IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It was hardly an exciting draw for either club hence the crowd of 4300 of which over 2000 were from Swindon which is pretty decent considering it's not a local Derby, close to Xmas, Orient & Barrow away next week and we play them again in the league in two weeks time.

It’s up the road mate. Hardly Hartlepool is it 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It was hardly an exciting draw for either club hence the crowd of 4300 of which over 2000 were from Swindon which is pretty decent considering it's not a local Derby, close to Xmas, Orient & Barrow away next week and we play them again in the league in two weeks time.

Rovers love going there. They get quite excited. I think it's an opportunity for them to feel "big," to feel like big boys with the safety in numbers of 2k, a chance to puff their chests out and congratulate themselves on their "massive" following. And not get (much) of a kicking/maybe give a few locals a kicking, should numbers be in their favour.

Perhaps being kind you might call it "enthusiasm," something we ran out of years ago, certainly for trips to places like Walsall /the West Midlands. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Rovers love going there. They get quite excited. I think it's an opportunity for them to feel "big," to feel like big boys with the safety in numbers of 2k, a chance to puff their chests out and congratulate themselves on their "massive" following. And not get (much) of a kicking/maybe give a few locals a kicking, should numbers be in their favour.

Perhaps being kind you might call it "enthusiasm," something we ran out of years ago, certainly for trips to places like Walsall /the West Midlands. 

I may be wrong but I'm sure they only took around 1200-1400 when they played them a couple of months ago so maybe their fanbase is dwindling?

3 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

PLEASE Stop It, I still have nightmares about Dave Kelly ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

No but we're talking about the opposition isn't a massive draw and that we don't have a massive fanbase compaired to BCFC 

Mate , we don’t have a massive fanbase . Compared to many int the championship our fanbase is bang average. 
my point is it’s a easy away ground to get too plus it’s a way out of Christmas shopping with the missus . Surprised you didn’t take more in that respect ?