IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

The stand at your training complex holds more than that carport looking thing!

Can't believe that they have actually built a solid stand ,something that isn't made of canvas or wood looks like their finally coming for us .

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, phantom said:

To be fair there are just as many in this thread that post instantly Whe something happens in their game 

...and they’re well known for concentrating on us at the expense of supporting their own team playing in front of them.

What was it these Villa fans discovered again? “..the FANS are DREADFUL.. Every song bar one having a go at Bristol Citooy...” ?

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

4 goals this season in a side in the bottom two of the football league.

Wow.

Two tap ins, one deflection and one where he’s been too lazy to get back in and got lucky on a quick transition being in a good position 

• Admin
19 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

...and they’re well known for concentrating on us at the expense of supporting their own team playing in front of them.

What was it these Villa fans discovered again? “..the FANS are DREADFUL.. Every song bar one having a go at Bristol Citooy...” ?

Again we aren't any different, especially when on TV 

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Again we aren't any different, especially when on TV 

I beg to differ.

I don’t hear non stop songs about Rovers at AG. I don’t see people around me glued to the phone checking the Rovers score and I don’t ever recall us putting Rovers score on our scoreboard during OUR game.

The Villa fans in the video have been to Ashton Gate and their neutral opinion obviously matches mine.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I beg to differ.

I don’t hear non stop songs about Rovers at AG. I don’t see people around me glued to the phone checking the Rovers score and I don’t ever recall us putting Rovers score on our scoreboard during OUR game.

The Villa fans in the video have been to Ashton Gate and their neutral opinion obviously matches mine.

Have a look back at when we have been live on TV, friends of mine are always commenting how many songs we sing about them on TV

I get sick and tired of the number of people saying "Rovers lost today" etc when walking out the ground after a game

I beg to differ.

It stopped for a few years but the songs are back. At least 5-6 times a game singing about them. 
I love ripping the piss out of them but hate it when we sing about them 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Have a look back at when we have been live on TV, friends of mine are always commenting how many songs we sing about them on TV

I get sick and tired of the number of people saying "Rovers lost today" etc when walking out the ground after a game

I didn’t say we don’t have any songs about them…of course we have, every team has songs about their local rivals. I don’t watch us on TV, I can only go by my experience at Ashton Gate, remember though, the Villa fans on that video commented on how every song (bar one) was about us. That’s the difference. 

As for fans talking immediately AFTER the game, that’s different from concentrating on them DURING the game.

• Like 2

I didn’t say we don’t have any songs about them…of course we have, every team has songs about their local rivals. I don’t watch us on TV, I can only go by my experience at Ashton Gate, remember though, the Villa fans on that video commented on how every song (bar one) was about us. That’s the difference. 

As for fans talking immediately AFTER the game, that’s different from concentrating on them DURING the game.

I’m with you on this. Theirs is a constant obsession as is their speed to getting on social media about them ‘Singing the blues’ as soon as they win a game and we lose. It’s guaranteed  EVERYTIME WITHOUT FAIL. We’d be happy to go up, they’d be happy to finish a single place above City. If they aren’t singing about the City they are shouting ‘Sheed’ead at someone on the pitch. Never ever heard us shout ‘Gashead’ at a former Rovers player who has played against us.

They are the supporters who apparently don’t give a shit about us until someone mentions us to them and then they erupt with utter contempt, hatred and jealousy in an instant.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Your being pedantic now, we have an element of support that is no better than them and are just as obsessed 

Are you not at games when we are on TV? 

I wonder how often Stoke sing about Port Vale? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Your being pedantic now, we have an element of support that is no better than them and are just as obsessed 

Ok, maybe we do, clearly not in the same numbers that concentrate on us when Rovers are playing at the Mem. Don’t argue with me about pal, email ‘Max on Tour’…he’s the one who posted the video that I shared. Him and his mates experience was that they are abnormally obsessed, they came to this conclusion despite starting off being ‘anti City’ as they put it. They’ve been to Ashton Gate, they obviously don’t feel we’re as bad.

Are you not at games when we are on TV? 

That’s my point, if City are at home I’m at the game, not watching on TV. I don’t know why your mates say what they do, I don’t know your mates? 

I wonder how often Stoke sing about Port Vale? 

I couldn’t tell you, I haven’t been to Stoke for 25 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, phantom said:

To be fair when on TV at home i do notice more songs about rovers. However the whole rovers lost today is heard as much as 'Cardiff lost today' or 'team around us in the table lost today'.

