IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, TomF said:

The Stockport game I think? 

Yep, a day that local football took place at Eastville Park..

Always remember a game when I lived at home in St.George & their keeper was injured & they were due to play us, they called it off for a waterlogged pitch at Eastville & it had barely rained.

46 minutes ago, samo II said:

Was it one of their promotion seasons they had at least a couple of home games called off due to ‘waterlogged’ pitches when it was drizzling?

Always find a way to fiddle things, don’t they?

Stockport were on an amazing run of wins, Rovers were midtable. 3 days later they were due to play us in the second leg of the JPT Area Final at the Mem (we were away to Blackpool that Saturday).

In previous games that Winter/Spring they had arranged for fans to come in and help get the pitch playable...not this Stockport game though.

It gave them a break before playing us and Stockport weren’t in the same form by the time of the rearranged fixture. They’re actually proud of being cheating bastards....it’s what they do.

D5184C1E-E63A-43DB-897A-4D8CCFFD2096.jpeg

16 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Stockport were on an amazing run of wins, Rovers were midtable. 3 days later they were due to play us in the second leg of the JPT Area Final at the Mem (we were away to Blackpool that Saturday).

In previous games that Winter/Spring they had arranged for fans to come in and help get the pitch playable...not this Stockport game though.

It gave them a break before playing us and Stockport weren’t in the same form by the time of the rearranged fixture. They’re actually proud of being cheating bastards....it’s what they do.

D5184C1E-E63A-43DB-897A-4D8CCFFD2096.jpeg

“Win win for the Gas :laugh:” is such a funny response when you realise that was probably their absolute high point over the last 20+ years.

Stuff like that is the only reason I still get a bit annoyed when people call us ‘Bristol’ and don’t know that there is another team in the city, as imagine being mistook for cheating scum like that.

Edited by samo II
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I like the idea that they were probably getting all excited when we went 1 2 down, only to have their hopes dashed for a good start to the year.

Apparently, they are a team going for the play offs and we are in a relegation battle and they should have wiped the floor with us :rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Really……

17E94465-CC93-4AE4-9B7E-28973E5583A9.jpeg

What the **** has Championship football got to do with them?

They haven’t played at our current level since 1993.

Bit like a Torquay fan saying stuff about Plymouth Argyle.

Absolute *****.

• Like 4

• Admin
8 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Well, I am assuming straight after the game he was saying Millwall were good, but them pesky Teds were even better. 

I know they didn't play, but every week our game is the biggest of the week for them. Bizarre.

To be fair there are just as many in this thread that post instantly Whe something happens in their game 

• Like 1

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

Is any team who are 11 points above the drop zone in "a relegation scrap"???

I mention this as there is a farce of a team who were once rivals of City who are 7 points above a second non-league drop. 

I wouldn’t say so.. 7 on the other hand..

2C698B9A-A89F-46AC-BF27-60D483532A73.png

• Like 1