IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

That would be great playing you In the  refurbished Ashton Gate and sure to be a great atmosphere 

If it should happen I look forward to discussing it with you when you start the....

Basement Swindle Dustbin Thread.

It would be a shame to clog up the Sags very own thread with even more 4th division rubbish.

I'm out!

Edited by 42nite

I don't want the Gas in the cup, what would be the point?

We win = we're expected to, we get no credit.

We lose = They get bragging rights for the next 20 years, why give them the chance?

On the field we have to play a strong side, risking injuries and losing the chance to rest players.

Off the field, the high probability of violence, in which the Gasheads will portray themselves as victims and the local media will lap up. Potential fines for the club etc, which would probably negate the benefits of the bigger gate.

The fanzone would have to be suspended for the game.

I see no upside to a FA Cup derby game.

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We lose = They get bragging rights for the next 20 years, why give them the chance?

On the field we have to play a strong side, risking injuries and losing the chance to rest players.

Off the field, the high probability of violence, in which the Gasheads will portray themselves as victims and the local media will lap up. Potential fines for the club etc, which would probably negate the benefits of the bigger gate.

Exactly. We have everything to lose and nothing to gain.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

4456 at Cherbobyl yesterday for their FA Cup tie against Sutton Utd.

That would just about fill our smallest stand ?

Yep & if they did draw us, they’d claim double that would want tickets.

Couldn’t muster 5000 yesterday from the blue “half” of the city.

Tinpot.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Even worse if you played them at their place as away numbers would be reduced on police advice.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Oh I didn't realise that. My sympathies are with you, your family and anyone who has to visit you. 

Travel 3 miles away from the the town centre it's really quite nice that's why so many new families have moved here and bought new houses for thousands less than they can in neighbouring counties with good links to London, South West & the Midlands. Also it's not the small railway town it was renowned for with a population of 225,000 and growing fast.

Edited by Shaun Taylor

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

You can bet that their thug of a manager would be reminding his cloggers that they can be hero’s amongst the gurning slag fewers just by putting Williams, James and/or Baker out of action for a few more months. 

Horrible maggots.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Travel 3 miles away from the the town centre it's really quite nice that's why so many new families have moved here and bought new houses for thousands less than they can in neighbouring counties with good links to London, South West & the Midlands. Also it's not the small railway town it was renowned for with a population of 225,000 and growing fast.

Yeah, maybe so but it's still Swindon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

So basically, if you leave Swindon, its not all that bad..?! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Not if you go in a circle?

I once went in a circle for ever and ever in Swindon.  On the magic roundabout. One of Swindon’s major attractions. It was like something from a science fiction film. Once you’re drawn in you can’t escape 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

100k! ?

Newcastle were the best team in the country at the time - it was just the league table that disagreed, placing them in 4th place that season. Behind Blackpool. 

Or did he mean the following season - when they finished 8th..?!

Perhaps he meant the following season..... When they finished 16th.....

Or the season after that - when they finished 15th...?!

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Newcastle were the best team in the country at the time - it was just the league table that disagreed, placing them in 4th place that season. Behind Blackpool. 

Or did he mean the following season - when they finished 8th..?!

Perhaps he meant the following season..... When they finished 16th.....

Or the season after that - when they finished 15th...?!

Sorry but the best team finish 1st not 4th