IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

30 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

The mighty Gash are not happy that some plucky nobody is allowed to even grace the same pitch as their all stars.

Who wants to tell them the farmers pub team are currently  6 points clear at the top and 17 points above HMS Piss The League.

96B93541-27A0-4038-A33D-66D73091EC1F.jpeg

The ****** cheek of these *****  !  At least FG have stands made of steel, bricks and mortar, not 20 yards of knicker elastic ! I wonder if they are related to Shaun (ban amateurs) Murphy ?

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Nice to see that the Gas continue to prove they're the worst EFL team in Gloucestershire. They're even worse than us in their failure to win despite having a numerical advantage on the pitch. That's twice this season now. 

Didn't they also draw with the mighty Barrow, despite having a man advantage for an hour..? 

28 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just been over to slagchat and one of the banner adds at the top of the page is for 25% discount on City & Bears merch......................................................

Umm, I think you might find that has more to do with the cookies on your device than their website. :)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

He's always worth a listen....unlucky then says they are miles away from the top teams and has a little dig at Pittman at the end?

Phenomenal it is watching him. Literally cannot stay still and ticking for a dig all the time.

I hope they are in infinite disarray but have to wonder what guys like Brett Pitman think of a time-bomb like this guy.

I have played with, and for some head-cases and it was not always fun (was sometimes) but this clown is something else.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Their opponents seem to have a mystifyingly high number of sendings off, does jailbird Joey still think there is some conspiracy against them?

9 hours ago, marmite said:

Will the gas get their weekly pen too?

Obviously I have no affection for the gas whatsoever but everyone seems to think that Rovers’ opponents get red cards every week and Rovers get awarded a penalty every week - the reality this season is that Rovers have had more players sent off than any other league two team and they’ve only been awarded one penalty ... I apologise as I know this doesn’t fit in with the widely held perceptions on here but I just thought some facts would provide a bit of balance ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Obviously I have no affection for the gas whatsoever but everyone seems to think that Rovers’ opponents get red cards every week and Rovers get awarded a penalty every week - the reality this season is that Rovers have had more players sent off than any other league two team and they’ve only been awarded one penalty ... I apologise as I know this doesn’t fit in with the widely held perceptions on here but I just thought some facts would provide a bit of balance ...

They’ve still seen 5 opponents sent off which is also

more than any other team

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Bartons interviews are comedy gold, a couple of weeks back he was saying that "Rovers are on a journey that will end in promotion, the rest of the league are aware of their improving form and their fanbase is the best in the division bar no one" now they are "light years away from Forest Green"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Bartons interviews are comedy gold, a couple of weeks back he was saying that "Rovers are on a journey that will end in promotion, the rest of the league are aware of their improving form and their fanbase is the best in the division bar no one" now they are "light years away from Forest Green"?

The beauty is though, they are actually way behind Forest Green Rovers, on & off the pitch..! 

FGR have a progressive owner with a vision, who invests in his plans yet keeps them sustainable, and they are currently running away with the league.

Bristol Rovers have an owner with a nice watch and a Go Outdoors membership card & are struggling to manage back to back wins in the basement league of English football & dream of managing to be the 7th best team amongst that rabble. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, harrys said:

They’ve still seen 5 opponents sent off which is also

more than any other team

Fair enough, if that’s true, but it still shows that the advantage many seem to think that Rovers have on a weekly basis just doesn’t exist - Rovers have had five players sent off against opposing sides this season and, according to you, opposing sides have had five players sent off in games vs the gas - so ‘nothing to see here’ in terms of the way some believe Rovers are somehow ‘favoured’ by referees - and, as I stated above, they’ve only been awarded one penalty this season - so that one falls down too - and it has to be borne in mind that the five opposing players sent off against the gas can be forgiven, after all they were all playing in a Cup Final so were undoubtedly pumped up and full of adrenaline and aggression ... ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, if that’s true, but it still shows that the advantage many seem to think that Rovers have on a weekly basis just doesn’t exist - Rovers have had five players sent off against opposing sides this season and, according to you, opposing sides have had five players sent off in games vs the gas - so ‘nothing to see here’ in terms of the way some believe Rovers are somehow ‘favoured’ by referees - and, as I stated above, they’ve only been awarded one penalty this season - so that one falls down too - and it has to be borne in mind that the five opposing players sent off against the gas can be forgiven, after all they were all playing in a Cup Final so were undoubtedly pumped up and full of adrenaline and aggression ... ?

Correct, adrenaline always runs faster in cup finals, would love to know the stats over the last 30 years or so in regards to penalties and sendings off for against for them, I’m sure i’m not imagining that they seem to get many many more in their favour but maybe not

• Like 1