Jump to content
IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread


42nite
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Did anyone see a post by some sag maggot on their forum stating Eastville should have had a protection order on it where it had to be used for sporting purposes and not made available for retail.

Just like the one they rode roughshod over that applied to the Mem then?

They genuinely don't see the hypocrisy and general irony in this.

Wnakers!

It's nice visiting Tesco and IKEA instead of that old shite.

Edited by Banjo Red
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

it must be devastating for gas parents bringing up youngsters desperately trying to turn them red only to find the extra digits popping out like wisdom teeth as they grow up

Most gas heads visit the dentist to have wisdom teeth put in.

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nebristolred said:

 

No way it's as high as 8,000, not with the amount of terracing that it has.

Adding up their stands seats on various sites, it comes to around 2,800. Football Manager (which is relatively reliable) has it as 2,700. I'd imagine 3,500 seats at an absolute maximum to be honest, less than our entire smallest stand. :laugh:

The figure of 8,000 was probably given them by a gashead and they never knew of the pathological liars reputation.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

They've released their retained list and agent Little has finally departed it seems. But their top goalscorer, Luke Leahy, a left-back. Who Barton in an interview the other day said was committed to staying at the club and wanted to stick with it and who Barton made captain, has rejected a contract offer and now will leave. You couldn't write it!!

Really? ******* brilliant! The gift 🎁.

They’ve been banging on about how they ‘might decide to keep him’ like it’s an honour for the bloke to be there! ******* deluded belters.

Luke Leahy is ******* off because Rovers are a ******* Tinpot joke of a club peddling backwards.

In a statement earlier today Leahy said “Well, I’m hardly going to miss plying my trade in a ramshackle shithole full of tents am I? It’s a ******* no brainer. I’m off to salvage my career. Goodnight and Good riddance Irene”

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

They've released their retained list and agent Little has finally departed it seems. But their top goalscorer, Luke Leahy, a left-back. Who Barton in an interview the other day said was committed to staying at the club and wanted to stick with it and who Barton made captain, has rejected a contract offer and now will leave. You couldn't write it!!

I believe they are the only club to issue a fans retained list too - every year it seems that huge numbers are released (from their agony) because their attendances simply provoke cackling and hilarity around the country - no-one falls for their deluded guff that they are a big club with a huge and loyal fanbase ...

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I believe they are the only club to issue a fans retained list too - every year it seems that huge numbers are released (from their agony) because their attendances simply provoke cackling and hilarity around the country - no-one falls for their deluded guff that they are a big club with a huge and loyal fanbase ...

Except any new manager they appoint. They think there is a blue ‘half’. The clue is in their shirts....Blue ‘quarter’

  • Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 22A said:

On our local radio, Darren Fergusson reckons a big club will come in for JCH this Summer. Just to rub it in to the gas, how about City snapping him up?

Absolutely. 

Should have got him a year ago though. Would have been about £1m... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

They've released their retained list and agent Little has finally departed it seems. But their top goalscorer, Luke Leahy, a left-back. Who Barton in an interview the other day said was committed to staying at the club and wanted to stick with it and who Barton made captain, has rejected a contract offer and now will leave. You couldn't write it!!

You are right. Poor Simon Southgate tried with his chubby little six fingered hands.

 

B44DA0F0-6963-4405-BEE9-0EE3FCABC76B.jpeg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Absolutely. 

Should have got him a year ago though. Would have been about £1m... 

He was looking like a one season wonder at the time, fair play to Posh for realising he just needed to be playing with a better team.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

He was looking like a one season wonder at the time, fair play to Posh for realising he just needed to be playing with a better team.

And to be of the required level of fitness to play at the top end of the table.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Probably had a £10m £300k release clause at the Gas 

Fair play to the Gas they did include a number of clauses when they sold him for promotion etc. (Would probably buy them  a whole new team).

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Local Team .... National Embarrassment  (even if it is just the Daily Mail):-

 

Bristol Rovers REMOVE Joey Barton's astonishing rant about club's previous managers being 'negligent' from their website after being threatened with legal action by ex-boss Paul Tisdale

  • Bristol Rovers have been forced to remove Joey Barton's rant from their website
  • Barton hit out at his predecessors in an astonishing rant earlier this year
  • Barton sparked controversy by accusing his previous coaches of ‘negligence’ 
  • Rovers took swift action after being contacted by ex-boss Paul Tisdale's lawyers 

Bristol Rovers REMOVE Joey Barton's rant about club's previous managers from their website | Daily Mail Online

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Local Team .... National Embarrassment  (even if it is just the Daily Mail):-

 

Bristol Rovers REMOVE Joey Barton's astonishing rant about club's previous managers being 'negligent' from their website after being threatened with legal action by ex-boss Paul Tisdale

  • Bristol Rovers have been forced to remove Joey Barton's rant from their website
  • Barton hit out at his predecessors in an astonishing rant earlier this year
  • Barton sparked controversy by accusing his previous coaches of ‘negligence’ 
  • Rovers took swift action after being contacted by ex-boss Paul Tisdale's lawyers 

Bristol Rovers REMOVE Joey Barton's rant about club's previous managers from their website | Daily Mail Online

 

Controversy and trouble seems to follow that bloke.

Risky appointment in many ways - which is nice.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Basement Rovers dustbin thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...