IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, zippycar said:

If my Googling is correct, then a football pitch, according to FA regulations has dimensions that must fall between being 100-130 yards (90-120m) long and 50-100 yards (45-90m) wide.

In other words, you could potentially have a square pitch!

That’s quite a variance in the width.

don't forget new builds have to have a fair gap between the edge of the playing surface and the front of any stands. 

Another site to gauge their available space.  The O2 in London, is 11 acres, the whole FM site size. Just the dome, not the surrounding area. 

main-qimg-f84be01f2d566a11b266e8ee90e91cf8-c

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

Brentford have squeezed, and I mean squeezed their modern 17,500 seater onto a 7.5 acre site in West London. There's no room for anything else there. Even reducing to a 10,000 seater would probably take up to 7 acres. Leaves just 4 acres for the other stuff.

@Ska Junkie any way to compare it to FGR's eco-park plans? That's a 5,000 seater plan, much more Gas-friendly.

24 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Barton really is a piece of work isn't he? Quite happy to throw his own players under the bus.

"I'm a man and that is childish behaviour", said the 39 year old 'man'.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-boss-joey-barton-6261467?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=exchange

“He’s gone from Barnsley to Bristol Rovers and before the window closed we were trying to send him back to Barnsley," Barton continued.

"They wouldn’t pick the phone up. They wouldn’t take him back.”

The same Barnsley whose then Head Coach was allegedly assaulted by Barton and for which he’s presently on trial. They’ve stitched him up - it’s called retribution, Joey. They’ve seen you off la. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, phantom said:

The prosecution solicitor was unwell so applied for a adjournment until tomorrow. 

Apparently not covid so fully expected to finish tomorrow with jury being set to make decision still tomorrow 

Only know this as saw report on sky sports news this morning 

So by that reckoning, Barton isn't going to give evidence in his defence then?

I can imagine his Qc saying to him, you'll get destroyed in the box, as the first question from any reasonable barrister would be "Mr Barton, are you a violent man?" Or "Do you have a temper Mr Barton?"

He'd have nowhere to go with that. If he said "No", then game on, with his previous misdemenours; and if he said "Yes, i am violent, and have a temper", then he looks guilty, even my telling the truth.

Hence, i think it very unlikely he will give evidence on his own behalf.

Another direction to the Jury by the Judge about it, on it's way.

12 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not convinced that owning the value of all of the players will be worth much to him. How much do you think he would get if he sold the entire squad as so far as I'm aware they have nobody worth anything.

Cashing in the debt he has secured against the Mem would be a big deal for anyone though.

Losing to Sutton Utd in the cup and having their manager banged up in the same week would be a result though.  Are William Hill giving odds against that double?

They still don't get it with Wael do they?

He hasn't written off £18m of debt. Like SL he's just turned it into shares, that anyone buying the club at a later date will have to buy from him.

Jesus, they really do think he's some sort of saviour still. Even after 10 years of complete inertia on so many projects.

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

They still don't get it with Wael do they?

He hasn't written off £18m of debt. Like SL he's just turned it into shares, that anyone buying the club at a later date will have to buy from him.

Jesus, they really do think he's some sort of saviour still. Even after 10 years of complete inertia on so many projects.

There’s none so blind as those who refuse to see.

12 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Brentford have squeezed, and I mean squeezed their modern 17,500 seater onto a 7.5 acre site in West London. There's no room for anything else there. Even reducing to a 10,000 seater would probably take up to 7 acres. Leaves just 4 acres for the other stuff.

@Ska Junkie any way to compare it to FGR's eco-park plans? That's a 5,000 seater plan, much more Gas-friendly.

https://www.designbuild-network.com/projects/forest-green-rovers-eco-park-stadium/

50 acres according to this, including training pitches and ECO (or should that be EGO?) facilities.

15 hours ago, pongo88 said:

No, but just a football pitch with an average area of grass around it is approx 2 acres, so I guess AG including stands, walkways and car parks must be in the region of 8 to 10 acres. The entire Ashton Vale site was originally 42 acres. The part that wasn’t designated as a town green and was eventually going to be the site of the new ground was 25 acres. 

Another way of looking at it is an acre is approx 70 yards by 70 yards. Parking at the fruit market will probably be limited, but some must be allowed for the team bus and players cars, so say half an acre for parking. Add the pitch and it’s 2.5 acres before any stands are built. As the entire site for everything is only 11 acres, there won’t be much left for the actual stadium buildings 

You are respectfully assuming that their new stands will be static. If they were the "new" concrete type commonly known as canvass then they could easily get 20,000 mongs in there.

• Haha 1

Very very brave (stupid) defence being mounted by Joey. Says there was no form of aggression at all at the final whistle. It is incredibly brave! So brave in fact, I’m struggling to believe it!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-manager-joey-barton-6294079?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Very very brave (stupid) defence being mounted by Joey. Says there was no form of aggression at all at the final whistle. It is incredibly brave! So brave in fact, I’m struggling to believe it!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-manager-joey-barton-6294079?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Wow!!!  Either he is very stupid or has been badly advised or both

34 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Why?  Should he have said there was hostility between them during the match?  Would that have helped his defence?       (Honest question)

20 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Why?  Should he have said there was hostility between them during the match?  Would that have helped his defence?       (Honest question)

Well, one person saw the push but a few others have referenced the animosity at the final whistle is my understanding. It’s much harder to say something didn’t happen when it’s seen by several people - it makes you look like a liar. Which then leads onto the tunnel incident which was seen by fewer people. It’d almost sound more genuine if he had accepted the first part. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Well, one person saw the push but a few others have referenced the animosity at the final whistle is my understanding. It’s much harder to say something didn’t happen when it’s seen by several people - it makes you look like a liar. Which then leads onto the tunnel incident which was seen by fewer people. It’d almost sound more genuine if he had accepted the first part. 

Particularly as there is camera footage from a phone with Barton saying "stop being such a ****". 

Open and shut case, surely? Witness saying he saw Barton do it, Stendel had injuries, Barton in denial there was any animosity despite evidence to the contrary. Bang him up

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Particularly as there is camera footage from a phone with Barton saying "stop being such a ****". 

Open and shut case, surely? Witness saying he saw Barton do it, Stendel had injuries, Barton in denial there was any animosity despite evidence to the contrary. Bang him up

Give the bastard Life.............................

• Like 3

• Admin

Sky sports news just reported from outside the court, all over for today

JB gave 1 hour 45 minutes of answers this afternoon to cross examination, in complete denial about causing the injury, but admitted using "industrial language"

Closing speeches at 10:30am tomorrow before judge will send jury out to decide, that should start about lunchtime

So this should be over in time for him to take a beating from Sutton United or the judge will say "take him down".

When is he likely to be tried for assaulting his wife?  Unfortunately, the judge will not be able to take this into account, though of course he has to take into account his previous convictions from which he has not learnt his lesson.

I wonder who is paying for his defence. Those QCs don't come cheap.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

55 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

"Barton, now in charge of League Two side Bristol Rovers, also told a jury of six women and five men there had been no hostility towards Stendel."

Why is the jury only 11 people? Did I miss something?

• Admin
6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

"Barton, now in charge of League Two side Bristol Rovers, also told a jury of six women and five men there had been no hostility towards Stendel."

Why is the jury only 11 people? Did I miss something?

One was dismissed from the jury earlier in the week 

• Thanks 1