IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, supercidered said:

It was a bit chaotic but I don't remember much in the way of trouble. My main endearing memories were of very friendly females. I will leave it there I think.

Before my time, but plenty of handshakes I assume then?

12 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Not really. I think Parkside (Park & Ride) was more synonymous with grab a granny.

I would say the Mauritania was more like very keen females of assorted ages. An eclectic mix if you will.

Towns Talk for grab a granny? 

As for Scamps, even a spotty chubby little lad like me could get lucky there. It was also the place where I was introduced,  among other things, to Dexys Midnight Runners and I don't mean the band. :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Towns Talk for grab a granny? 

As for Scamps, even a spotty chubby little lad like me could get lucky there. It was also the place where I was introduced,  among other things, to Dexys Midnight Runners and I don't mean the band. :whistle:

You slept with Gino?

20 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

All very lovely, but can we get back to ripping the piss out of the sags, please ?

OK . Assuming the Fruit Market site provides them with a new ground (of course it will ?) can we have some suggested names?

The Raspberry Tart Stadium, for example?

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

All very lovely, but can we get back to ripping the piss out of the sags, please ?

They have been quite busy discussing it over on Gaschat.

Seems to be a lot of apathy towards the location of the Fruit Market based on it not being quite as convenient as it could be.

My favourite complaint is that the bus service to that location is shit. It is entirely lost on at least one of them that NEW BUS SERVICES AND ROUTES COULD BE INTRODUCED.

Thick as mince.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They have been quite busy discussing it over on Gaschat.

Seems to be a lot of apathy towards the location of the Fruit Market based on it not being quite as convenient as it could be.

My favourite complaint is that the bus service to that location is shit. It is entirely lost on at least one of them that NEW BUS SERVICES AND ROUTES COULD BE INTRODUCED.

Thick as mince.

I like the poster who preferred Lyde Green for the stadium because it was quite close to Parkway!  Only a 1hr 31 stomp according to Google Maps! 

1C50A949-1176-4CF1-9C2D-975F7E04A8C8.jpeg

B5FB59BB-343C-4E98-A575-608EF7A78281.jpeg

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

If they ever manage to get a stadium built for them at the Fruit Market, I would speculate that Craig Cheney, Marvin's right hand man, would be made lifetime president of the club. That would be for services to Bristol Rovers, the same honour that was bestowed on Bristol Rugby club chairman, Arthur Holmes, for his role in obtaining the rugby ground. Strange how he wasn't so well remembered by the rugby club

Anyone remember when the papers and supporters hailed the success in getting "their own ground" back in 1998 I think. What happened to "their own ground" after that? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rich said:

If they ever manage to get a stadium built for them at the Fruit Market, I would speculate that Craig Cheney, Marvin's right hand man, would be made lifetime president of the club. That would be for services to Bristol Rovers, the same honour that was bestowed on Bristol Rugby club chairman, Arthur Holmes, for his role in obtaining the rugby ground. Strange how he wasn't so well remembered by the rugby club

Anyone remember when the papers and supporters hailed the success in getting "their own ground" back in 1998 I think. What happened to "their own ground" after that? 

I still remember the dribblers telling us `we`ve got our stadium` back at the JPT game. 

How did that turn out?

• Like 1