IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 01/12/2021 at 07:47, Bristol Rob said:

So another gun jumped? "Next week" was 2 weeks ago and the silence is deafening. Maybe it will be announced as a Xmas present?

I know, I know, Wael of Fortune says "these things take time", but even the most loyal Gasheads must be starting to feel like those people who follow cult leaders into caves on the promise of the world ending tomorrow?

The End Is Nigh Corona GIF by INTO ACT!ON

56 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So another gun jumped? "Next week" was 2 weeks ago and the silence is deafening. Maybe it will be announced as a Xmas present?

I know, I know, Wael of Fortune says "these things take time", but even the most loyal Gasheads must be starting to feel like those people who follow cult leaders into caves on the promise of the world ending tomorrow?

The End Is Nigh Corona GIF by INTO ACT!ON

It’s not a gun jumped, so much as it’s not really in Al Fraudys hands to do anything.  He’s not driving this, it’s a consortium and the stadium is only a piece of it. 

It’s certainly been coming, and has been for a few years. Long before people got wind of it, as I guess you’d expect. 

I’m genuinely fascinated by how this will play out. 

27 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

It’s not a gun jumped, so much as it’s not really in Al Fraudys hands to do anything.  He’s not driving this, it’s a consortium and the stadium is only a piece of it. 

It’s certainly been coming, and has been for a few years. Long before people got wind of it, as I guess you’d expect. 

I’m genuinely fascinated by how this will play out. 

This is what I don't understand about the recent story, looking at the 30 year plan on the consortium's website, there is no mention of a stadium, arena or anything of that nature.

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This is what I don't understand about the recent story, looking at the 30 year plan on the consortium's website, there is no mention of a stadium, arena or anything of that nature.

And, as others have said, there barely looks as if there`s room for one on the site.

Yet another R*overs pie-in-the-sky scheme that will never happen IMO.

58 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There’s another element of the same thing, which made me disbelieve it was true when I was told - The Bristol strategy for transport over that period has no provision for this site. 

I found that surprising. Not really sure why everything’s hidden. I suspect Wally certainly wasn’t meant to blab it in public like he did. 

The Fruitcake Stadium is just another ploy to keep the blue few happy for a while longer. Artists impression on the front page of the Post coming soon! Previous stadium developements which have integrated appartments built around have been done for a reason, think Highbury which was listed and was developed around what was the pitch, or Brisbane Road which needed the residential build to fund the stadium.

In this situation there is absolutely no need for the developent to include a stadium, in fact it would vastly reduce the housing. So the developers are dangling the carrot of a new stadium in the hope of getting thier hands on some more prime land at the Memorial Ground by offering Rovers a long term lease (20 years, 50 years, who knows?) If they fall for it they could end up with another Eastville situation.

Also, for any of you that don't know the area around Albert Road, it's a dump! Surrounded by recycling depots, railway sidings and other industry, not a pub or shop for miles, and very little in the way of public transport.

Roverz fans should be praying that this idea gets kicked into touch and they get some kind of rebuild where they are.

On 02/12/2021 at 14:27, frenchred said:

anyone know why bristol live are not reporting on the barton case? now if it was a fan ...............

pretty sure Bristol Live did report on this case, yeah...
This was the article online on the day you wrote this

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/joey-barton-trial-verdict-bristol-6301397

On 03/12/2021 at 00:55, RedLionLad said:

Virgin Media broke down yesterday in parts of south Bristol so our Senior Reporter @Tristan Cork wouldn’t have been able to get his info from Facebook 

yawn....

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

My, uninformed guess, is it’s all due to the different value of housing at the fruit market and at Horfield. The price developers can obtain at Horfield will be a lot higher than at the fruit market. Although it’s changing, and near the city centre, St Philip’s Marsh is basically an industrial estate. By giving Rovers a small parcel of the fruit market makes sense as, in return, they get the prime plot at Horfield. This swap has only been an option in the last 2 or 3 years after Wally became desperate 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, myol'man said:

The Fruitcake Stadium is just another ploy to keep the blue few happy for a while longer. Artists impression on the front page of the Post coming soon! Previous stadium developements which have integrated appartments built around have been done for a reason, think Highbury which was listed and was developed around what was the pitch, or Brisbane Road which needed the residential build to fund the stadium.

