listed on the results page on their website.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Gotta be honest, that is cracking midweek away support.

Direct train from Bristol. Easy access to Salford via the trams below the platform at Piccadilly.  Plus the likelihood that most of that lot will be based in Manchester or the north-west. 

Fairly mediocre midweek support when you consider that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Their last few home league games are as follows...

Exeter 1,892 (incl. 472 away)
Rochdale 2,173 (973 away)
Hartlepool 2,448 (incl. 1,019 away)
Northampton 2,037 (incl. 677 away)

The lowest home attendance there was vs Rochdale and that was still 1200 which means either the gas are such a massive draw that it has lowered their worst home support by about 10% or the number of away fans has been overstated. It's not yet listed on the results page on their website.

you are all wrong, the bloke that got caught taking cash to let  the sags in works there now. probs more like 2000 home fans last night, and i wouldnt be  surprised if some of them quarterz was blackburns

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Malago said:

Joey in the Dock tomorrow.  Kick off 10 am, Sheffield Crown Court.  

“Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury how do you find the defendant, Guilty or Not Guilty”

”Guilty as sin My’Lud” 

Which case is this?