IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

47 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why would any methane snorter take any pride in turning up at our palatial home wearing that monstrosity? To me, that seems both desperate and humiliating on their part? 

They've got a hot dog stand on their, admittedly, new tarmac, tents and portaloos and then they see what we've got? 

I just don't get it. Are we supposed to be offended? Personally, I think it's rather funny.

I wish I'd been in charge of the needle !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

If they were sent in the post, yes but that would have its own reflections on Rovers' professionalism

Takes approximately 24 hours for electronic filing to appear, so would expect it to appear today at the earliest. 

Personally I'd chose the electronic filing option, but, If sending paper copies is an accepted format, why would using this method show a lack of professionalism?  

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Doesn't it sometimes take a few days for documents filed to appear on the website?  Particularly since COVID I believe.

That is the usual excuse by CH.

There is working from home and then there is working from home when in the civil service.

Though Dwane Developments' Confirmation Statement is more than two months' overdue.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11253528

27 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That is the usual excuse by CH.

There is working from home and then there is working from home when in the civil service.

Though Dwane Developments' Confirmation Statement is more than two months' overdue.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11253528

Ah, I see the first Compulsory Strike Off Notice was issued yesterday.  Surely it's no big hassle for them to file a simple form on time?  A bit odd - although I'm no expert in this field. 

14 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Ah, I see the first Compulsory Strike Off Notice was issued yesterday.  Surely it's no big hassle for them to file a simple form on time?  A bit odd - although I'm no expert in this field. 

I expect that Rovers pays peanuts to their admin staff as, so it happens, does City.

I know this because maybe ten years ago a couple of senior financial jobs came up at City, my dream job, but when I saw the salaries I wasn't prepared to take that big a pay cut. The salary offered was verging on being rude it was so low.

Football clubs seem to all operate like this: stupid money for the inner circle like Ashton and poverty wages for their professional office staff.

And if you pay peanuts...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sniper said:

Flipping heck, this slipped onto page 2 :laugh:

Managed a 1-1 against the mighty Melksham tonight.

Even the night Barcelona of league 2 will have slip ups. This is all part of their plan to lose every pre season game so their opponents will think they are shit and underestimate them, ofc the truth is they are shit. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Attended the game- (in laws have Melksham links) 

A few choruses of “Irene” and “if you hate the shit stand up” (no seats for the majority) was amusing. 

also the own goal was comical. 

in summary - mind the gap. 

thought they would of sung going up going up going up, and we are top of the league 

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

They don't play for nothing or come without signing on fees, agents fees etc.

Of course that is true. However some players will also be leaving and that frees up some of the wage bill does it not?

Talking with one of their supporters the other day, who said that people in the know have heard that a deal has been done for the fruit market, by either Wael, or his company. Backed up by the fact that he now has a personal wealth of some £400m. When we delved a little further into his personal wealth, we found that the information on his wealth referred to 2016 and was the family wealth, not Waels.

If I'm not mistaken, this wealth was diminished with a drop in share value of the Bank or Hotel business. Even so, with the passing of his father giving his bank account a boost, you'd expect a figure possibly around 25% of that family wealth, so upwards of £100m. A tidy sum but, is it enough to purchase the Fruit Market and adjoining land and build a stadium? Just saw that Everton's new stadium is expected to cost £500m. What could Wael expect to get if he decided to spunk all his fortune into this venture. If he did, at least it would prove how insane he actually is.

My one fear is that Marvin and his right hand man are doing a covert deal with the city's land, just to give those cretins a more even platform to compete.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Talking with one of their supporters the other day, who said that people in the know have heard that a deal has been done for the fruit market, by either Wael, or his company. Backed up by the fact that he now has a personal wealth of some £400m. When we delved a little further into his personal wealth, we found that the information on his wealth referred to 2016 and was the family wealth, not Waels.

If I'm not mistaken, this wealth was diminished with a drop in share value of the Bank or Hotel business. Even so, with the passing of his father giving his bank account a boost, you'd expect a figure possibly around 25% of that family wealth, so upwards of £100m. A tidy sum but, is it enough to purchase the Fruit Market and adjoining land and build a stadium? Just saw that Everton's new stadium is expected to cost £500m. What could Wael expect to get if he decided to spunk all his fortune into this venture. If he did, at least it would prove how insane he actually is.

My one fear is that Marvin and his right hand man are doing a covert deal with the city's land, just to give those cretins a more even platform to compete.

Their fans "ITK" have been saying for a few years that a deal has been done, just more bullshit. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

Surely this is old news? Or isn't their new stadium opening in August after all?

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

I think after Covid any chance of the council supporting it are gone. They’re skinter than Wael 

I also thought that the Fruit Market, or maybe one of the companies in it (they would all have to agree to sell or relocate) was owned by a staunch City fan who was highly unlikely to help the Gas in any way.