IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’d love to hear her elaborate on this analogy....

”yes, we were looking to adopt, so we went to have a look at the children available. As soon as we walked in, we fell in love with little baby “Chelsea” but she had come from a very well to do home and her tastes were way out of our league. 

Then we were shown baby “Gillingham” she was quite adorable, well presented and from a caring home. We’d have liked to take baby “Gillingham” home with us, but when we Weal tried to pick her up, she vomited all down his back, kicked up a tantrum and refused to come with us. 

As we were heading for the exit, very disappointed at failing to find a baby for the family, we noticed a little ginger child, with black eyes, terrible flea ridden hair and clothes which looked like they’d not been washed for months. There was poor little baby “Rovers”, cowering in the corner, all neglected with very simple needs & tastes, with, most importantly, very low levels of expectation for their future. So we picked her up and took her home with us. She was great, at first, funny & smiley (in a demented, cute kind of way) but to be honest, she’s not progressing very well now, she can’t get the hang of using cutlery, keeps shitting herself has a habit of grabbing the tv remote and turning it to Babestation. 

We’ve had enough of her now but I can’t see any other prospective parents wanting her, when so many other children are seeking parents, so we’ll keep taking the child benefit for her, leave her locked in the cupboard under the stairs, taking her the occasional left over dinner scraps until she either dies of starvation or we can sell the house and leave her there”

Hahahaha ! :laughcont::clap:

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It was a longer conversation than that. 

Wael - “Daddy, I want a football club. Will you buy me a football club, in England..?”

Dad - “which football club..?”

Wael - “Chelsea”

Dad - “:laugh:. NO I can’t afford them. How about Gillingham..?”

Wael - “great! Thanks Daddy. I’ll speak to them now.”

Wael - “umm they don’t want me, but I’m still looking around”

Dad - “I’ve been told Bristol Rovers are available. You can have them”

Wael - “FFS!” 

Dad: what do you want for Christmas son?

Wally: A cowboy outfit!

Dad: Here you go....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

The attendance at the 15er's replay with Barnet tomorrow night is bound to be impacted by Hartlepool being home to Gillingham, Saltford at home to Shrewsbury in a televised clash AND The Apprentice on BBC1. What chance do they have of selling out? It's hardly surprising that they're not pitching all of the tents at the War Memorial for this match.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The attendance at the 15er's replay with Barnet tomorrow night is bound to be impacted by Hartlepool being home to Gillingham, Saltford at home to Shrewsbury in a televised clash AND The Apprentice on BBC1. What chance do they have of selling out? It's hardly surprising that they're not pitching all of the tents at the War Memorial for this match.

Sub 3000 I reckon , I see Charlton dropped below  2000 last night, so as long as we better that I will be happy, because that will obviously mean we are bigger than Charlton :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Sub 3000 I reckon , I see Charlton dropped below  2000 last night, so as long as we better that I will be happy, because that will obviously mean we are bigger than Charlton :)

There'd be a bigger crowd at Charlton Hayes if somebody kicked a football in a front garden.

55 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I wonder how many we would get at the Gate for an FA Cup replay against Barnet.  Not a lot, but a damned site more than 2 or 3k.

We got 10k for a midweek round 1 Carabao Cup game against Plymuff, which is probably a good benchmark.

No chance we’d get that for a first round replay against a non league side.

On this and the Checkatrade Trophy I cant really take the piss out of Rovers without feeling like a bit of a hypocrite. We’ve had some low attendances in both as well.

League games on the other hand, totally different kettle of fish. They used to claim their ground would be full every match if they got back to L1, that was a load of shit....surprise surprise.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I wonder how many we would get at the Gate for an FA Cup replay against Barnet.  Not a lot, but a damned site more than 2 or 3k.

We got 10k for a midweek round 1 Carabao Cup game against Plymuff, which is probably a good benchmark.

in fairness that's when the weather is nice at the start of the season.

"A lot of the people that stand around me at matches seem to be resigned to relegation this season which I think is strange considering we haven’t spent much time in the relegation zone"

Can someone educate him as to how much time Rovers spent in the relegation zone the year they went out of the Football League...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

24 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

"A lot of the people that stand around me at matches seem to be resigned to relegation this season which I think is strange considering we haven’t spent much time in the relegation zone"

Can someone educate him as to how much time Rovers spent in the relegation zone the year they went out of the Football League...

Reminds me of that episode of Blackadder when they join the 20-minuters!

And I believe Lord Flasheart had the catchphrase 'WOOF! WOOF!' - with sort of resonates around the Mem as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

18 Nov 1989; (third tier) City v (non League) Barnet FA Cup 1st round; 7,500

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1