IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Anyone able to give a summary of what Toni the till has been saying here:

So there is a top secret plan B, yeah right sounded like it, a supposed minted new owner but talking to financiers in London about cash for a new stadium at UWE, baffling bullshit continues or BBC for short.

My summary is unconvincing Mr Motorola.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Anyone able to give a summary of what Toni the till has been saying here:

Just a load of horse shit really,interesting bit he said that they were off to London today to sort some finance for the new stadium,soooo has wallies wallet run dry or is this normal practice to borrow for a stadium they will never own,only lease from uwe.

Edited by The Joker
  • Like 1

So basically a bloke who's worth billions is in London today talking to financiers about finding the money for the new stadium and a high court ruling that wasn't important about the stadium going ahead is important enough that they want to take it to the supreme court.

Sounds interesting !

• Like 3

Oh the gift...

turbo8818 said:

Given how 'immoral' Shamesburys have acted throughout this process, how would you react if gasheads started actively shoplifting from their stores, it is wrong and immoral of course but I guess it's the only way the little man wins against these corporations.

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:
turbo8818 said:

Given how 'immoral' Shamesburys have acted throughout this process, how would you react if gasheads started actively shoplifting from their stores, it is wrong and immoral of course but I guess it's the only way the little man wins against these corporations.

Gets my vote, what could possibly go wrong here? it'll make Sainsbury's and law lords come to their senses.

2 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

So basically a bloke who's worth billions is in London today talking to financiers about finding the money for the new stadium and a high court ruling that wasn't important about the stadium going ahead is important enough that they want to take it to the supreme court.

Sounds interesting !

Sounds ominous to me,more loans against a ground that is not sold and Trash @co could put a spoke in the wheel of any future development.

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:
Oh the gift...

turbo8818 said:

Actually thinking about it, it's a pity that this legal wrangle wasn't with Wickes or B & Q, they could have shop lifted their new stadium bit by bit.

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

Sounds interesting !

Perhaps he knows the bank he's involved with wouldn't dream of lending them the money.  

5 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

Sounds interesting !

So the trillionaire is taking out a loan to pay for it?

So he's employing the same tactic as Glazer? Problem being, SGR is no Man Utd. The SGR massive will no doubt start getting a little restless soon.

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:
Oh the gift...

turbo8818 said:

But they don't care, they have a foreign trillionaire who's going to fund their South glos stadium.. or so I thought?

2 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

So the trillionaire is taking out a loan to pay for it?

So he's employing the same tactic as Glazer? Problem being, SGR is no Man Utd. The SGR massive will no doubt start getting a little restless soon.

Sixth richest club in the country.......so people keep telling me, yet they are now looking into "Plan B". Isn't there a Plan A where the multi-gazillionaire just dips his hand in his pocket and builds the ground then?

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:
Oh the gift...

turbo8818 said:

Hang on....who's the 'little man' here. I though Rovers were the third richest club in the country???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Hang on....who's the 'little man' here. I though Rovers were the third richest club in the country???

It started out at sixth richest in Britain (should have no problem beating FFP and signing players on £250K per week in that case) but then the Sags got hold of it and they're now richest in the Galaxy...........by some margin. Similar to their away support which has been averaging 15 million with a further 3 million locked out. Yet it appears that this massive corporation would still rather pay interest on the loans to build the ground apparently?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

That really is the one straw you gAssholes have to clutch, isn't it!!??

Hope Al Bundy and the rest of the blue few don't take today's news too hard.....

0610427e207b7c8b7a298c06fe49386b.jpg

Spurious link of the day..................  :aok2:

Al Bundy......... now that takes me back.  I seem to recall that his wife Peg's maiden name made her sound like the Gas manager.  Or am I mistaken?

http://marriedwithchildren.wikia.com/wiki/Peg_Bundy