IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I’m not sure why they are clamouring for that ridiculous Skellington to come back - their persevering with him for so long was. A factor in their relegation in 2001. Be a shame if that happened again!...

But would enjoy having a pantomime villain in their dugout again, since Doggy Darrell left you’ve felt more pity than hate for their string of rubbish gaffers.

I imagine they need to pay a fair whack for Tisdale’s contract?

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Tisdale's heart never looked in it.

He's got too many interests away from football. Wouldn't surprise me if he never returned to football management. He's certainly finished at League One level for the foreseeable future. Disaster at both Rovers and MK Mongs.

His post match interviews were completely bizarre - I commented on them - sounded totally disinterested and distanced which for any manager , let alone one in a new post was massive alarm bells 

They’ve become the Watford of League 1, in terms of over-expectations and an owner with no patience, just their results are much worse.

Obviously they didn’t cope with 2 recent rounds of “Snakebite”, but it’s reckoned that very few of them could manage much more than a Tizer anyway!

18 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

If Holden loses tonight could be another manager in Bristol leaving

Why? The situations are entirely different. The Gas are praying they can find someone who can keep them in L1. We are not in any danger of relegation. We are just arguing about style. 

Getting rid of Holden now would just be nuts. No new manager is going to get us in the top 2 or could guarantee us the play-offs, which realistically we won't win anyway. Neither are they going to magic up a left back. If we rid ourselves of Holden do we show Simpson and Downing the door too? Would they stay under a new manager. By all means review at the end of the season but to change now would be crass stupidity. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

I’m not sure why they are clamouring for that ridiculous Skellington to come back - their persevering with him for so long was. A factor in their relegation in 2001. Be a shame if that happened again!...

But would enjoy having a pantomime villain in their dugout again, since Doggy Darrell left you’ve felt more pity than hate for their string of rubbish gaffers.

I imagine they need to pay a fair whack for Tisdale’s contract?

I saw a lot of the Sags during his reign (Plotting Against them as opposed to ‘watching them’) and his sides with Hayles , Cureton , Roberts etc were some of the more potent and entertaining I’ve seen from the Sags

It eventually went wrong and hasn’t  run well for him recently but IMHO he’d be a sensible and good appointment for them in their situation

Edited by Sheltons Army