IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Ah here we go again. The old I know someone who insuinates Rovers are better than City at something. I know the below to be the co plete opposite btw.

Screenshot_20220107-090211_Samsung Internet.jpg

Obviously this is the case, just compare the amount of multi million pound sales of their academy palyers compared to ours...

3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Ah here we go again. The old I know someone who insuinates Rovers are better than City at something. I know the below to be the co plete opposite btw.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Is this not just as simply down to the category levels of academy?

We are obviously looking at a better standard of player to them anyway?

I know someone from an avid City family whose son had the choice of both City and Rovers and has gone to Rovers.

When I spoke to him about it he said that he felt more comfortable in a friendly and less intense environment. I thought it sounded more like having a kickabout with his mates, so I don't know how much this will help his development.

4 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

They love trotting this one out, along with their away following is bigger (a lie) & other clubs love them more than us (impossible to prove).

They really are the “people’s, family, never harm a soul, pride of (a quarter of) Bristol’s club”, aren’t they?

I genuinely have no idea of the last local player they produced that they sold for a fee.

If you recall the 80s/90s (covered in the Bristolian 11 thread) you’ll know that this definitely wasn’t the case back then.

Along with taking the rugby revenue away from them, our Academy is one of 2 ways we have managed to strangle their historic income streams & I for one absolutely ******* love it.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I know someone from an avid City family whose son had the choice of both City and Rovers and has gone to Rovers.

When I spoke to him about it he said that he felt more comfortable in a friendly and less intense environment. I thought it sounded more like having a kickabout with his mates, so I don't know how much this will help his development.

Each to their own tbf and there is no wrong answer. However one club in our city had seven former academy graduates starting last week. I would imagine for many parents that would have a bearing. Whether we have that conversion rate because we are unfriendly and intense who knows?!!

• Like 1

Dont know if this has been posted elsewhere but; sad to learn of the Death of "Captain Gas" 80year old female stalwart, passed away 30th Dec, reported on "Bristol Live" ex employee/mascot of BRFC and life long fan and will no doubt be missed by many gas fans. I have heard the name but wasnt even aware "Captain Gas" was even a female

Some things transend us and them, RIP Captain Gas, we are all fans.

Edited by gl2

• Admin
1 hour ago, gl2 said:

Dont know if this has been posted elsewhere but; sad to learn of the Death of "Captain Gas" 80year old female stalwart, passed away 30th Dec, reported on "Bristol Live" ex employee/mascot of BRFC and life long fan and will no doubt be missed by many gas fans. I have heard the name but wasnt even aware "Captain Gas" was even a female

Some things transend us and them, RIP Captain Gas, we are all fans.

Very true 

Recognise the name etc

May she rest in peace 

22 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

They gave us 700 tickets at their place and before they start knocking us it's not like Horfield is a nice place and they should look at their average home attendance which is embarrassing considering they see themselves as big as you guys?

how many have you given them ?