Jump to content
IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread


42nite

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

That lot are pretty convinced that there will be an announcement on the 11th October that the new staduim is to get the go ahead 

Not sure if they meant Oct 11th 2075 though 😁

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14794/fruit-market-consortium-thread-developments?page=165

 

10 hours ago, pongo88 said:

There is one sensible comment on their forum:
 

“Must confess, I am slightly wary of what I have been told of the consortium in talks to buy the club.. Seem to have 90% interest in the land at both the Fruit Market and the Memorial Stadium and 10% interest in the actual football”

I have been told that the sale of the Fruit Market land has been agreed, and there definitely won't any objections by anyone to a stadium there whatsoever, and the council are all on board with it.

I still do not understand why anyone would not just buy the land and build housing and commercial/retail and sell it and off they go? Now add in the Mem land there is obviously profit involved building on that as well so another positive to this so called consortium. The trouble with buying the club or even getting it free, they are losing £3 million per year, and have to pay £40 million for a stadium on top, £20 million in debt and £30 million for the land. The clubs debt will still keep rising as they will still be in the mem with their poor crowds (I suppose they will be getting £15 million for Clarke Harris though).

Why would this consortium suddenly be throwing money at the club - they won''t? I just see another "billionaire Jordanian bankers" owners coming along trying to line their own pockets. The whole situation is odd, seeing as they will be around £100 million in debt with the current debt, cost of land and stadium. Is there really that much profit in the building trade - if it does happen be interesting to see how many houses/flats are being built.

I didn't think Marvellous Marvin wanted a stadium down there anyway, so surely he will be objecting........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, wood_red said:

 

I have been told that the sale of the Fruit Market land has been agreed, and there definitely won't any objections by anyone to a stadium there whatsoever, and the council are all on board with it.

I still do not understand why anyone would not just buy the land and build housing and commercial/retail and sell it and off they go? Now add in the Mem land there is obviously profit involved building on that as well so another positive to this so called consortium. The trouble with buying the club or even getting it free, they are losing £3 million per year, and have to pay £40 million for a stadium on top, £20 million in debt and £30 million for the land. The clubs debt will still keep rising as they will still be in the mem with their poor crowds (I suppose they will be getting £15 million for Clarke Harris though).

Why would this consortium suddenly be throwing money at the club - they won''t? I just see another "billionaire Jordanian bankers" owners coming along trying to line their own pockets. The whole situation is odd, seeing as they will be around £100 million in debt with the current debt, cost of land and stadium. Is there really that much profit in the building trade - if it does happen be interesting to see how many houses/flats are being built.

I didn't think Marvellous Marvin wanted a stadium down there anyway, so surely he will be objecting........

Buy the land. Get to the stage of convincing the council a football club isn't workable there, then sell the derelict land for housing.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know they will say they will sell it out every week etc, but they will need a lot more people in there than their paltry crowds they get now just to cover the larger overheads and to keep the losses at 65k per week. Assuming it will be a massive loaning facility the new owners will want their investment back so how do they survive?

Still, we all know that no questions will be asked of the new owners and their intentions, and will just be shouting how rich they are and discussing a 30k stadium and Premiership in 5 years. I can see it all turning sour myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I know they will say they will sell it out every week etc, but they will need a lot more people in there than their paltry crowds they get now just to cover the larger overheads and to keep the losses at 65k per week. Assuming it will be a massive loaning facility the new owners will want their investment back so how do they survive?

Still, we all know that no questions will be asked of the new owners and their intentions, and will just be shouting how rich they are and discussing a 30k stadium and Premiership in 5 years. I can see it all turning sour myself.

Of course, it could be that the proposed new owners are fans, and are happy to underwrite the annual loss.

Whilst I would imagine that SL would rather not have to shell out every year to keep City a float, these people do exist. And Rovers are probably starting from a higher base position (in so far that accrued losses are significantly lower than the losses on the City balance sheet).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/10/2019 at 23:44, SX227 said:

Typical sag resting after a hard day of shoplifting - he's still got the price tag on his crappy trousers!

Peas with fried egg as well - needs to try harder when nicking food and choose a better supermarket.

Sainsbury's perhaps?

