IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Like you said @steviestevieneville day trippers. Here’s one!

Some think it’s a new thing . I was 5 when we got promoted . My old man started watching us post war & wasn’t a man to judge but used to get pissed off. I remember he saying to my uncle about the traffic & all the coaches coming over from wales & up from the south 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Some think it’s a new thing . I was 5 when we got promoted . My old man started watching us post war & wasn’t a man to judge but used to get pissed off. I remember he saying to my uncle about the traffic & all the coaches coming over from wales & up from the south 

‘Twas ever thus. When Cribbs opened, it was packed out with families from over the bridge. Should have built a wall, you know. ;)

2 hours ago, 22A said:

A few seasons ago we had Rovers 0 - P'boro' 3 then a few weeks later in the cup, Villa 1-P'boro' 3. Gash logic meant this shows Rovers are only one goal worse than Villa.

A few weeks ago P'boro' scored twice v City and lost. Today P'boro' scored twice and beat Rovers.  Will gas logic admit therefore City are better than Rovers?

No

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

‘Twas ever thus. When Cribbs opened, it was packed out with families from over the bridge. Should have built a wall, you know. ;)

I was working in a couple of hospitals in South Wales last week (Royal Gwent and the Grange for those that know the area) and was told about a coach company that was charging £50 return from Newport to Bristol for NYE, someone made good money! 

Edited by Ska Junkie

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

You came to the big city and went back to Swindon?!!!! ?

I can't deny it's a wonderful city I've  been many times in the summer around Cabots & the harbourside. In my younger years also has nights out at Papillons and the beer Keller and even stopped off for something to eat one night at the black & white cafe in St Paul's 

Edited by Shaun Taylor
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I can't deny it's a wonderful city I've  been many times in the summer around Cabots & the harbourside. In my younger years also has nights out at Papillons and the beer Keller 

Ah the beer Keller . How the **** we came out of there alive I’ll never know some nights ?? brilliant night out . Dancing on the tables , swiping steins & just having it right off in your early twenty’s. 
I remember one night the band had a break & the drummer forgot his sticks. As soon as they left I ran on stage & started playing the drums . I looked up & there was about four bouncers heading towards me .??? 

let’s just say it hurt in the morning 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ah the beer Keller . How the **** we came out of there alive I’ll never know some nights ?? brilliant night out . Dancing on the tables , swiping steins & just having it right off in your early twenty’s. 
I remember one night the band had a break & the drummer forgot his sticks. As soon as they left I ran on stage & started playing the drums . I looked up & there was about four bouncers heading towards me .??? 

Great memories!

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Some great bands played there back then I remember going to see the Blues Band and I swear I couldn`t hear for a week!

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The Oompah nights were legendary!! What a laugh they were.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Yeah very funny nights . It would never happen now. All those tables full of lads & girls dancing on them & falling off steins in hand. Mental . I’m glad @Shaun Taylorbrought the beer Keller up . I forgot all about it ?

• Like 1

Yeah very funny nights . It would never happen now. All those tables full of lads & girls dancing on them & falling off steins in hand. Mental . I’m glad @Shaun Taylorbrought the beer Keller up . I forgot all about it ?

More to life than football and great to discuss without getting any abuse because I'm from Swindon!

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I got mates who are about ten years older than me . Obviously not your type of music or mine but a stiff little fingers tribute band were in there one night . A mixture of city & gas punks met a coach load of Welsh punks one night .??

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I got mates who are about ten years older than me . Obviously not your type of music or mine but a stiff little fingers tribute band were in there one night . A mixture of city & gas punks met a coach load of Welsh punks one night .??

Seen SLF a few times SSN, tin soldiers is a belter. As for the oompah nights....

Liverpool still has one...

Edited by Ska Junkie