IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

7,004 yesterday. Consistently poor attendances.

Will they need any more than 2 sides to any stadium at the fruit market?

Shows what you know. I that's their 4th biggest crowd of the season , and the biggest for about 6 games. They are on the up my friend. :whistle2:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

7,004 yesterday. Consistently poor attendances.

Will they need any more than 2 sides to any stadium at the fruit market?

First game at the Mem for about a month and they still got less than we did last week for the Fulham FA Cup tie.

...and they were taking the piss out of our support for a match where we were being charged £23 to watch weakened sides?

In answer to your question, it’s clear that they need a new stadium. The Mem is far too big for them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

First game at the Mem for about a month and they still got less than we did last week for the Fulham FA Cup tie.

...and they were taking the piss out of our support for a match where we were being charged £23 to watch weakened sides?

In answer to your question, it’s clear that they need a new stadium. The Mem is far too big for them.

Their moaning amongst themselves about how poor our away end is have they not looked a thing their own facilities they offer away fans albeit limited numbers

11 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Their moaning amongst themselves about how poor our away end is have they not looked a thing their own facilities they offer away fans albeit limited numbers

Bunch of plastics.

Stratton Bank might be open to the elements but as away ends go, there are worse....theirs for a start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The WhatsApp and text messages I was getting after the 6-2 were both hilarious and pitiful - suddenly Mitrovic is their new Dean Windass!! And all it took to silence them was to point out that Bristol City is competing well in the 5th best division in the world - whilst Bristol Roverzzzz hovers above the relegation zone in the 4th best division in England ... ??

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The WhatsApp and text messages I was getting after the 6-2 were both hilarious and pitiful - suddenly Mitrovic is their new Dean Windass!! And all it took to silence them was to point out that Bristol City is competing well in the 5th best division in the world - whilst Bristol Roverzzzz hovers above the relegation zone in the 4th best division in England ... ??

We effectively lost 4-0 on Saturday against a team that will be in the Premier League next season. Yes it’s a bit shit but those ******* clowns were 4-0 down against Exeter City (IIrc Maybe 4-1?) at half time a few months ago and only a year ago they were getting dicked by Accrington Stanley 6-1. ?

Last Sunday though you’d think we’d just been beaten 9-0 going by Social Media. It’s ok, just waiting for their next embarrassment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We effectively lost 4-0 on Saturday against a team that will be in the Premier League next season. Yes it’s a bit shit but those ******* clowns were 4-0 down against Exeter City (IIrc Maybe 4-1?) at half time a few months ago and only a year ago they were getting dicked by Accrington Stanley 6-1. ?

Last Sunday though you’d think we’d just been beaten 9-0 going by Social Media. It’s ok, just waiting for their next embarrassment. 

It's like a tramp with a penny laughing at a tramp with a pound.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They were actually 5-0 at half time against Exeter!! ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One Sag...."I have bought 7 tickets for the uncovered seating area but the tickets numbers are all over the place, we have an under 18 sat in a different place from us. I haven't been since it was standing there ... Does anyone listen to the seating arrangement on the ticket or just sit wherever??"

Another Sag...."Yeah surprised if the ticket seat numbers actually count for anything"

Wait until he spots Row M on his tickets !!!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

One Sag...."I have bought 7 tickets for the uncovered seating area but the tickets numbers are all over the place, we have an under 18 sat in a different place from us. I haven't been since it was standing there ... Does anyone listen to the seating arrangement on the ticket or just sit wherever??"

Another Sag...."Yeah surprised if the ticket seat numbers actually count for anything"

Wait until he spots Row M on his tickets !!!

"Does anyone listen to the seating arrangement on the ticket" bloody hell..Swindon have talking tickets, very impressive ?‍♂️

• Haha 2

Yeah. Being able to expand to about 35k would be a must have to me.

think we should aim appropriately as if we have no ceiling.

City might be ahead now in their 27k stadium but they have failed in their aim to make it to the prem. When they do well, they can come close to filling that stadium with the right opposition.

If we can make it to the championship I see no reason why we can’t draw similar crowds.

It’s absolute dream talk whilst we sit here in the lower half of league two but I see no reason why it can’t be us being the leading team in the city if we sort out our stadium situation and sort our sustainability out.

Basically I’ve done a really poor job of saying I think City have failed to capitalise on their situation and have now stagnated.

There’s a huge amount of untapped potential for a successful football team in the city and if we can get the stadium situation right I see no ceiling for our potential. 

Any less than 20k as a starting point lacks ambition, in fact 20k is probably right. However we should be able to expand to at least 30k, ideally 35k+ else IMO we’re complacent to be the second club in Bristol.

The delusion is strong in this one . 

• Haha 12