I'm sorry but they are far worse I hear it from neutral fans that have been there so many times, opposition fans slate them for it and some of their own fans slate them for it.

Our score going over their tannoy or scoreboard says it all. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Never ever heard us shout ‘Gashead’ at a former Rovers player who has played against us....

You must be very young then - I remember Archie Stephens getting delicious abuse for 90 minutes when he played for the Smoggies against us at Ashton Gate - constant renditions of “He’s only a poor little gashead...” rang out from the East End that afternoon - just one example of many ... Jamie Cureton (Reading), Devon White (Notts County) and all the ex gas who ended up at QPR spring to mind too ...

14 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Never ever heard us shout ‘Gashead’ at a former Rovers player who has played against us.

I think you only have to go back to this seasons game with Luton where Tom Lockyer was given boatloads for 90 minutes, including the above. It’s naive to think it doesn’t happen.

However, what I would say is that most of our fan base now won’t have a clue, outside of 1-2 exceptions (Clarke Harris for example) who’s been playing for them for the last few years, as they are at that lower level - which with it brings a huge turnover of players. So it does, or will, become less prevalent as players who have played for them don’t often reach this level post Rovers, and if they do, Rovers are a blip on the CV.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Not wanting to be pedantic, but that should be "you're".   

Love to all.

?

I was trying to figure out a way of saying that without sounding pedantic.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

and all the ex gas who ended up at QPR spring to mind too ...

I’m not so sure, they were in the Premier League so we wouldn’t have had the chance. By the time we actually played QPR all the sags that Francis took to QPR with him were either back at Rovers or elsewhere.

3 hours ago, CiderJar said:

They have, and in that video they describe us as "silent" so that may be silence about Bristol Rovers, who knows?

I don’t remember that video?

He did a video in with the Swansea supporters at AG earlier this season where he said that he couldn’t hear our fans over the Swansea support, which isn’t that much of a shock if you’re in the middle of a large away following at any ground. He also mentioned that his mate was in with us at the other end and he said we were good as well. At no point was it mentioned by either him or the other YouTuber in our end that we only sing about Bristol Rovers.

Yes but we do sing about Bristol Rovers, a lot, and we do check their scores, a lot, and at half time  Downsy makes some irreverent comment when announcing their score, and people ask how they and Cardiff got on on the way out of the stadium.

People have been known to take their shoes off when singing about them.

But it's great and I love it. 

Edited by CiderJar

13 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I'm sorry but they are far worse I hear it from neutral fans that have been there so many times, opposition fans slate them for it and some of their own fans slate them for it.

Our score going over their tannoy or scoreboard says it all. 

I’ve witnessed it with my own eyes.

Watching Northampton there about 18 years ago with a Cobblers supporting mate. The away fans even started singing ‘pro’ City songs in response to all the anti City songs coming from Gasheads. The reactions from rabid Sags was hilarious ?

On top of that Northampton came from one nil down to win two one late in the game.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

I’m with you on this. Theirs is a constant obsession as is their speed to getting on social media about them ‘Singing the blues’ as soon as they win a game and we lose. It’s guaranteed  EVERYTIME WITHOUT FAIL. We’d be happy to go up, they’d be happy to finish a single place above City. If they aren’t singing about the City they are shouting ‘Sheed’ead at someone on the pitch. Never ever heard us shout ‘Gashead’ at a former Rovers player who has played against us.

They are the supporters who apparently don’t give a shit about us until someone mentions us to them and then they erupt with utter contempt, hatred and jealousy in an instant.

Absolutely agree with POHH & GM. They are envious in every way. Talking to what few fewers that are still around they still hark on about the 1950's and smash and grab. Its pathetic.

7 minutes ago, Swede said:

Absolutely agree with POHH & GM. They are envious in every way. Talking to what few fewers that are still around they still hark on about the 1950's and smash and grab. Its pathetic.

Isn't it inevitable?

If  the roles were reversed we would be envious of them and harking back to the days where we were on a par and sometimes better.

This at root is why they often have a pop at Steve Lansdown because they know damn well that had the 1990s Rovers' Board been more encouraging and welcoming to him then it could all have gone the other way.

Though it is notable that they have a go at him rather than the Rovers Board which didn't welcome him.

• Like 2

They take more pleasure from us failing than they do from their own team doing well.

An analogy I like is, if a City fan was walking along the river, saw a s*g drowning and offered his hand to help the s*g would rather pull him in with him rather than accept it.

They really wouldn`t care if they were in the sixth tier provided we were below them.

Their wet dream is to have a stadium with one more seat than ours.

Quite sad really.

• Like 4