In this situation there is absolutely no need for the developent to include a stadium, in fact it would vastly reduce the housing. So the developers are dangling the carrot of a new stadium in the hope of getting thier hands on some more prime land at the Memorial Ground by offering Rovers a long term lease (20 years, 50 years, who knows?) If they fall for it they could end up with another Eastville situation.

Also, for any of you that don't know the area around Albert Road, it's a dump! Surrounded by recycling depots, railway sidings and other industry, not a pub or shop for miles, and very little in the way of public transport.

Roverz fans should be praying that this idea gets kicked into touch and they get some kind of rebuild where they are.

i once worked at mototech by the dogs home, i think the site is ideal for them,low tide,warm day,it feckin stinks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, myol'man said:

I'm of the belief that those recycling depots and the council depot are council owned, someone with access to land registry could find that out. A deal offering peppercorn land leases or sales could be done to encourage the developer to include a stadium within their plans. As we know, the deputy Mayor is a Rovers supporter and he will be doing his utmost to ensure the city provides a base for both clubs to prosper, that would be their take on it. Obviously that would mean the council owned land not getting what would/could be expected on the open market, something I believe the laws state must happen.

When AG was under the planning process, the old East end car park was to be transferred from council ownership to the club. Protestors argued that it's sale value of I believe some £380k was not of the same value per acre as the main site. That was true but, the club owned a long lease on that car park land and, it was still to be used as a car park, hence it's lower value. The Moorlands allotments were also argued to be at a lower value, as they were being sold prior to PP.

As the land owned currently owned by the council on those adjacent sites would be similar in terms of intended use, I believe they'd use that policy (Moorlands) to justify reduced valuations for the council owned land adjacent to the Fruit Market, also citing that it would be for the communities greater benefit, if a stadium was incorporated into the plans.                        

9 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

that must be what my dad called the boneyard,was it made from old animal bones?

The factory basically crushed bones for bone meal and heated carcases  of various animals by steam to produce tallow and glue. A pong once smelled never forgotten 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Frequently saw large open top wagons driving around the area delivering bones to the old glue factory. Even the wagons smelt.

My Dad used to work out of SWEB, which was next door to the glue factory.  

He used to occasionally smuggle me into work with him when I was a kid and I can clearly remember the stink from that place, even now.  It was unbelievable and I’ve never smelt anything like it since thankfully.

You’d never get away with something like that these day, as there were still a lot of houses around there, unlike today.

• Like 3

so its unanimous,. the new stadium has to be in that area somewhere to keep in line with theirs and bristol heritage, once a smelly place, always a smelly place..

5 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

My Dad used to work out of SWEB, which was next door to the glue factory.  

He used to occasionally smuggle me into work with him when I was a kid and I can clearly remember the stink from that place, even now.  It was unbelievable and I’ve never smelt anything like it since thankfully.

You’d never get away with something like that these day, as there were still a lot of houses around there, unlike today.

bridgewater had a bad one with a cellofane factory i think. i had an uncle that worked there,,he lived in queens rd  behind malvern rd

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

so its unanimous,. the new stadium has to be in that area somewhere to keep in line with theirs and bristol heritage, once a smelly place, always a smelly place..

bridgewater had a bad one with a cellofane factory i think. i had an uncle that worked there,,he lived in queens rd  behind malvern rd

Yeah, you could easily smell the cellophane factory as you drove past Bridgwater on the M5.  Smell would get right in the back of your throat.

That glue factory was something else though.  If the sags do move to the fruit market, someone out to come in and rebuild the place and stink the f*****s out.  They may have been proud to stink of gas, but they wouldn’t be with that bone works!  

Handy for us though, as we can just call them the Glue Few!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Yeah, you could easily smell the cellophane factory as you drove past Bridgwater on the M5.  Smell would get right in the back of your throat.

That glue factory was something else though.  If the sags do move to the fruit market, someone out to come in and rebuild the place and stink the f*****s out.  They may have been proud to stink of gas, but they wouldn’t be with that bone works!  

Handy for us though, as we can just call them the Glue Few!!!

Don't know about that, but I think most of them are sniffing glue if they still believe there is a chance of getting a new ground...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

I was brought up in Queens Road 60s-70s. We always referred to the stench as the boneyard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Can the Post get any worse?  Today’s headline:

”Collins modelling his game on Salah as he looks to fire Rovers up the table”

This is like a joke from an awful Christmas cracker 

Typo methinks - 'Collins modelling his game on salad....'

• Haha 4