 

 

This sad **** has taken the time to go through a bag of Alphabet potatoes pick out those letters and then cook them all for a 'pun'. What a cretin. I hope he choked on those sausages. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lifted from CTID FB page, but I thought it funny enough to post here 😃

A City fan & Rovers fan were driving down a country lane late one night when they collided head on, the cars were both smashed to pieces but to their amazement neither party was injured.
To celebrate their good fortune they agree to put their sporting differences behind them and the City fan goes to the boot of his car and produces a 12 year old bottle of Single Malt & hands it to the Rovers fan.
“May the City fans & the Rovers fans live together in peace & harmony” says the Rovers fan and he takes several large gulps and passes the bottle back to the City supporter. 
“Are you not going to have a drink?” says the Gas head
“Not yet” replied the City fan, “I’ll wait until after the police have arrived you sad blue nosed **** “

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

 

I have been told that the sale of the Fruit Market land has been agreed, and there definitely won't any objections by anyone to a stadium there whatsoever, and the council are all on board with it.

I still do not understand why anyone would not just buy the land and build housing and commercial/retail and sell it and off they go? Now add in the Mem land there is obviously profit involved building on that as well so another positive to this so called consortium. The trouble with buying the club or even getting it free, they are losing £3 million per year, and have to pay £40 million for a stadium on top, £20 million in debt and £30 million for the land. The clubs debt will still keep rising as they will still be in the mem with their poor crowds (I suppose they will be getting £15 million for Clarke Harris though).

Why would this consortium suddenly be throwing money at the club - they won''t? I just see another "billionaire Jordanian bankers" owners coming along trying to line their own pockets. The whole situation is odd, seeing as they will be around £100 million in debt with the current debt, cost of land and stadium. Is there really that much profit in the building trade - if it does happen be interesting to see how many houses/flats are being built.

I didn't think Marvellous Marvin wanted a stadium down there anyway, so surely he will be objecting........

Hahaha. Well he will be diverting public funds from where it should be spent won't he, and he is a gashead.

This consortium doesn't have any Malaysian money behind it does it ?

I hope uncle Steve has his legal eagles primed and ready.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wood_red said:

I know they will say they will sell it out every week etc, but they will need a lot more people in there than their paltry crowds they get now just to cover the larger overheads and to keep the losses at 65k per week. Assuming it will be a massive loaning facility the new owners will want their investment back so how do they survive?

Still, we all know that no questions will be asked of the new owners and their intentions, and will just be shouting how rich they are and discussing a 30k stadium and Premiership in 5 years. I can see it all turning sour myself.

You’ve added 10k on to the capacity already......that’ll be on Slagchat later as fact!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You’ve added 10k on to the capacity already......that’ll be on Slagchat later as fact!!

I thought with taking 50+ thousand "fans" to Wembley they would be able to easily get 50-60% of that on a fortnightly basis, plus it would be bigger than ours and we know they have better support than us because they keep saying so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those City fans shouting 'mind the gap' may be interested to learn that Rovers were saying the same thing  56 years ago. Whilst tidying the attic a few days ago I found a program from the Glos Cup Final played at Eastville on 23 May 1963. The inside notes described Rovers "impressive dominance" in that for "fourteen successive seasons Rovers held a higher Football League position than City - a record that is unlikely to be beaten". That was from 1948 to 1962. That comment certainly tempted fate because City then dominated for 19 years from 1963 until 1981. City's present run of dominance started in 2001 and is currently in its 20th year meaning Rovers run has not just been beaten but beaten twice.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Old Ashtonian said:

Those City fans shouting 'mind the gap' may be interested to learn that Rovers were saying the same thing  56 years ago. Whilst tidying the attic a few days ago I found a program from the Glos Cup Final played at Eastville on 23 May 1963. The inside notes described Rovers "impressive dominance" in that for "fourteen successive seasons Rovers held a higher Football League position than City - a record that is unlikely to be beaten". That was from 1948 to 1962. That comment certainly tempted fate because City then dominated for 19 years from 1963 until 1981. City's present run of dominance started in 2001 and is currently in its 20th year meaning Rovers run has not just been beaten but beaten twice.

Perhaps it meant "a record that is unlikely to be beaten" by Rovers.

Because they are so shit.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, wood_red said:

 

I have been told that the sale of the Fruit Market land has been agreed, and there definitely won't any objections by anyone to a stadium there whatsoever, and the council are all on board with it.

I still do not understand why anyone would not just buy the land and build housing and commercial/retail and sell it and off they go? Now add in the Mem land there is obviously profit involved building on that as well so another positive to this so called consortium. The trouble with buying the club or even getting it free, they are losing £3 million per year, and have to pay £40 million for a stadium on top, £20 million in debt and £30 million for the land. The clubs debt will still keep rising as they will still be in the mem with their poor crowds (I suppose they will be getting £15 million for Clarke Harris though).

