IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Think I might be seeing things Alhaji Sesay goalkeeper on bench for gas today. Forgive me if I am wrong but I thought that was our ex academy keeper who was jailed.

He'd fit in with Joey then. However it can't be him. He got 10 years in 2021, will still be inside. 

3 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

My app is saying previous clubs include Bristol City. But like you said remember he got 10 years.

Seems to be the similarly named Malik Sesay.

Sesay seems to be a fairly common name in West Africa, when I researched how long the wrong 'un got, I found there was a Sierra Leone politician with the same name. 

A few seasons ago we had Rovers 0 - P'boro' 3 then a few weeks later in the cup, Villa 1-P'boro' 3. Gash logic meant this shows Rovers are only one goal worse than Villa.

A few weeks ago P'boro' scored twice v City and lost. Today P'boro' scored twice and beat Rovers.  Will gas logic admit therefore City are better than Rovers?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

No doubt some pillock on ass chat will be boasting they stayed in the cup longer than them gurt teds.....

Probably.

I expect their w@nky Twitter account will say something of the sort.

Pity they can’t manage to stay in the Football League longer than City eh? ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

After the City match, which I watched on hesgoal, I watched the Peterborough v 15ers game. It was poor fayre. Szmodics scored one but missed a hatful. The one decent player for the Posh was their new loan signing from Norwich, Bali Mumba who scored a really good debut goal. 

The Gas “faithful and true” must have travelled in a minibus (anyone seen @Robboredtoday?) because there weren’t many of them in evidence. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, 22A said:

A few seasons ago we had Rovers 0 - P'boro' 3 then a few weeks later in the cup, Villa 1-P'boro' 3. Gash logic meant this shows Rovers are only one goal worse than Villa.

A few weeks ago P'boro' scored twice v City and lost. Today P'boro' scored twice and beat Rovers.  Will gas logic admit therefore City are better than Rovers?

No, the fact that they lost narrowly to a Championship side* proves they are coming for us.

*though not for much longer

31 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

After the City match, which I watched on hesgoal, I watched the Peterborough v 15ers game. It was poor fayre. Szmodics scored one but missed a hatful. The one decent player for the Posh was their new loan signing from Norwich, Bali Mumba who scored a really good debut goal. 

The Gas “faithful and true” must have travelled in a minibus (anyone seen @Robboredtoday?) because there weren’t many of them in evidence. 

Saving up for their big day out at swindon

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Once every 15 years yeah ?

Thing are changing now Power has gone? All joking aside if we redevelop the stadium there's no reason why we can't emulate Readings average attendances but you need the facilities to attract a new fanbase and with a population of a quarter of a million its waiting to be tapped into.

We're not coming for anyone! just taking small steps and seeing where it takes us hopefully the new owner will deliver the rest.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Thing are changing now Power has gone? All joking aside if we redevelop the stadium there's no reason why we can't emulate Readings average attendances but you need the facilities to attract a new fanbase and with a population of a quarter of a million its waiting to be tapped into.

We're not coming for anyone! just taking small steps and seeing where it takes us hopefully the new owner will deliver the rest.

I think in general clubs will reach their ceiling height no matter what. We redeveloped Ashton gate & pre covid were getting roughly 20-22000 when in & around the play offs . We were getting that in 76-80 in the first division . We’ll never sell out ashton gate regularly unless we get in the prem & even then there will be plenty of day trippers. 
The truth is , our area of the country historically isn’t a football hotbed. 
The north west is a different world compared to here 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I think in general clubs will reach their ceiling height no matter what. We redeveloped Ashton gate & pre covid were getting roughly 20-22000 when in & around the play offs . We were getting that in 76-80 in the first division . We’ll never sell out ashton gate regularly unless we get in the prem & even then there will be plenty of day trippers. 
The truth is , our area of the country historically isn’t a football hotbed. 
The north west is a different world compared to here 

Good post, I agree the South West isn't a hotbed for football unlike the the Norh East & West. I also think there's too many alternative things to spend disposable income on. Football crowds seemed to peak in the 60's through to early 70's with our record crowd being 32,000 in 1972. Am I right in thinking you had over 40,000 in the old Ashton Gate years ago as I went there against Leeds & Man Utd in the late 70's and there was 36,000 there

18 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Good post, I agree the South West isn't a hotbed for football unlike the the Norh East & West. I also think there's too many alternative things to spend disposable income on. Football crowds seemed to peak in the 60's through to early 70's with our record crowd being 32,000 in 1972. Am I right in thinking you had over 40,000 in the old Ashton Gate years ago as I went there against Leeds & Man Utd in the late 70's and there was 36,000 there

43,335 (Bristol City FC vs Preston North End F.C., 16 February 1935)

Edited by Redtucks

22 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We’ll never sell out ashton gate regularly unless we get in the prem & even then there will be plenty of day trippers. 

11 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Am I right in thinking you had over 40,000 in the old Ashton Gate years ago as I went there against Leeds & Man Utd in the late 70's and there was 36,000 there

Like you said @steviestevieneville day trippers. Here’s one!

• Haha 1