Jump to content
IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread


42nite

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Malago said:

The Alan Dicks Stand sounds fine by me.

The other point is that one day AD will pass to that great Ashton Gate in the sky, hopefully not for a long time yet, when there will be an outpouring grief and calls for some form of permanent memorial, including calls for a stand to be named after him.  Why not recognise his efforts now, when he’s still alive and able to appreciate the affection the support has for him?

Agree entirely but you must let us schoolboys have our fun.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

 

No way it's as high as 8,000, not with the amount of terracing that it has.

Adding up their stands seats on various sites, it comes to around 2,800. Football Manager (which is relatively reliable) has it as 2,700. I'd imagine 3,500 seats at an absolute maximum to be honest, less than our entire smallest stand. :laugh:

Think their seating capacity is now 27.501 in their brand spanking new stadium ,opens in august i think .

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Course, if his 'lad' (chortle) performs, we could end up with two Bell Ends.

A double header if you please.

2 Bell Ends and a Dicks ..... what more would a club want ?

Actually what about Sir Cheesley?

We could end up with 2 Bell Ends and one Dicks with added Cheese

Edited by BigTone
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Obsessed. 

75E92D2D-DD29-49E5-87FF-2319CEA2DAEA.png

Bless them.

Idolising a player who clearly couldn’t wait to get away from them and their funny little tents as soon as he could.

Former players scoring against us is about as close as they get to getting one over on us these days.

Thank God I was born a red.

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bless them.

Idolising a player who clearly couldn’t wait to get away from them and their funny little tents as soon as he could.

Former players scoring against us is about as close as they get to getting one over on us these days.

Thank God I was born a red.

 

On our local radio, Darren Fergusson reckons a big club will come in for JCH this Summer. Just to rub it in to the gas, how about City snapping him up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Just name it the "Sir Colin Daniel Stand" and be done with it....now back to Rovers bashing.....Jaily Barton's court case is 7th June.

That would be absolutely hilarious! If they've got upset with a mock coffin and some emulsion, just think how irate and pissed off they'll be with 'Sir Colin Daniel Stand'...?!??!? Even just May 3rd every year for one day......

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They've released their retained list and agent Little has finally departed it seems. But their top goalscorer, Luke Leahy, a left-back. Who Barton in an interview the other day said was committed to staying at the club and wanted to stick with it and who Barton made captain, has rejected a contract offer and now will leave. You couldn't write it!!

  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

They've released their retained list and agent Little has finally departed it seems. But their top goalscorer, Luke Leahy, a left-back. Who Barton in an interview the other day said was committed to staying at the club and wanted to stick with it and who Barton made captain, has rejected a contract offer and now will leave. You couldn't write it!!

That’s because Luke Leahy whoever’s the **** that is . Realises what a shitty two bit club they are with a massive bellend in charge 

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did anyone see a post by some sag maggot on their forum stating Eastville should have had a protection order on it where it had to be used for sporting purposes and not made available for retail.

Just like the one they rode roughshod over that applied to the Mem then?

They genuinely don't see the hypocrisy and general irony in this.

Wnakers!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Did anyone see a post by some sag maggot on their forum stating Eastville should have had a protection order on it where it had to be used for sporting purposes and not made available for retail.

Just like the one they rode roughshod over that applied to the Mem then?

They genuinely don't see the hypocrisy and general irony in this.

Wnakers!

Yeah but that was different...

#Gaslogic

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Did anyone see a post by some sag maggot on their forum stating Eastville should have had a protection order on it where it had to be used for sporting purposes and not made available for retail.

Just like the one they rode roughshod over that applied to the Mem then?

They genuinely don't see the hypocrisy and general irony in this.

Wnakers!

It's nice visiting Tesco and IKEA instead of that old shite.

Edited by Banjo Red
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

it must be devastating for gas parents bringing up youngsters desperately trying to turn them red only to find the extra digits popping out like wisdom teeth as they grow up

Most gas heads visit the dentist to have wisdom teeth put in.

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nebristolred said:

 

No way it's as high as 8,000, not with the amount of terracing that it has.

Adding up their stands seats on various sites, it comes to around 2,800. Football Manager (which is relatively reliable) has it as 2,700. I'd imagine 3,500 seats at an absolute maximum to be honest, less than our entire smallest stand. :laugh:

The figure of 8,000 was probably given them by a gashead and they never knew of the pathological liars reputation.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

They've released their retained list and agent Little has finally departed it seems. But their top goalscorer, Luke Leahy, a left-back. Who Barton in an interview the other day said was committed to staying at the club and wanted to stick with it and who Barton made captain, has rejected a contract offer and now will leave. You couldn't write it!!

Really? ******* brilliant! The gift 🎁.

They’ve been banging on about how they ‘might decide to keep him’ like it’s an honour for the bloke to be there! ******* deluded belters.

Luke Leahy is ******* off because Rovers are a ******* Tinpot joke of a club peddling backwards.

In a statement earlier today Leahy said “Well, I’m hardly going to miss plying my trade in a ramshackle shithole full of tents am I? It’s a ******* no brainer. I’m off to salvage my career. Goodnight and Good riddance Irene”

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

They've released their retained list and agent Little has finally departed it seems. But their top goalscorer, Luke Leahy, a left-back. Who Barton in an interview the other day said was committed to staying at the club and wanted to stick with it and who Barton made captain, has rejected a contract offer and now will leave. You couldn't write it!!

I believe they are the only club to issue a fans retained list too - every year it seems that huge numbers are released (from their agony) because their attendances simply provoke cackling and hilarity around the country - no-one falls for their deluded guff that they are a big club with a huge and loyal fanbase ...

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I believe they are the only club to issue a fans retained list too - every year it seems that huge numbers are released (from their agony) because their attendances simply provoke cackling and hilarity around the country - no-one falls for their deluded guff that they are a big club with a huge and loyal fanbase ...

Except any new manager they appoint. They think there is a blue ‘half’. The clue is in their shirts....Blue ‘quarter’

  • Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Basement Rovers dustbin thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...