Why would this consortium suddenly be throwing money at the club - they won''t? I just see another "billionaire Jordanian bankers" owners coming along trying to line their own pockets. The whole situation is odd, seeing as they will be around £100 million in debt with the current debt, cost of land and stadium. Is there really that much profit in the building trade - if it does happen be interesting to see how many houses/flats are being built.

I didn't think Marvellous Marvin wanted a stadium down there anyway, so surely he will be objecting........

Heard the same as well, my source works for a company with a site near Fruit Market and he got told this week that they would be moving within two years. Site was sold to include housing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Heard the same as well, my source works for a company with a site near Fruit Market and he got told this week that they would be moving within two years. Site was sold to include housing.

The need to be moving quicker than that cos Wally said it would all be built within two years.......two months ago.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Old Ashtonian said:

Those City fans shouting 'mind the gap' may be interested to learn that Rovers were saying the same thing  56 years ago. Whilst tidying the attic a few days ago I found a program from the Glos Cup Final played at Eastville on 23 May 1963. The inside notes described Rovers "impressive dominance" in that for "fourteen successive seasons Rovers held a higher Football League position than City - a record that is unlikely to be beaten". That was from 1948 to 1962. That comment certainly tempted fate because City then dominated for 19 years from 1963 until 1981. City's present run of dominance started in 2001 and is currently in its 20th year meaning Rovers run has not just been beaten but beaten twice.

It's worth noting. After going through the entire 1980's being at the receiving end of a lot of Rovers gloating is precisely why I hold my tongue - things can change, no matter how unlikely. I like a bit of banter, and taking the p!ss a little bit, but I don't gloat. There have been reversals in the past. Fortunes are like a sine wave, with ups and downs through time. We're on top at present, well on top. But gloating is as sure a way as any to tempt fate! I like reading this thread and having a daily chuckle, but I'm well reminded that things CAN change. Sorry to be a damp squib.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OneCity said:

It's worth noting. After going through the entire 1980's being at the receiving end of a lot of Rovers gloating is precisely why I hold my tongue - things can change, no matter how unlikely. I like a bit of banter, and taking the p!ss a little bit, but I don't gloat. There have been reversals in the past. Fortunes are like a sine wave, with ups and downs through time. We're on top at present, well on top. But gloating is as sure a way as any to tempt fate! I like reading this thread and having a daily chuckle, but I'm well reminded that things CAN change. Sorry to be a damp squib.

Look at Manchester - Utd dominated the EPL for years, whilst City were the "Rovers" of the two, and actually replaced us in Div 2 when we went up behind Watford.

20 years or so later, City are the ones dominating whilst Utd are playing for a mid table - 6th place finish if their lucky.

I agree, times can change very quickly in football, although they are consistency delusional over in Eastville.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, OneCity said:

It's worth noting. After going through the entire 1980's being at the receiving end of a lot of Rovers gloating is precisely why I hold my tongue - things can change, no matter how unlikely. I like a bit of banter, and taking the p!ss a little bit, but I don't gloat. There have been reversals in the past. Fortunes are like a sine wave, with ups and downs through time. We're on top at present, well on top. But gloating is as sure a way as any to tempt fate! I like reading this thread and having a daily chuckle, but I'm well reminded that things CAN change. Sorry to be a damp squib.

We're coming for you!

For acknowledging this fact, you alone shall be spared from my relentless piss taking when the glorious day comes . The rest of you take note, it is not to late to repent and accept that as each day passes , we are closer to the gap being closed. It may even be sometime this century. You have been warned.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We're coming for you!

For acknowledging this fact, you alone shall be spared from my relentless piss taking when the glorious day comes . The rest of you take note, it is not to late to repent and accept that as each day passes , we are closer to the gap being closed. It may even be sometime this century. You have been warned.

In five years time you'll have forgotten who Bristol Rovers were, Miah. We all will.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We're coming for you!

For acknowledging this fact, you alone shall be spared from my relentless piss taking when the glorious day comes . The rest of you take note, it is not to late to repent and accept that as each day passes , we are closer to the gap being closed. It may even be sometime this century. You have been warned.

The trouble is you need real money and a tangeable plan not Monopoly money and wet dreams which your Chelsea supporting fake sheik seems to have in abundance.

I would be worried about a "consortium" that usually means no individual has anywhere near enough resources on their own so after they've argued amongst theselves for seeral years they'll carve up all of the assets which currently is Santa's Grotto, a Chasers Nightclub canopy, half a dozen plastic garden chairs, some championship ready sprinklers and a box of out of date crisps, a ground share with a club you haven't upset will be on the cards.

I hope you know how to get to Blyth Spartans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Basement Rovers dustbin thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...