IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if a certain Mr Holloway was interested in the job, if DC was to go . He was the co-commentator on talksport for our home game against Wednesday a while back and you could sense, he had unfinished business with that lot.

Kept talking about how far ahead we are of the blue few and wanted things to change.

Although when QPR youth team stuffed the gas recently, Mr H was asked on the radio which team he’d wanted to win....he replied QPR...that did not go down well with the few....

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if a certain Mr Holloway was interested in the job, if DC was to go . He was the co-commentator on talksport for our home game against Wednesday a while back and you could sense, he had unfinished business with that lot.

Kept talking about how far ahead we are of the blue few and wanted things to change.

Not enough to counteract the detriment to his bank account though... 

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Bloody hell, there were more at the Crawley game last night that I went to.

But I guess Crawley have better fans

Fixed that for you

:sub:Hello visiting saggies - how does it feel that you are now below Crawley in the pecking order!

Coming for us still?

• Like 1

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13309/rose-tinters

Loyal and true? Yeah right, only a couple of weeks ago, ‘DC is a legend’ ‘our greatest manager, EVER’ ‘ the shit are worried as we have DC at the helm’ :facepalm:

Now I’ve never seen what all the fuss about him from the fewers and even some on here, 2 promotions in a row yes not bad, but in the conference their budget was huge up to everyone else in that league, and most of L2 the season after, only promoted via penalty shootout vrs Grimsby and then a late winner in the final game in L2 so we’re on a high and over achieving massively imo. Now Wally has lost interest and can’t be bothered to play anymore, the funds have all dried up they are stuck in a rut with the dog botherer doesn’t know which way to turn, with the money he has been given he spent it on shite, Nichols 300k, 1 goal every THIRTY games, Payne hates the fewers already can see straight through them.

Now it’s partly Wally’s fault for not backing him to a point but DC isn’t all he’s made out to be despite being such a ‘legend’ he won’t manage any higher than where he is now, they can’t afford to sack him and nothing seems to be going on with these takeover rumours they are banging on about so they are stuck with each other and I hope it all goes to shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Be amazed if they were struggling financially this early in the season.

Whilst they are constantly mockable, they do record fairly strong gates.

Don’t want to go into detail but a surrplier told me they are late with his payment and he don’t think he is alone.living north of the river I was chatting to a rovers friend of mine and he said they also owe there coach company (peter carol?)money

15 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Great how they want DC gone etc but do they really believe that their owners would be able to appoint/attract anyone decent, I’d have serious doubts if I were them, I’d be hugely shocked if Skeletor would go back there tbh.

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Great how they want DC gone etc but do they really believe that their owners would be able to appoint/attract anyone decent, I’d have serious doubts if I were them, I’d be hugely shocked if Skeletor would go back there tbh.

If he is out of full time employment and someone offers him a contract then regardless of the state of the club he is going to be interested.

This is brilliant from gaschat on a thread about their "prolific" £300K+ striker

To be fair, he wasn't part of the problem, tonight.

There's a lot that needs to get sorted out before we need to worry about Nichols, atm.

Whisper it quietly because it offends people but he is in good form. Like it or not.

:rofl2br:

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Do they have any choice? It's not like they have a squad is it?

Well, that's where I have disagreed with a Fewer in work.

Their development squad won some sort of title last season, and it was put to me that, 'are you not worried that within a year, we will have the better youth set up?'

Me pointing out that our most talented youth players were out on loan getting experience at varying League Clubs to prepare them for life as a senior professional was met with a 'So you are worried then!' response.

• Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If he is out of full time employment and someone offers him a contract then regardless of the state of the club he is going to be interested.

Knowing someone who is close to him, from what he’s said his heart isn’t in it anymore, coupled with the fact he’s living back near Bristol, if he did have a change of heart and it all went tits up (which it usually does) he just doesn’t want the hassle of it all.

Stranger things have happened though.